Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

The Steelers have no major issues? I think most people would agree that their sleeve stripes translate worst onto a modern jersey cut.

Who are these "most people"? The Steelers have one of the best uni's in all of the NFL...even in the super-stretchy material.

Hines_ward.jpg

Looks good to me.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Steelers have no major issues? I think most people would agree that their sleeve stripes translate worst onto a modern jersey cut.

Who are these "most people"? The Steelers have one of the best uni's in all of the NFL...even in the super-stretchy material.

Hines_ward.jpg

Looks good to me.

That's simply your opinion. In my opinion, their sleeve "stripes" look ridiculous and pretty much just like a really big patch.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Steelers have one of the best uni's in all of the NFL...even in the super-stretchy material.

Hines_ward.jpg

Looks good to me.

A/ That ain't super-stretchy--not near as much as the Giants', Jaguars', and some Colts' & Packers' jerseys are. And B/ that photo's from the 2005 season. I don't even think the shrinkwrap stuff existed back then. :P

Imagine that look grafted onto whatever super-tight, 38% drier, 66% lighterweight uniform technology Nike--and whoever may come after them--may come up with come 2012 and beyond...it ain't gon' be pretty. That's the point I was getting at with that previous soliloquoy of mine.

(EDIT: and did I just set a record for most apostrophes used in one post? :wacko:)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Hines_ward.jpg

Looks good to me.

You also picked a picture of one of the few players that wears full sleeves on his jersey. When the sleeves are smaller like they are on most players, a good portion of the stripe is missing.

91506_feature_medium.jpg

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The Steelers have one of the best uni's in all of the NFL...even in the super-stretchy material.

Hines_ward.jpg

Looks good to me.

A/ That ain't super-stretchy--not near as much as the Giants', Jaguars', and some Colts' & Packers' jerseys are. And B/ that photo's from the 2005 season. I don't even think the shrinkwrap stuff existed back then. :P

Imagine that look grafted onto whatever super-tight, 38% drier, 66% lighterweight uniform technology Nike--and whoever may come after them--may come up with come 2012 and beyond...it ain't gon' be pretty. That's the point I was getting at with that previous soliloquoy of mine.

(EDIT: and did I just set a record for most apostrophes used in one post? :wacko:)

The stripes will look just fine in 2012 and beyond.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Hines_ward.jpg

Looks good to me.

You also picked a picture of one of the few players that wears full sleeves on his jersey. When the sleeves are smaller like they are on most players, a good portion of the stripe is missing.

91506_feature_medium.jpg

Depends on the on-field cut....but that's been that way since the 90's. Different positions have completely different looks.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Hines_ward.jpg

Looks good to me.

That's simply your opinion. In my opinion, their sleeve "stripes" look ridiculous and pretty much just like a really big patch.

i can accept it as a "patch". if you have to keep it and work with these jerseys, you have to accept what your eye is telling you. its a sleeve with a stripe

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

You're kidding, right? The Steelers have one of the top five worst uniform sets in football. From the cheap one-decal helmet to the obnoxious sleeve stripes to the superfluous logo patch to the ugly custom font, nothing about those Steelers uniforms is worth salvaging.

Yeah, but you also have no taste when it comes to uniforms.

All the Steelers really need to do to address the issue is shorten the wider stripe some to adhere to the sleeve cut. If the heighth of the middle one is reduced, the bottom stripe can be raised off the edge and won't be cut off... at least not on most of the players. It can still be left wider than the top and bottom one, just not so wide.

Put me in the camp that thinks the Steelers sleeve stripes and lopsided helmets are ugly, and I'm glad to hear people come out and say it. The national media is in love with all things Steeler, with one ranking even listing their helmets as one of the best in the NFL.

(Yes, I'm a Bengals fan, but to lend evidence that I'm being objective, I think the Bengals uniforms look horrible, as well.)

Funny...I do 99.7% percent of my internetting through my BlackBerry now (kinda have to, I live on the road)...and I don't seem to have those issues very often. Maybe y'all should just pay closer attention to what you're typing. :P

In regards to the Steelers, I'm not one who thinks their uniforms are bad...but I'm not finna say they're tops on the pecking order, either. I have no issue with their helmets, since I know the history of them, and [someone stick this next piece in the "Unpopular Opinions" thread]...I actually have grown to prefer the italicized Futura numbers--to me it just looks cool and fits within the scope of modernity, whereas the traditional block would've been TFTS (yep I just coined that abbreviation!) had they gone back to it in any recent years. Really, I only have two gripes about that uniform I feel they should fix, and both were addressed in that Steelers Nike NPC set I did a while back: shrink the size of those daggone stripes, and switch to black shoes. Those two things would fix that look for me. (It'd also help if the NFL allowed solid-colored socks rather than "mandating" the bottom portion be white--but that's another discussion for another time.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Buc, you're right about the stripes, but I hope teams won't take the easy way out and just slap the primary on there. OTOH, though I like the Bucs' approach, that ship needs to be bigger and cleaned up so it's more obvious what it is.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

That NFL is so strict with their uniform codes that fines are regularly given out, most times about socks or shoes.

Sleeves are now made shorter & shorter, yet players are still tucking them inside even more ... I just wonder when is enough going to be enough.

Stevie J who's doing interviews on ESPN today, was seen wearing his this morning.... looks good. If you're not looking for the navy outline you don't even notice it, would have liked to of seen him in a white one instead tho'.

I still say that NFL shield belongs higher, on the front-centre on the collar, not below it. Word-mark is just too low due to that.

3:22 pm EDT – SportsCenter live ESPNews

4 pm EDT – NFL LIVE in studio

stevie-in-new-jersey.jpg

Funny...I do 99.7% percent of my internetting through my BlackBerry now (kinda have to, I live on the road)...and I don't seem to have those issues very often. Maybe y'all should just pay closer attention to what you're typing. :P

In regards to the Steelers, I'm not one who thinks their uniforms are bad...but I'm not finna say they're tops on the pecking order, either. I have no issue with their helmets, since I know the history of them, and [someone stick this next piece in the "Unpopular Opinions" thread]...I actually have grown to prefer the italicized Futura numbers--to me it just looks cool and fits within the scope of modernity, whereas the traditional block would've been TFTS (yep I just coined that abbreviation!) had they gone back to it in any recent years. Really, I only have two gripes about that uniform I feel they should fix, and both were addressed in that Steelers Nike NPC set I did a while back: shrink the size of those daggone stripes, and switch to black shoes. Those two things would fix that look for me. (It'd also help if the NFL allowed solid-colored socks rather than "mandating" the bottom portion be white--but that's another discussion for another time.)

Yeah, I agree with most of this. The one-sided helmet has become iconic and at least it's unique to the league. The font works for them, it's also a unique aspect of their look. However, I always thought the stripes would look way better, on the black jersey at least, if if was just the "northwestern" striple (thin-wide-thin) of yellow on black, no white at all. I think they might use that design on their throwbacks. The simplicity of yellow on a black background looks really good to me. the same pattern of black-yellow-black-yellow-black (with the middle black stripe being the thick one, clearly) on the roads might look good as well. I just think there ends up being a few too many stripes on the sleeves with the white in there. Still, a great looking uniform.

Hines_ward.jpg

Looks good to me.

91506_feature_medium.jpg

Depends on the on-field cut....but that's been that way since the 90's. Different positions have completely different looks.

You're right, and it's been a major problem since the 1990s. That's why the Packers chopped off some stripes in 1997.

I can't believe no manufacturer has thought to make the sleeves out of underarmour-type stretchy material. Have them go halfway down the biceps. Then the NFL can mandate that no sleeve alterations are allowed. Most of the players wear those shirts anyway. It is ridiculous when you see players like Michael Vick or Matt Ryan with pads hanging out of their sleeves yet they are wearing underarmour down to the elbows.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived