Avalanche alternate logo

JJSCOTT

After goin to the Avs game the other night I really wanted to come up with an alternate logo using the mascot. Some of you may have seen the Rockies alternate mascot based logo I did before this is along those lines. I have never really been a fan of the A logo they have but like the footprint logo. Noticed the mascot actually has a similar logo only its with a paw print so it got me thinking.

Here is the start... What do you think? C&C?

f9ea74a0.png

also a secondary logo with the barrel

f6e21fc7.png

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

Guess I shoulda posted an image of the mascot...

bernie.jpg

This was a better mascot:

Colorado_Avalanche.jpg

I'll second that.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

I like it, but there are a couple things that look wierd. The first is the perspective of the barrel, it doesn't line up with the saint bernard head very well. Having the barrel at the right angle will help a lot. And second, is the tongue. It looks a little too long and floppy (that's what she said), if you know what I mean.

jNTsTyQ.png

I like it, but there are a couple things that look wierd. The first is the perspective of the barrel, it doesn't line up with the saint bernard head very well. Having the barrel at the right angle will help a lot. And second, is the tongue. It looks a little too long and floppy (that's what she said), if you know what I mean.

I did struggle with how to do the barrel... since the head is at a profile the barrel would have to be just the end for it to match and then it looks like a weird circle on top. I wanted to give it a more 3/4 view so you could tell more what it is as well as using it for the secondary logo.

Any suggestions to work it in to serve all?

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

I just hate the St. Bernard theme in general. Nice logo, just not for the Avs :P

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Really nice execution. I'm kinda split on the St. Bernard; I didn't realize that was their mascot and I always made that connection more with the Swiss Alps, not so much American mountains. But you basically nailed the logo. My only gripe is that the tongue looks more like it's giving a raspberry than panting. But the barrel is great.

Agree with others about the Saint Bernard thing, not a fan, but in regards to the logo itself, it looks really nice but something about the barrel is bothering me. It's like it's just sitting on the side of the dogs head to me if that makes sense. I am thinking it needs to look more like it's under his chin and it doesn't, it looks a lot closer to the viewer than everything else. Maybe try having a little bit of the fur overlap part of the barrel?

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

bernie.jpg

Colorado_Avalanche.jpg

I'm kinda split on the St. Bernard; I didn't realize that was their mascot and I always made that connection more with the Swiss Alps, not so much American mountains.

Well, by that logic the Yeti mascot doesn't make any sense either since the Yeti comes from the Himalayas in Asia.

1909.png1925.png1960.png1971.png1979.png

1991copycopy.png

bernie.jpg

Colorado_Avalanche.jpg

Nice track pants Yeti!!!

I like the logo, but the tongue makes it look tired in my unprofessional opinion. I love the Colorado logo in the barrel! To me this logo doesn't fit the Avalanche though as that is a terrible mascot. Great job on the logo though! Maybe better for a team called The Rescue or The Saints (as mentioned above)

Archived