Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

A poster mentioned this a few pages back, but my main problem with the Navy is that it appears to show up in varying amounts on different jerseys. I'm not sure if the "1"s on all the #11 jerseys don't show a lot of navy trim, or its just a matter of difference between the replicas and authentics, but I think these jerseys just look silly..almost like a high school uniform. Their reasoning was that "a lot of fans really liked the navy era and they wanted to keep it around for them".

Also please please wear blue pants. That would be so much better.

263162_10150289473415659_72631215658_9666479_3015350_n.jpg

So let me get this straight.... the thicker navy outline is on the REPLICAS, and the barely noticeable navy outline is on the authentics? Or is it the opposite? I don't think it should be as thick as pictured here, looks amateur-ish, but I wish it was a little thicker than the outlines seen on the military jersey models at the unveiling, that's too thin IMO.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I'm glad the Bills got rid of the Blue Man Group horrors, I'm bummed they didn't bring back the blue pants to wear with the white jersey. Is it possible they could still bring it out? AFAIK, the NFL doesn't have strict rules about pants. Didn't the Titans not show their navy blue pants when their unis were introduced in '99?

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

A poster mentioned this a few pages back, but my main problem with the Navy is that it appears to show up in varying amounts on different jerseys. I'm not sure if the "1"s on all the #11 jerseys don't show a lot of navy trim, or its just a matter of difference between the replicas and authentics, but I think these jerseys just look silly..almost like a high school uniform. Their reasoning was that "a lot of fans really liked the navy era and they wanted to keep it around for them".

So let me get this straight.... the thicker navy outline is on the REPLICAS, and the barely noticeable navy outline is on the authentics? Or is it the opposite? I don't think it should be as thick as pictured here, looks amateur-ish, but I wish it was a little thicker than the outlines seen on the military jersey models at the unveiling, that's too thin IMO.

Those ARE the authentics in that picture. There's a huge difference between the $200+ authentics and the on-field jerseys that are not for sale.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

While I'm glad the Bills got rid of the Blue Man Group horrors, I'm bummed they didn't bring back the blue pants to wear with the white jersey. Is it possible they could still bring it out? AFAIK, the NFL doesn't have strict rules about pants. Didn't the Titans not show their navy blue pants when their unis were introduced in '99?

I mean, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to add to the set, like, the Redskins broke out yellow pants last year that greatly improved their set IMO, the Bills breaking out blue pants at some point wouldn't be out of the question and I think it'd improve this new look as well.

Edit: @johnnyseoul so they showed off the replicas at the official unveiling? weird...

I mean, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to add to the set, like, the Redskins broke out yellow pants last year that greatly improved their set IMO, the Bills breaking out blue pants at some point wouldn't be out of the question and I think it'd improve this new look as well.

Edit: @johnnyseoul so they showed off the replicas at the official unveiling? weird...

No. The military members were wearing the on-field jerseys which are never for retail sale and Jim Kelly and the rest were wearing the retail authentics which normally go for at least $200. I didn't see any replicas at the unveiling, only in their official online shop.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

@Infrared: No, but his idea sucks because he used an awful template for it. Generally, though, TeamBuilder isn't the best way to showcase your ideas because you're locked into a few select generic templates. If none of them work for whatever team you're making, you're SOL.

@JohnnySeoul: That's only inarguable if you're delusional. No matter how hard the NFL tries to retcon the embarrassing Browns saga out of its history, the fact remains that the old Browns are now the Ravens, and the new Browns are an expansion team.

This isn't that hard to understand. A franchise can move. The history of what that franchise did while in that city stays there always. Therefore, the current Browns are connected to all that Browns history for the simple fact that they are called the Browns. Sure, all the Winnipeg Jets statistical history lies with the Phoenix franchise, but the spirit of the team and everything it did while in Winnipeg remains with the city, and the new team is inherently connected to that because they are called the Jets.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

It's just unnecessary and borders on gimmicky. Just because the red streak in the logo widens doesn't mean you have look for a place to emulate it.

