Gridiron Outside of the US

fumbler

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don't follow gridiron much these days, but I did think about trying out for my university team before I realised they trained first thing sunday mornings and I'd be way too hungover... Hertfordshire Hurricanes

I used to follow the London/England Monarchs, travelled to London to see them a couple of times a season and caught the games in Birmingham when they became a regional team. First NFL game I ever saw was the 1987 American Bowl, Rams vs. Broncos.

Don't follow gridiron much these days, but I did think about trying out for my university team before I realised they trained first thing sunday mornings and I'd be way too hungover... Hertfordshire Hurricanes

My game against them with the Phantoms was somewhat memorable. Partly because it was my last before I quietly left the team, but mainly because the Hurricanes were so good that me, a rookie, got no playing time at all, so I was standing around doing nothing for the whole duration of the game, and we lost 52-0. :lol:

The way the Phantoms were run was a bit unorthodox. Since Anglia Ruskin is a multi-campus University - one in Chelmsford and the other in Cambridge - we essentially had half the team on one campus training on offence, and the other on defence. For us on the Chelmsford campus, the offence players, we always had to drive all the way up to Cambridge for both our weekly practice, and home games. And because of the trek every home game felt more like an away game.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Here's the entire list (As of last October anyway) of the Gridiron teams in Europe.

http://americanfootballeurope.com/

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Here's the entire list (As of last October anyway) of the Gridiron teams in Europe.

http://americanfootballeurope.com/

Wow i am gob smacked i did not realise that there was so many American Football (Gridiron) clubs in the world let alone just Europe.

Are these Amatuer Semi proffesional clubs?

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

This is cool. I always wondered what Aussies and Brits referred to American football as.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

OSKEE-WEE-WEE!

Hamilton Tiger Cats FTW!

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

This is cool. I always wondered what Aussies and Brits referred to American football as.

Not sure what the Brits call it but us Aussies and Kiwis call it Gridiron.

Grid for the "Grid" like playing field and iron for the Helmet face.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Not sure what the Brits call it but us Aussies and Kiwis call it Gridiron.

Grid for the "Grid" like playing field and iron for the Helmet face.

Actually my understanding is that it's Gridiron because the field looks like a gridiron. (or griddle pan).

In the UK it's either American Football or Gridiron, depending on how formal you want to be.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I'm from the states, but we have this channel here in Utah that occasionally picks up CFL games. For some reason, they always televised Saskatchewan Roughriders games, so I became a fan of them. By no means am I a fan on the same level as someone actually from Saskatchewan or who grew up a Riders fan or anything, but I do support them.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I follow the Perth Blitz but only cos their ground is a couple of minutes away from where I live. My preference may change next year when i start playing youth football (so exicited) and i don't think they have a youth team. As for the CFL i go for the BC Lions

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

• 1 month later...

I follow the Perth Blitz but only cos their ground is a couple of minutes away from where I live. My preference may change next year when i start playing youth football (so exicited) and i don't think they have a youth team. As for the CFL i go for the BC Lions

Nice i have played against the Blitz (Chargers) Western Champs, way back when i played for the Ranges (Cowboys) Eastern Champs for the Australian Championships before they bought the state games in they had a Club Championship the winners of the respactive leagues played off to win the overall Champ game.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Archived