Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a shame the Bills didn't look at bringing back the blue pants with that set. It was definitely a lost opportunity to really make the away uniforms look even better, but perhaps that's a trend that died back in the mid 1990's.

For the millionth time, there ARE blue pants. They just were not shown at the unveiling, but there are blue pants. Many here with the knowledge have confirmed this.

made a uni set for the Bills page

Billschriscreamer2.jpg

Billschriscreamer.jpg

I don't like how the the placement of the Bills logo on the pants gets lost in the stripe. Typical Bills.

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

It's a shame the Bills didn't look at bringing back the blue pants with that set. It was definitely a lost opportunity to really make the away uniforms look even better, but perhaps that's a trend that died back in the mid 1990's.

For the millionth time, there ARE blue pants. They just were not shown at the unveiling, but there are blue pants. Many here with the knowledge have confirmed this.

I'll believe it when I see it. I'm not interested in hearsay.

I'll believe it when I see it. I'm not interested in hearsay.

They're in the official 2011 Style Guide, for what that's worth.

Then again, so were two different designs of Jaguars' Teal pants that were never worn...

Then again, so were two different designs of Jaguars' Teal pants that were never worn...

Aw...but the teal pants DID exist and were available in their equipment room. Same applies to the 49ers current uni set and their white pants.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

I wondered for a long time why JAX never used teal pants on the road, and when I learned they're included in their set I never got why they never used them ...

There's no pants restrictions, so they could have tried 'em out for 1 game without committing to them. They're the one team who seems to have a virtually different color combo on their roadies.

I wondered for a long time why JAX never used teal pants on the road, and when I learned they're included in their set I never got why they never used them ...

There's no pants restrictions, so they could have tried 'em out for 1 game without committing to them. They're the one team who seems to have a virtually different color combo on their roadies.

Agreed. I'm really surprised they didn't at least try them out in a preseason game. This is what the Browns did in 2008, even though they had their brown pants since 2006. Hopefully we'll eventually see the 49ers white pants on the field at least one. I think it's a no-brainer that the Bills will use their blue pants within the next 2 years.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Aw...but the teal pants DID exist and were available in their equipment room. Same applies to the 49ers current uni set and their white pants.

There are no White pants in the official 49ers Style Guide...

I never got that either, considering that their road unis have always been so bland. At least when you saw teal you knew it was the Jags, but the all-whites or the white-jersey-black-pants combos didn't really stand out from the rest of the crowd.

I'm always amazed when sports teams jump on whatever bandwagon is in town (1990s: Teal Bandwagon, 2000s: Black Trim Bandwagon, 2000s: Navy Blue Bandwagon, 2010s: Throwback Bandwagon), rather than using their imaginations and creating an identity that really stands out.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

There are no White pants in the official 49ers Style Guide...

Trust me, I do believe you. However, they exist.

Not normally a big fan of all-white, but I so liked their all-white look for NFL-75 back in '94 .... the jersey numbers especially ... and the NFL granted them permission to wear their throwbacks for more games than were originally intended, even in the Super Bowl vs SD (not this photo)

rice95jw6.jpg

Agreed. I'm really surprised they didn't at least try them out in a preseason game. This is what the Browns did in 2008, even though they had their brown pants since 2006. Hopefully we'll eventually see the 49ers white pants on the field at least one. I think it's a no-brainer that the Bills will use their blue pants within the next 2 years.

I remember the preseason game ... when I saw them I didn't like the look because of the lack of striping like NO and Baltimore with their solid black pants.

Would have liked to of seen how they looked with striping.

Cleveland+Browns+v+Green+Bay+Packers+q9MyfYdcTjwl.jpg

09000d5d812a144d_gallery_600.jpg

THIS uniform with the 2011 helmet would've been a work of art. Oh well, still 100000% better than their previous nightmare.

Beisdes the fact that the Bills 1965 roadie didn't actually look like this, right?

Due to the shorter sleeves of today they had to move the numbers to the shoulders to maintain the stripes on the sleeves, so you are right, the roadie was tweaked, as were the home Rockpile jerseys.

Sure looked good tho'

23a08d42d2de61b8a3f0cc574e2b2232789101853.jpg

No, what I mean is, I don't think those outer stripes were solid red and I don't think the inner stripes were solid blue. I think they were blue with thin red trim. See this image from that era and you can see how they might have deduced that it was two blue stripes flanked by two red stripes, but I'm fairly positive that all the stripes were blue with thin red trim, just as the stripes on the socks and blue jersey were white with thin red trim.

4356828.jpg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived