2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

black socks with white cleats looks terrible

I agree, but what is the generally accepted aesthetic choice? Should the socks match the shoes or the pants?

Shoes. Both these examples look better than that South Carolina shot:

q17mA.jpg

2aWUM.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aside from the grey and black elements this is a very nice look.

This. It's a simple look that works extremely well. If the black and silver were relegated to just trim, it would be perfect.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I think we will see something close to that, although I doubt if they'll use the grey and black Pistol Pete head from the Cowboys 4Ever promotion two years back. In fact, on seaoforange.com, the author says that those are his mock-ups. And on the use of black, it is an official school color and I'm glad they are beginning to use it more. When people see our current uniforms with the overuse of white, many people don't even know that orange and black are the only official school colors. But I think we will see something like what is posted above. Many of the football players posted the pictures in the link below on their facebook profiles.

Oklahoma State Uniforms

I really don't think South Carolina looks that awful. But maybe that's just because they look better than what they were previously using. Kind of like how Arkansas only looks kind of good because of how horrendous their previous set was.

I wish someone could explain what the hell was wrong with this classic set

p1_mcfadden3.jpg

Trying to hard for a retor look they never wore. had they worn those in the past it would've been fine, but they didn't (as far as I know).

I really don't think South Carolina looks that awful. But maybe that's just because they look better than what they were previously using. Kind of like how Arkansas only looks kind of good because of how horrendous their previous set was.

p1_mcfadden3.jpg

Trying to hard for a retor look they never wore. had they worn those in the past it would've been fine, but they didn't (as far as I know).

No wordmark on the chest, but not exactly wildly different.

ua1964.jpg

I agree, but what is the generally accepted aesthetic choice? Should the socks match the shoes or the pants?

Shoes. Both these examples look better than that South Carolina shot:

Black socks with black shoes: ok

White socks with white shoes: ok

White socks with black shoes: ok

Black socks with white shoes: fashion mishap

I'm generally a believer in shoes and socks should match the pants as well, though not on all occassions.

Go Cougs.

Aside from the grey and black elements this is a very nice look.

This. It's a simple look that works extremely well. If the black and silver were relegated to just trim, it would be perfect.

I agree about the grey, but I like the idea of OK State doing a blackout against Texas or Oklahoma. The graphite color just doesn't make sense.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

p1_mcfadden3.jpg

ua1964.jpg

And no contrast colors on the shirt neck and armholes (def. a 90s thing). Not the same uniform at all. If they wanted to go throwback, do it right.

Adidas fitting A&M with the same style of gloves that NEB and ND were showing off a few weeks ago.

x2_7296d26.jpg

ANd they look just as terrible. What's with the little grey logos? Adidas isn't even good at copying Nike.

Adidas fitting A&M with the same style of gloves that NEB and ND were showing off a few weeks ago.

x2_7296d26.jpg

These gloves just give the players a reason to gesture toward the stands and a reason for the refs to throw a flag.

x2_7296d26.jpg

These gloves just give the players a reason to gesture toward the stands and a reason for the refs to throw a flag.

FWIW: http://www.newsok.com/tramel-football-officials-told-to-cool-it-on-celebration-calls/article/3584761?custom_click=lead_story_title

p1_mcfadden3.jpg

ua1964.jpg

And no contrast colors on the shirt neck and armholes (def. a 90s thing). Not the same uniform at all. If they wanted to go throwback, do it right.

They weren't "going throwback" though. Arkansas has typically worn pretty simple uniforms with some aberrations in between and in the last few years.

p1_mcfadden3.jpg

ua1964.jpg

They weren't "going throwback" though. Arkansas has typically worn pretty simple uniforms with some aberrations in between and in the last few years.

They've had way too many aberrations and IMO a throwback look like that works best when you have consitently worn it with only minor changes or you come close to replicating it exactly. They did niether with this uniform, so I don't think it works. Get rid of the uniform top trim and it works much better IMO.

I generally liek it when the socls match the cleats, but I really like white socks with black cleats with white trim, like Alabama and USC

trent-richardson.193-650.jpg

mattbarkley.jpg

I generally liek it when the socls match the cleats, but I really like white socks with black cleats with white trim, like Alabama and USC

Here is the simple solution to solve the sock-shoe issue:

Athletics = white socks

Accounting = black socks

There, problem solved. You wear white socks when playing a sport and black socks when itemizing your deductions. End of story.

Archived