2011 NFL Offseason Thread

Cujo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure they just don't want to be wrong. Why make the top story on your website something that isn't 100%? When the deal is officially done (who knows if the players could reject it again) it'll be a top story. Cool your jets on the ESPN hate there cammy

Yeah but when every other network is reporting that it's done, and NFL Network has players on saying that they're happy to be back, I'd say it's pretty much done. Still they could at least say that they Owners and Players agreed on a deal.

Pretty sure they just don't want to be wrong. Why make the top story on your website something that isn't 100%? When the deal is officially done (who knows if the players could reject it again) it'll be a top story. Cool your jets on the ESPN hate there cammy

Yeah but when every other network is reporting that it's done, and NFL Network has players on saying that they're happy to be back, I'd say it's pretty much done. Still they could at least say that they Owners and Players agreed on a deal.

But it is not done and the ESPN reporters are just updating viewers on the current NFLPA meeting and giving us the potential timetable. The players who are talking to NFL Network have neither voted to reform the NFLPA nor have they voted on accepting the new CBA terms. The NFL Network is league owned, so they will sell that it is done and not have to report on Big XII media day, or the Pirates not getting swept by St. Louis.

Free Agency Day is going to be hilarious. Players will be changing teams every 5 minutes

Maybe the Bears will do something. There is talk they are eyeing Brad Smith............okay. make a splash like last year, Peppers was incredible. Go after Steve Smith or Sidney Rice. Not Brad Smith,

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

The Vikings are going to throw there all at Sidney Rice. Berrian is awful and is Percy ready to be the number one guy?

Hey, we'll take Berrian back. He was great in Chicago. he is a chucker's dream. Pretty big, pretty fast, pretty athletic. He can go get the ball. But he isnt a guy you want catching the majority of the balls or going across the middle. That's why he was good with Rex Grossman. Rex could chuck the ball pretty far and have some confidence Berrian would get it. Cutler is pretty similar. I would love a guy like that

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Its going to be interesting to see who lands where. The Buccaneers have to spend big bucks to reach salary floor and can become a real big contender if they can land aa big star or two.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I think the Packers will bring back James Jones. Cullen Jenkins I don't know, he may want to big a payday and Ted Thompson will do the right thing and walk away.

Trading gets underway tomorrow btw!!! Kolb, Orton. Your days are numbered in Philly and Denver.

Β 

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Β 

Free Agency Day is going to be hilarious. Players will be changing teams every 5 minutes

Maybe the Bears will do something. There is talk they are eyeing Brad Smith............okay. make a splash like last year, Peppers was incredible. Go after Steve Smith or Sidney Rice. Not Brad Smith,

As infuriating as it will be to watch Hester and Knox create interceptions by cutting off routes early and not fighting for the ball, I think DB might be a bigger need. The Bears are supposedly close to $30 mil under the new cap. I don't know what corners are on the market other than Asomugha, but they need a corner badly. Nnamdi might take up the majority of the cap room, so I am not expecting him. Still, a boy an dream.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Really hoping some dumba** team will take Reggie off the Saints' hands. In fact, the Bears can have Reggie and we'll take Brad Smith. Smith adds the ability to throw and is otherwise equal or better IMO. Oh, and best of all, no drama. At least that I know of. :D

If not, oh well...we'll get set for Reggie's sixth annual "breakout season." :cry:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

So...apparently, Mark and Mo-Mo got to (convince Ol' Man Glazer to) spend some dinero, eyh? My question is who they're going to spend this money on? I'm just curious whether any "big-name", or even half-a-name free agent will screw up the team's chemistry or not. I mean after all, this is a team full of sophomores and third-year guys--and Ronde Barber--that managed to go 10-6 last year with no less than twelve rookies starting at some point or other. Talk about trial by fire. That said, if Tampa holds true to form, I expect the money to be spent on defense--or, at least, that's what I'd personally prefer. The D-line already appears to look solid, depending on how Adrian Clayborn pans out. Defensive back is probably the biggest need...Lord knows they got plenty of receivers. It'll be interesting to see how this all shakes out...and if Kellen Winslow's any proof, "big-ego" guys can go down there, be productive, and also be quiet.

Either way, looks like them cannons finna be fired soon.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || BehanceΒ ||

Looks like it's time to roll them bones for the 'Hawks.

Priority #1: Resign Hasselbeck at all costs. (Not that I don't like Whitehurst... But, him as a team leader now? Not yet)

Priority #2: If Plaxico is out there, Get him. (A good wideout is so hard to find anyway)

Priority #3: Get some help in the Secondary... If they can, get Nnamdi.

Β 

A lot of speculation that is Hasselbeck is not resigned by the Hawks could go to Tennessee. Meaning that if Seattle loses out on Kolb or Orton, then T-Jack or Leinart would be a possibility.

Albeit. Seattle better try their hardest to get Hasselbeck re-signed.

Β 

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Β 

rexryanendoflockout.png

(Too bad Free Agency will more than likely be brutal for the Jets)

True, but keep in mind that players around the league want to play for Rex. I've ever heard rumbling that some would even take a pay-cut to play for Coach Ryan, and to be a part of a legit Super Bowl contender.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived