2011 NFL Offseason Thread

Cujo

FVCK! :cursing:

I don't care. Owners... Players... They're all to blame! Now, they had better get a deal in place before games are missed and pissed off fans (such as myself) turn on the sport. If they don't think that will happen, think again!

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't care. Owners... Players... They're all to blame!

This. I feel no sympathy for either side of an argument between millionaires and billionaires when the economy is as bad as it is.

This. I feel no sympathy for either side of an argument between millionaires and billionaires when the economy is as bad as it is.

Does your lack of sympathy start with the Freshman signees to the U of A, since they have no permanemt healthcare or college education after year one?

Every MLB player receives healthcare for life once they are called up to an MLB roster, why should NFL players be only given five years in the modern era?

Case in point:

Eddie George is currently out of benefits since he is retired for five seasons. He played his a$$ off for nine years and got jack. Should that be OK via the NFL?

Based on the players now being on the clock, I'm giving this another 3 weeks.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

From what my cousin has said and reading stuff from other players it really looks like what the owners sent to the players to approve wasn't at all what they had agreed on. And it's kind of working because there's a lot of people that are blaming the players for this not being done yet.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

From what my cousin has said and reading stuff from other players it really looks like what the owners sent to the players to approve wasn't at all what they had agreed on. And it's kind of working because there's a lot of people that are blaming the players for this not being done yet.

And Ferris Bueller died at the 31 Flavors.

From what I hear if there is no deal by the Owners deadline on Tuesday all bets are off. Panthers Owner Jerry Richardson and the other hardliners may get more entrenched and end any hopes of a deal with long litigation. In other words if the Players dont agree there will be no season this year.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

From what I hear if there is no deal by the Owners deadline on Tuesday all bets are off. Panthers Owner Jerry Richardson and the other hardliners may get more entrenched and end any hopes of a deal with long litigation. In other words if the Players dont agree there will be no season this year.

What 'you" hear is what we all hear.

If the NFL players don't agree, it is back to the bargaining table and the Federal courts as opposed to a season being thrown away.

If tour comments/thoughts were the only case, then the UFL would have gotten financing for another season before their presser on Tuesday.

The owners agreed now the players must agree. I dont give a damn who wins I just want football.

Average fan Joe Herp Derp will buy right into this

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Does your lack of sympathy start with the Freshman signees to the U of A, since they have no permanemt healthcare or college education after year one?

Every MLB player receives healthcare for life once they are called up to an MLB roster, why should NFL players be only given five years in the modern era?

Case in point:

Eddie George is currently out of benefits since he is retired for five seasons. He played his a$ off for nine years and got jack. Should that be OK via the NFL?

Healthcare is a huge deal. I don't know - should some guy who gets signed as a undrafted FA or 7th round draft pick who sucks but is able to make a roster for a game or two be basically set for life? Being in the NFL is turning into hitting the lottery. You make a roster for a week and you are entitled to a privilege that 99% of America doesn't have (lifetime insurance.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Easily the most annoying lockout cliche. Just because they're millionaires and billionaires doesn't mean their views on the future of their chosen industry are somehow less valid.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

It's looking more and more like the players are clearly not going to vote on this today and may not make the deadline. I still think it will get done, but we have had a lot of changes over the last 24 hours. Also adding to how awful ESPN is, if anyone else was watching their lockout special last night they had on some representative of the Bills. When asked if the players would vote today he said something like "most likely not". Despite hearing this (and learning that all of their "NFL Insiders" were completely wrong) they continue to have the headline "Players expected to vote today". And now they're acting shocked that it won't happen today. It's embarrassing how much better NFL Network is.

Easily the most annoying lockout cliche. Just because they're millionaires and billionaires doesn't mean their views on the future of their chosen industry are somehow less valid.

A relative few of the players are millionaires.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Eddie George is currently out of benefits since he is retired for five seasons. He played his a$$ off for nine years and got jack. Should that be OK via the NFL?

I get that benefits can be a huge issue, and that Eddie got banged up during his playing days -- but what's stopping him (or any ex-player) from starting a new career that offers benefits? Is he "too good" to go out and find a job in the real world?

6uXNWAo.png

So from what I hear Kevin Kolb is basically already on the Cardinals. Apparently he was working out with a few of them earlier this month. This might just be me but I really don't appreciate that. I understand that there is basically a zero percent chance that he stays with the Eagles. But that doesn't seem right to me.

Aren't you a Cowboys fan? Why would you care if Kevin Kolb stays "loyal" to the Eagles, who will promptly show "disloyalty" to him by trading him ASAP?

I think that it's sort of a d-bag move on his part.

To want to go to a team that will give him an opportunity to start?

Aren't you a Cowboys fan? Why would you care if Kevin Kolb stays "loyal" to the Eagles, who will promptly show "disloyalty" to him by trading him ASAP?

I think that it's sort of a d-bag move on his part.

To want to go to a team that will give him an opportunity to start?

No to basically ditch the team that he's currently with.

Archived