2011 NFL Uniform Changes

ARTnSocal

I said it before and I'll repeat it again. I bet the only thing that changes, at least initially, when Nike takes over, is the swoosh replaces the Reebok logo. I am sure teams will take "advantage" (tounge-in-cheek) of Nike's design capabilities at some point, but the teams control their looks/designs, and I am sure, for the most part, will continue that.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are you complaining? The change means your eyes are guaranteed to bleed every time you watch a Broncos home game. I don't want that to happen ever, but at least we get some time to prepare for it.

It's already happened:

Yeah, but that was a one-season thing. A change to orange full-time means full-time eye bleedage when you watch their home games.

:rolleyes: If the orange jerseys make your eyes bleed, I'm okay with that.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

scroll down and you will see an interesting Giants uniform from 1934

http://www.atimetoget.com/2009/10/uniform-choice.html

I really have to look around to see if my copy of that book is still around somewhere.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

scroll down and you will see an interesting Giants uniform from 1934

http://www.atimetoget.com/2009/10/uniform-choice.html

I really have to look around to see if my copy of that book is still around somewhere.

I've got mine, you need something or are you just wanting to find yours?

Wanting to find mine. Thanks though.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Uni Watch reported awhile ago that the Giants will be getting throwbacks:

http://www.uniwatchblog.com/2009/07/17/uni-watch-field-trip-an-afternoon-at-the-meadowlands/

The red alternate jersey has been retired. The Giants will not be wearing any alternates or throwbacks in 2009 or 2010, but they have a doozy of a throwback slated for 2011 ? which I can?t describe.

I hope they wear these:

05096653.jpg

4072960949_13ba54e282_o.jpg

...even better if they play the New York Jets, and the Jets wore these:

boomer-esiason-with-jets.jpg

Seconded.

Considering we just came off a year where there were ZERO changes to any teams uniforms (besides the Redskins adding yellow pants), I'd be surprised if we go another year without some changes. Especially considering we were averaging about 2 uniform changes per year, for the past decade.

The whole "Nike/Reebok" deal has been greatly overblown. Its really the TEAMS that determine how they want to look and if they want to make uniform changes (with help from NFL Properties). Nike and Reebok mean very little.

http://www.uniwatchblog.com/2009/07/17/uni-watch-field-trip-an-afternoon-at-the-meadowlands/

The red alternate jersey has been retired. The Giants will not be wearing any alternates or throwbacks in 2009 or 2010, but they have a doozy of a throwback slated for 2011 ? which I can?t describe.

nflnyg1933opt1pics.jpg

Make it happen, Giants.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Why are you complaining? The change means your eyes are guaranteed to bleed every time you watch a Broncos home game. I don't want that to happen ever, but at least we get some time to prepare for it.

It's already happened:

Yeah, but that was a one-season thing. A change to orange full-time means full-time eye bleedage when you watch their home games.

:rolleyes: If the orange jerseys make your eyes bleed, I'm okay with that.

Have fun wearing them at the bottom of the division.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The whole "Nike/Reebok" deal has been greatly overblown. Its really the TEAMS that determine how they want to look and if they want to make uniform changes (with help from NFL Properties). Nike and Reebok mean very little.

OK, this is getting ridiculous. That's the second time in two days that I am in complete agreement with dennisbergan.

People are acting like Nike can just come in and say "Guess what Pittsburgh, (or whoever) we don't care about your tradition. As soon as we get this contract you're going to be the NFL equivalent of Oregon." This is the NFL people. Nike will jump as high as the NFL decides Nike needs to jump and not the other way around.

BB52Big.jpg

nflnyg1933opt1pics.jpg

Make it happen, Giants.

While at first I was confused, I am now curious. I would sure as hell like to see this somehow on a modern uni. Just for the sake of the freak show. It can't be worse than those broncos...things.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Considering we just came off a year where there were ZERO changes to any teams uniforms (besides the Redskins adding yellow pants), I'd be surprised if we go another year without some changes. Especially considering we were averaging about 2 uniform changes per year, for the past decade.

If anything, I'd think this were an indication that we're not gonna be seeing a whole lot of new looks for awhile. Kind of like how in the early part of the decade there were always at least 2 or 3 teams moving into a new stadium. I think a lot of teams are starting to settle into their new looks the way they've settled into their new digs.

This is true, but I'm sure that hasn't stopped Nike from cooking up an idea or 5 to present to each team in hopes that at least a small handful will bite.

nflnyg1933opt1pics.jpg

Make it happen, Giants.

The funny thing is that the Montreal Canadiens have almost this exact jersey design, just for hockey. Yet you'd probably say their uniforms are "boring" :P

nflnyg1933opt1pics.jpg

Make it happen, Giants.

While at first I was confused, I am now curious. I would sure as hell like to see this somehow on a modern uni. Just for the sake of the freak show. It can't be worse than those broncos...things.

Agreed, and I hope they're smart enough to use a matte finish on the helmets.

I'm hoping the Saints follow through on a reported "minor change," perhaps adding stripes on the black pants for 2008 2009 2010 2011. :rolleyes:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived