2011 NFL Offseason Thread

Cujo

So...apparently, Mark and Mo-Mo got to (convince Ol' Man Glazer to) spend some dinero, eyh? My question is who they're going to spend this money on? I'm just curious whether any "big-name", or even half-a-name free agent will screw up the team's chemistry or not. I mean after all, this is a team full of sophomores and third-year guys--and Ronde Barber--that managed to go 10-6 last year with no less than twelve rookies starting at some point or other. Talk about trial by fire. That said, if Tampa holds true to form, I expect the money to be spent on defense--or, at least, that's what I'd personally prefer. The D-line already appears to look solid, depending on how Adrian Clayborn pans out. Defensive back is probably the biggest need...Lord knows they got plenty of receivers. It'll be interesting to see how this all shakes out...and if Kellen Winslow's any proof, "big-ego" guys can go down there, be productive, and also be quiet.

Either way, looks like them cannons finna be fired soon.

I wouldnt mind Nnamdi Asomugha, but I trust any decision made my Mark Dominik and crew.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd LOVE to have Asomugha holding down one of the corners--and it ain't like the Bucs and Raiders haven't done business before--but will Ol' Man Glazer sign off on that? That's the question. (He got to spend money anyways...hope he does so on someone worth spending money on.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

AJ, please actually spend money for once and sign Nnamdi.

Who am I kidding? He'll sit and twiddle his thumbs during free agency like he does every year. We'll probably get a third-string long snapper at most.

There were rumors of Steve Smith going to you guys

earlier this year. You're team needs to figure out how to show up against subpar teams in December if anything(Remember Raiders and Bengals)

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

"The Baltimore Ravens have told running back Willis McGahee and tight end Todd Heap they will be released when the league calendar permits it, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter."

I can understand McGahee but Heap was a big surprise to me. :shocked: I guess ten years is too many

baltimoreravens.png

Jets Free Agents

FB Tony Richardson

DE Trevor Pryce

DE Shaun Ellis

WR Braylon Edwards

OL Wayne Hunter

S Brodney Pool

QB Kellen Clemens

CB Drew Coleman

CB Antonio Cromartie

WR Santonio Holmes

LB Lance Laury

WR Brad Smith

S Eric Smith

P Steve Weatherford

PK Nick Folk

S James Ihedigbo

Must keep is Holmes and Edwards.

Jets Free Agents

FB Tony Richardson

DE Trevor Pryce

DE Shaun Ellis

WR Braylon Edwards

OL Wayne Hunter

S Brodney Pool

QB Kellen Clemens

CB Drew Coleman

CB Antonio Cromartie

WR Santonio Holmes

LB Lance Laury

WR Brad Smith

S Eric Smith

P Steve Weatherford

PK Nick Folk

S James Ihedigbo

Realistically. You can't have both, I'd be amazed to see both return. Remember we have a cap again, how much do the Jets roughly have in space?

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Hmmm... I would love to see Seattle snatch up Holmes, but he will probably be worth way too much to sign.

Skins are going to probably give him a blank check :mad:

BTW, Who is Seattle's QB? If Hasselbeck isn;t back. That could be a big roadblock for any WR to sign with the Seahawks.

Jets Free Agents

FB Tony Richardson

DE Trevor Pryce

DE Shaun Ellis

WR Braylon Edwards

OL Wayne Hunter

S Brodney Pool

QB Kellen Clemens

CB Drew Coleman

CB Antonio Cromartie

WR Santonio Holmes

LB Lance Laury

WR Brad Smith

S Eric Smith

P Steve Weatherford

PK Nick Folk

S James Ihedigbo

Realistically. You can't have both, I'd be amazed to see both return. Remember we have a cap again, how much do the Jets roughly have in space?

