Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

Keep trying what? I'm not trying to troll at all, I genuinely like that Browns uniform. The sleeve stripes aren't as obnoxiously-huge as the current uniform and there's a better balance of brown and orange.

You know - I'm with you on that. I liked those better as well.

*ducking*

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So here's a qusetion. I think its safe to say that for the past decade or so, the Bills were the unrivaled answer for 99% of the CCSLC community to the "worst uniform in the NFL" question. Like it or hate it, I believe this update at least takes them out of the running.

So... who is it now?

We were just debating that in this very thread a few pages back, as it turns out. My vote goes to the Patriots' current set. Dreary-looking, overpiped, weird and ugly shoulder striping, side panels that don't match the pants stripe, inconsistent socks, nearly-unreadable custom font... the Patriots' uniforms are a complete mess and represent every bad trend of early-2000's uniform design. Plus, the colors are too dark, especially that shade of navy.

The Bengals with their ugly side panels, boring custom font, and weird pants stripes are a close second.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

So here's a qusetion. I think its safe to say that for the past decade or so, the Bills were the unrivaled answer for 99% of the CCSLC community to the "worst uniform in the NFL" question. Like it or hate it, I believe this update at least takes them out of the running.

So... who is it now?

This is def an improvement and it amazes me that people still find ways to cry about the Bills new look.

"New worst uniforms in the NFL"

1. Vikings

2. Falcons

3. Chargers

4. Jaguars

5. Cardinals

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

So... who is it now?

As Lights Out said, we were on this a couple of pages back. Personally, I am not a great fan of the Vikings' update. The Falcons outfit doesn't do much for me, and the Bengals weird under panels spoil a potentially great set.

Whilst I would prefer the Patriots in something a bit more 'classic', preferably red (I know, I know!) actually I think the current set has seen enough of the good days in Pats history to be a recognisably 'Patriots' uniform, and to me, thats a big factor.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

So... who is it now?

As Lights Out said, we were on this a couple of pages back. Personally, I am not a great fan of the Vikings' update. The Falcons outfit doesn't do much for me, and the Bengals weird under panels spoil a potentially great set.

Whilst I would prefer the Patriots in something a bit more 'classic', preferably red (I know, I know!) actually I think the current set has seen enough of the good days in Pats history to be a recognisably 'Patriots' uniform, and to me, thats a big factor.

I must have missed it when the talk started.

Since I asked, I guess I should answer for myself. I can see why someone would pick my Vikes' current look... I certainly can't argue that it's good. However, I'd keep them out of the bottom 5 just based on color scheme (which I love) and helmet (which I think is the best in football, although I admit to being completely biased on that).

The Bengals suck (although they also have an awesome helmet), the Falcons make me very sad when I compare it to their unbelievably beautiful throwbacks, the Eagles' colors are a mess (depressingly dark green and... what, 3 or 4 shades of gray/silver?), and the Seahawks' multiple blues that you can barely tell apart and baffling decision to go monochrome, all make good canidates.

But the worst?

Gotta be the Jaguars. Just a complete black hole of dullness. What's to like? It isn't even interesting enough to be offensive.

What's frustrating about the Jaguars' set is, they COULD have one of the best uniform sets in football if they just make some tweaks - gold trim, gold pants, and teal numbers on the road. As it stands now, they have the same problem as the Giants - a different primary color on the road than at home.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

What's this, the third or fourth time this has turned into the "What the hell was nuordr thinking" thread?

Fixed that for ya. You're welcome.

He was thinking that he likes NFL teams to modernize every so often. I know most people hated the previous Bills uniforms, but I give them props for thinking outside the box and going with a new design. I loved their uniforms just like I like their classic uniforms...but the key word being classic. I believe it is fine for teams to have alternate uniforms or classic designs, but for goodness sake, this is 2011! Modernize already! I hate when teams go back into history to find a uniform. The 49ers did this recently and I believe their "new" "old" look is horrible. I also feel these teams are need of a change:

Cleveland Browns (put a logo on the helmet already)

Kansas City Chiefs

Miami Dolphins

Indianapolis Colts

Jacksonville Jaguars (one of the worst changes ever)

St. Louis Rams (I hate the blue pants)

Dallas Cowboys (Technology has advanced for your uniform to have matching blue tones)

New York Giants

New York Jets

Carolina Panthers (I like the uniform, but I believe it needs an update)

Oakland Raiders (would love to see some black pants)

spacer.png

The Jaguars re-designed with the modern uniform template in mind, and came up with a design that doesn't fit on the modern uniform template. They win.

Also, even if it fit in the template, it would still be six different varieties of ass-ugly.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Keep trying what? I'm not trying to troll at all, I genuinely like that Browns uniform. The sleeve stripes aren't as obnoxiously-huge as the current uniform and there's a better balance of brown and orange.

You know - I'm with you on that. I liked those better as well.

*ducking*

7690.15.jpg

Best uniform ever worn by the Browns. Their current alternate needs to become their primary.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

So... who is it now?

This is def an improvement and it amazes me that people still find ways to cry about the Bills new look.

"New worst uniforms in the NFL"

1. Vikings

2. Falcons

3. Chargers

4. Jaguars

5. Cardinals

Really? I love every team on this list except for the Jaguars. I own a jersey of each team.

My list would be:

1. San Francisco 49ers

2. Buffalo Bills (I do love the helmet)

3. Tennessee Titans (Dark Blue on Baby Blue)

spacer.png

So... who is it now?

Improving from the previous uniforms and finding things wrong about a new look are not mutually exclusive. Especially when the previous set was the unanimous "worst uniform in the NFL", pretty much anything will be an improvement. I think most of the critiques of these uniforms are fair, especially considering the overreacting that always takes place here when a new uniform is unveiled.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Put this logo on the helmet and it would be sweet

Why must the Browns put a logo on their helmet? Besides a few eras where they've had numbers on the helmet, the Browns have never had a logo and that makes them unique. Why ruin tradition without a worthy cause?

BTW, that "B" logo is currently for their women's clothing line only.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

The Seahawks are a good shout for a contender actually.

Notice how many of these contenders are from the modern look school of NFL uniforms!

The Seahawks have great uni's and possibly one of the best when worn with the right combination.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Put this logo on the helmet and it would be sweet

Why must the Browns put a logo on their helmet? Besides a few eras where they've had numbers on the helmet, the Browns have never had a logo and that makes them unique. Why ruin tradition without a worthy cause?

BTW, that "B" logo is currently for their women's clothing line only.

I have been a Browns fan for 25 years and the tradition ended in 1995 when the team moved to Baltimore. Sure they are still called the Browns, but IMO this team is no where close to that tradition. I thought when they came back in 1999 they should have updated their logo then.

spacer.png

Archived