2011 NFL Uniform Changes

ARTnSocal

Anyone know of any changes in the works?

I'm hoping for the BILLS to abandon those wretched navy blue on navy blue with the red helmets, hopefully to make our '65 throwbacks our regular jerseys.

Anyone heard anything on any of the 32 clubs ?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doubt you'll see anything big in the last year of the Reebok deal. I'd expect that any planned changes might be tabled until 2012. Could be wrong though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Broncos are thinking of making there Orange Alt's as there primary.

That won't happen until 2012 at the earliest.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Why are you complaining? The change means your eyes are guaranteed to bleed every time you watch a Broncos home game. I don't want that to happen ever, but at least we get some time to prepare for it.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Doubt you'll see anything big in the last year of the Reebok deal. I'd expect that any planned changes might be tabled until 2012. Could be wrong though.

I'm not sure that having a change in licensing stops uniform changes. Did the league not have any changes the year Reebok took over? What about when Majestic took over for Russell Athletic in baseball? I'm pretty sure there were still some changes.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Uni Watch reported awhile ago that the Giants will be getting throwbacks:

http://www.uniwatchblog.com/2009/07/17/uni-watch-field-trip-an-afternoon-at-the-meadowlands/

The red alternate jersey has been retired. The Giants will not be wearing any alternates or throwbacks in 2009 or 2010, but they have a doozy of a throwback slated for 2011 ? which I can?t describe.

http://www.uniwatchblog.com/2009/07/17/uni-watch-field-trip-an-afternoon-at-the-meadowlands/

The red alternate jersey has been retired. The Giants will not be wearing any alternates or throwbacks in 2009 or 2010, but they have a doozy of a throwback slated for 2011 — which I can’t describe.

I hope they wear these:

05096653.jpg

4072960949_13ba54e282_o.jpg

...even better if they play the New York Jets, and the Jets wore these:

boomer-esiason-with-jets.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Why are you complaining? The change means your eyes are guaranteed to bleed every time you watch a Broncos home game. I don't want that to happen ever, but at least we get some time to prepare for it.

It's already happened:

broncos-throwback.jpg

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

I'm not sure that having a change in licensing stops uniform changes. Did the league not have any changes the year Reebok took over? What about when Majestic took over for Russell Athletic in baseball? I'm pretty sure there were still some changes.

Well we're talking about the year before a takeover, and we're now in an era where many if not most of the designs come from the design teams at the licensee's own shop. Nike is coming up with their own templates and technology, and I'm sure they don't want to have to shoe horn a lame duck Reebok design that just doesn't work with what they're trying to do. I'm sure that they wouldn't have the final say in what happens (unless it's in the contract), but I would think that this being Reebok's lame duck year would definitely have some kind of an impact on changes.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The red alternate jersey has been retired. The Giants will not be wearing any alternates or throwbacks in 2009 or 2010, but they have a doozy of a throwback slated for 2011 ? which I can?t describe.

I hope they wear these:

05096653.jpg

I don't know if those qualify as "doozies". My guess (and it's a guess since I have no inside info) would be one of the first few designs here, assuming they still plan on introducing a throwback:

http://history.giants.com/page/New+York+Giants+Uniforms

I really like the 1933 design.

It's already happened:

Yeah, but that was a one-season thing. A change to orange full-time means full-time eye bleedage when you watch their home games.

nflnyg1933opt1pics.jpg

I really like the 1933 design.

Oh look, the Montreal Canadiens on the gridiron.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I'm holding off til '12 when Nike takes over. I realize this isn't the same widespread change, as when RBK was doing the hockey redesigns they had a new type of jersey for everyone and the company stayed the same. We could have seen that had RBK stuck around and started the new jersey they had some Giants, Colts, and other teams use. But since that uniform type change won't happen, I'm not sure since this is just the company changing.

But I'm not taking any chances in case Nike does make some changes, I'd rather just wait.

2ly2w09.jpg

Archived