It is very much realistic. Signing Holmes, Edwards, and Cromartie likely isn't

Jets Free Agents

FB Tony Richardson

DE Trevor Pryce

DE Shaun Ellis

WR Braylon Edwards

OL Wayne Hunter

S Brodney Pool

QB Kellen Clemens

CB Drew Coleman

CB Antonio Cromartie

WR Santonio Holmes

LB Lance Laury

WR Brad Smith

S Eric Smith

P Steve Weatherford

PK Nick Folk

S James Ihedigbo

I'd say keep Holmes, dump Edwards. No way the Jets are gonna get both. I'm not so sure if I want the Jets to keep Cromartie or not.. when he was good he was lights out, when he had a bad day it was long ball after long ball. I'd rather see the Jets keep most of the defense intact considering it's going to be a salary crunch and sign one of the wide receivers (or two if Smith wouldn't hurt the cap so much) for the offense

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

The Vikings are going to throw there all at Sidney Rice. Berrian is awful and is Percy ready to be the number one guy?

Hey, the Rams have a salary floor they need to hit. Bidding war time.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Jets Free Agents

FB Tony Richardson

DE Trevor Pryce

DE Shaun Ellis

WR Braylon Edwards

OL Wayne Hunter

S Brodney Pool

QB Kellen Clemens

CB Drew Coleman

CB Antonio Cromartie

WR Santonio Holmes

LB Lance Laury

WR Brad Smith

S Eric Smith

P Steve Weatherford

PK Nick Folk

S James Ihedigbo

I'd say keep Holmes, dump Edwards. No way the Jets are gonna get both. I'm not so sure if I want the Jets to keep Cromartie or not.. when he was good he was lights out, when he had a bad day it was long ball after long ball. I'd rather see the Jets keep most of the defense intact considering it's going to be a salary crunch and sign one of the wide receivers (or two if Smith wouldn't hurt the cap so much) for the offense

It's been stated by the Jets that Santonio Holmes is at the top of their list, so chances are he will be back. Cro has pretty much dug his own grave with the Jets, and is a good as gone. So Edwards is the only real "question mark" out of NYJ's top three free agents. If Braylon does leave, I'm confident that Jericho Cothcery can step it up as a #2 WR, as he has before. And if the Jets feel that they really need another weapon, we've all heard the Randy Moss rumors this off-season....

6uXNWAo.png

Hmmm... I would love to see Seattle snatch up Holmes, but he will probably be worth way too much to sign.

BTW, Who is Seattle's QB? If Hasselbeck isn;t back. That could be a big roadblock for any WR to sign with the Seahawks.

Charlie Whitehurst and Tavaris Jackson from what I hear

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Marc Bulger

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Jets Free Agents

FB Tony Richardson

DE Trevor Pryce

DE Shaun Ellis

WR Braylon Edwards

OL Wayne Hunter

S Brodney Pool

QB Kellen Clemens

CB Drew Coleman

CB Antonio Cromartie

WR Santonio Holmes

LB Lance Laury

WR Brad Smith

S Eric Smith

P Steve Weatherford

PK Nick Folk

S James Ihedigbo

It's been stated by the Jets that Santonio Holmes is at the top of their list, so chances are he will be back. Cro has pretty much dug his own grave with the Jets, and is a good as gone. So Edwards is the only real "question mark" out of NYJ's top three free agents. If Braylon does leave, I'm confident that Jericho Cothcery can step it up as a #2 WR, as he has before. And if the Jets feel that they really need another weapon, we've all heard the Randy Moss rumors this off-season....

If we can't keep both Holmes and Edwards, I'll take Holmes and Plaxico. Cotchery is the perfect #3, slot guy.

4 game win streak - check

Stafford healthy - check

Insane DLine - check

Lockout over - check

Jonathon Joesph singed -

Wild Card -

Super Bowl -

Let's see Lions, let's see.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Back to the Jets for a moment. ESPN's Chris Mortensen just filed this on Twitter:

Word is Nnamdi might take ittle less money to go to a team like Jets...start his Broadway acting lessons for post-career

Forget Cromartie -- Get this guy!!

6uXNWAo.png

Archived