2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

Russell is awful. They crap out three or four goofy proprietary templates, and there's your choices. Sure, we can make something custom for your program! We can do these four templates in any color you want!

And that damned custom font. Yes, Russell only has one, and I swear more than half of the Arena League uses it now.

They did make the best baseball jerseys though =)

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only good thing I've seen from Russell are Ohio's shoulder stripes.

ohiobobcats1.jpg

But based on TeamBuilder, it doesn't look like Western Kentucky (now using shoulder stripes) got quite the same treatment.

I really liked that jersey style for Georgia Tech in 2009 when their colors were better, and the gold numbers are a fun move, but unless the school drops navy blue as an accent all together there is no reason not to use it as the base number color since it seems more visible.

idk...let's see how these look on the field. Clemson does orange road numbers...Tech's gold might not be as hard to as people complain about, especially in the high definition age.

I really liked that jersey style for Georgia Tech in 2009 when their colors were better, and the gold numbers are a fun move, but unless the school drops navy blue as an accent all together there is no reason not to use it as the base number color since it seems more visible.

idk...let's see how these look on the field. Clemson does orange road numbers...Tech's gold might not be as hard to as people complain about, especially in the high definition age.

If gold numbers are too hard to read, then people need to stop clamoring for the Raiders silver numbered throwbacks. I've never gotten the appeal of those things.

Anyone else think Georgia Tech might be wearing the gold numbers for home games, and wear the same style uniform with the blue numbers (from 2009) for road games? Kind of the same concept as the gold cuffs/side panels vs navy cuffs/side panels.

Also, didnt someone say Miami was getting new uniforms? Looks like that didnt happen according to the picture ramblinggamblingtiger posted.

Rhode Island updated their helmets and unis.

6727602.jpeg

from these they used since 2008 Rhode_Island.gif

cant find the unis yet.

That is a great helmet. The matte perfects it.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Russell is awful. They crap out three or four goofy proprietary templates, and there's your choices. Sure, we can make something custom for your program! We can do these four templates in any color you want!

And that damned custom font. Yes, Russell only has one, and I swear more than half of the Arena League uses it now.

They did make the best baseball jerseys though =)

they ruined the awesome old Chicago Rush fonts

spacer.png

spacer.png

Sadly, until they dump cheap-ass Russell, no, GT is not "better than that".

This was always their best look IMO:

CalvinJohnson.jpg

no way...those are way too timeless so that means a total recruiting disadvantage...the bastardized miami '00 templatte is far superior since it falls under the modern design category :wacko:

This is the only good uniform set to come out of Russell in at least the past five years:

large.jpg

And even that is ruined by the atrocious Russell font.

thats the csu uniform in navy and orange...boy does russell suck at design

I'll take bunch of stupid S's on the side over the pubic hairs on CSU's jerseys.

This is the only good uniform set to come out of Russell in at least the past five years:

large.jpg

thats the csu uniform in navy and orange...boy does russell suck at design

Fair enough, but that template looks better with the S logos and the Shock's color scheme.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

large.jpg

Really? I love Ohio's set.

The obvious question hasn't been answered. Did Gene Simmons tongue shrink? (bow)

PersonDivided-2-1.png

Archived