So by that thinking, shouldn't the pant stripes widen too? It's as if they're looking for things to re-design, a reason to do it and or yet another

"signature" element. How about just design a classic uniform, a new benchmark for the league and have that be your signature element. That would be a novel idea.

Wouldn't it be great if the sports merchandising industry was sane enough to share this vision? I'm sure you know from experience to a degree, but when you move from concept dreamland to real world sports design, you die a little each day because of how much the influence of marketing and merchandising rules the world of sports design. It's almost impossible to get a green light on a classic uniform that serves as a new benchmark for the league.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Is it me or do NFL uniform discussions bring out the dumbest and worst posters?

Especially when someone likes the 1984 Browns uni's and/or wants to place the woman's "B" on their helmet. Painful.........

Or people who want every NFL team to look like they did in 1965.

Especially when someone likes the 1984 Browns uni's and/or wants to place the woman's "B" on their helmet. Painful.........

Depends. Mid-western teams and their fans prefer a more traditional look. So I suppose it's regional.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

The NFL seems a world in which uniform tradition counts more than in most other leagues, and where a team has a traditional look, it seems a pity to have binned it. (I'm thinking of the Broncos and Patriots especially here). However once a team has moved onto a new identity and maintained that for a while, change seems less necessary. There are several team uniforms that show a modern uniform can be done well (Houston, Carolina, personally I think the Titans, even the Broncos).

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Those ARE the authentics in that picture. There's a huge difference between the $200+ authentics and the on-field jerseys that are not for sale.

So then what is this? A replica or replithentic perhaps. Open ended sleeves with no cuff, non-tapered body and everything appears screened- hard to tell.

But the Navy is thin not thick.

2143951700103761653S500x500Q85.jpg

99529933.png

Where are the blue pants? The last thing the AFC East needs is another boring white-on-white-on-white look. Best uniforms in the Division now is the New England Patriots.

while a drastic improvement over the worst uniforms in the league...something about these is just lacking...they will be a welcome addition and considered a clean and fresh look for a while but I think they will settle into mediocrity much like the franchise itself and barely be noticed.

What I noticed about the BILLS uniforms from up-close photos taken at the unveiling, the NFL shield and the BILLS word-mark seemed rather low.

On my own personal authentics and on the game-worn jerseys from last few seasons, the NFL shield is on the front-centre on the collar, and the teams who have a word-mark it was directly below the shield. Shields were on the collar, not below.

I don't expect an extreme V-neck to like what were worn by the BILLS alumni players to be on what will be what the players wear when and if there's an '11 season.

Also regarding replicas ... BILLS fans who attended said that only replicas were available for sale. The biggest issue was were the blue pants, so Johnny's post from days ago explains it quite well ... I just wish some of those 50 neatly folded pants he says he saw had made their way to the unveiling, because the fans are making alot of noise about them.

These are 2 replica jerseys purchased by BILLS fan at the unveiling.

268155_682121765532_18100274_36628743_4953778_n.jpg

99529933.png

Where are the blue pants? The last thing the AFC East needs is another boring white-on-white-on-white look. Best uniforms in the Division now is the New England Patriots.

That wording makes it sound like you thought the Bills had the best uniforms in the AFC East... I gotta say, in my opinion the Pats now have the worst uniforms in the division. I'll grant you that I don't get a huge chubby from white-on-white-on-white, but I do love the look of white-on-color-on-white. We just gotta get the Pats to go back to the pat the patriot snapping the football look and the AFC East will be lookin fresh as shieettt!

90758391980.gif

The Pat Patriot look is the diametric opposite of "fresh as :censored:". That logo is possibly one of the ugliest ever used by a pro sports team, and looked awful on helmets. The Flying Elvis logo is fine and represents the team well in an abstract manner while still looking good on a helmet. Furthermore, the Pat Patriot uniforms were painfully generic and collegiate-looking no matter how many times they tweaked them.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: 1995 jerseys and helmet + 1993 pants = best Patriots uniforms ever. They'd never have to change again.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived