Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion, I think the uniforms look just amazing. I know everyone wanted a little bit different product, but at least these are waaaaay better than the monochrome look they had before. My only complaint is the thin navy stripe around the numbers. I just thought they were ditching the navy completely and keeping only royal and red. All in all though, I am a big fan of the Bills' new look.

Not true. Numbers on the replicas are different sizes. Front numbers are smaller.

You couldn't be MORE incorrect, it's the authentic jerseys where the sizing of the player numbers are smaller in front.

I own both authentic and replica versions from different seasons.

It's the replica jerseys that Reebok uses the same size jersey numbers on BOTH front & back ....

On the authentic jerseys the stitched on numbers are a bit smaller in the front compared to the back. I've spoken to personnel from Reebok, and a credible NFL source who verified the difference.

and no .......... I don't buy my jerseys from China vendors. :grin:

Right now I'm more concerned with where the freakin' blue pants are :cry:

I still think the red helmets are better. They should've went with the 90's uniforms.

The novelty of the red helmet hit its sell-by date a long long time ago. The Bison stands out better on the white helmet.

I like the way they've perfected the decal to the roundness of the helmet, something it really lacked from '74-'81, and even when they increased the size of it in '82. IMO this isn't something you can appreciate on the red helmet.

2011-Buffalo-Bills-Authentic-Helmet.jpg

Not true. Numbers on the replicas are different sizes. Front numbers are smaller.

You couldn't be MORE incorrect, it's the authentic jerseys where the sizing of the player numbers are smaller in front.

I own both authentic and replica versions from different seasons.

It's the replica jerseys that Reebok uses the same size jersey numbers on BOTH front & back ....

I have three replica jerseys, made by Reebok, where the front numbers are smaller than the back numbers.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Dammit, Buffalo. Once again, a Buffalo team badly botches what should very simple rebrandings going back to classic looks. We will see how the widened helmet stripe turns out (but I imagine if it's significant enough to be noticeable, it will be bad). The sleeve stripes are terrible. It has the unnecessary wordmark under collar and ridiculously unnecessary logo on the back of the neck, both of which detract from the overall look. The socks worn with the white jersey are bad. Instead of matching the socks to the jersey stripes like with the blue jersey, they took the same blue socks and added a white stripe to the top, making it look like they took a portion off the blue socks and sewed it onto white ones. That is just bad. Possibly my biggest problem is the ridiculous neck stripes. There is NO reason at all these jerseys couldn't have a traditional collar. Instead, Reebok had to add the horrendous disjointed tapered collar like they gave the Chargers and a bunch of NHL teams. It doesn't go with the otherwise traditional look. If they had to use this silly collar, it should have matched the jersey. If they wanted to show off the collar stripes, use a normal collar. So basically, they messed up a whole bunch of little details. Sure, it's better than their previous set, but still a disappointment.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I'm a bit underwhelmed, honestly. They're okay, but way too safe. I think the Bills should have gone modern.

They tried this. It ended poorly.

If by "poorly" you mean the worst uniform disaster in NFL history* then I agree. B)

On topic, it's certainly an improvement** but I think they fell a little short of what they could have done. It's good. It fell short of great. Still a major improvement.

*Super Bowl history of course, because we all know the NFL didn't really exist before Super Bowl I.

**I'm not sure a downgrade was possible.

BB52Big.jpg

They do!! The new uniform kit has blue pants. Whether or not they wear them is another story, but they exist.

Hopefully they don't end up like the Jaguars' teal pants.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm a bit underwhelmed, honestly. They're okay, but way too safe. I think the Bills should have gone modern.

They tried this. It ended poorly.

Their old look wasn't purely modern. It was a weird mishmash of modern, classic, and hockey - hence why it ended poorly.

In the context of football uniform design it was "modern." In many ways the previous Bills uniform pioneered what we consider "modern" in the realm of football design: coloured pannels, piping, aditional, unnecessary colours, it was all there.

As for the Bills in general, no, they should not have a modern look. The Bills are an AFC/AFL legacy team, a small town, traditional, northern franchise. Their uniforms should reflect this.

Just noticed two more bad elements. The navy outline on white jersey's numbers (because I still can't tell if there is a navy outline on the blue's numbers). If they HAD to add navy, it should have only been on the stripes. Secondly, the logo on the hip, over a :censored:ing traditional striping patter, might just be the worst element of this design. Who the hell thought a hip logo was a good idea?

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Definitely an upgrade, but I shouldn't even have to say that. I like how they turned out. I'm indifferent on the navy. It wasn't necessary, but I don't think it looks bad. I really like the white helmet, it would be perfect with a blue facemask. I just don't understand why they wouldn't unveil the blue pants with tonight.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived