Houston Dynamo Stadium

BigMac12

It should be pretty cool. It's going to be just outside downtown, on the opposite side of the freeway from Minute Maid Park, so it will be able to use it's parking lots. They were trying to break ground last month, so they can have it ready for the 2012 season. The Dynamo have a pretty solid fanbase, so a soccer specific stadium at that location will probably make for a nice atmosphere.

It should be pretty cool. It's going to be just outside downtown, on the opposite side of the freeway from Minute Maid Park, so it will be able to use it's parking lots. They were trying to break ground last month, so they can have it ready for the 2012 season. The Dynamo have a pretty solid fanbase, so a soccer specific stadium at that location will probably make for a nice atmosphere.

Agreed. They're one of the more well-supported teams in MLS and average 17,300+, so them moving into a 22,000 seat stadium with the potential to draw even more fans with the allure of a SSS & the atmosphere that comes with it is a good move.

Here's a link showing how they've been marketing the new stadium as of late. I think fans in the Houston area have good reason to be excited, sounds like this is gonna turn out to be a nice stadium.

Capactity? It looks a lot larger than they'll ever need.

According to the Dynamo, the stadium will hold 22,000, which an expanded capacity to 30,000.

That's a lot of tity in the stands. ^_^

But it's great to see one of the most prestigious Western Eastern Conference Clubs get a spiffy stadium to call their own. You better be taking notes, D.C. United!

According to the Dynamo, the stadium will hold 22,000, which an expanded capacity to 30,000.

But it's great to see one of the most prestigious Western Eastern Conference Clubs get a spiffy stadium to call their own. You better be taking notes, D.C. United!

Prestigious? Lets let them hit 10 years in the league before we start tossing out the big P word. Still nice stadium that has been a long time coming. Also pretty unique...

It will still be a shared facility as Texas Southern will play their home games there.

Prestigious? Lets let them hit 10 years in the league before we start tossing out the big P word. Still nice stadium that has been a long time coming. Also pretty unique...

The club that moved to Houston did win two titles in San Jose. (And yes, I'm aware that Houston was considered an expansion team as there is a second club in San Jose).

I have mixed feelings about the design. On one hand, the exterior is kinda funky, modern and unusual, but since it's transparent, you then quickly notice that the rest of the stadium is made up of simple, boring metal rafters, including the uninspired partial roofs over the upper decks which look like they belong in a small town stadium in Soviet Russia.

The club that moved to Houston did win two titles in San Jose. (And yes, I'm aware that Houston was considered an expansion team as there is a second club in San Jose).

Well if you want to get technical the team that currently plays in San Jose is the team that won two championships in 2001 and 3. Though to Houston's credit they've of course already won two themselves.

I'm sure the mesh on the outside will probably not be fully transparent, that it's there to let you see behind the mesh. It is rather strange to see them placed in the East this year, but when Montreal joins next year, they'll probably slide back over to the Western Conference

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I have mixed feelings about the design. On one hand, the exterior is kinda funky, modern and unusual, but since it's transparent, you then quickly notice that the rest of the stadium is made up of simple, boring metal rafters, including the uninspired partial roofs over the upper decks which look like they belong in a small town stadium in Soviet Russia.

In Soviet Russia, soccer plays you.

So imagine a hockey or basketball crowd, but stretched out quite a bit. That's not really a lot of rows. I think the images make it seem bigger than it really will be.

Regardless, nothing wrong with a more intimate setting for a game.

So imagine a hockey or basketball crowd, but stretched out quite a bit. That's not really a lot of rows. I think the images make it seem bigger than it really will be.

Unless I'm forgetting one, this will be the 2nd biggest SSS in the league behind Red Bull Arena (25,000).

sig_gai.png

warriorbannerssmall.png

Unless I'm forgetting one, this will be the 2nd biggest SSS in the league behind Red Bull Arena (25,000).

Third. Home Depot Center holds 27,000 in LA (Carson).

Archived