Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

Ahhh ... I copy

Where'd ya find that photo Andrew? Color photos any larger than a thumbnail from that era are so hard to come by.

Nice!

He got 'em at the awe-inspiring www.uspresswire.com. It's a gold mine of old color (and b/w) shots. Go to the upper right of the home page and select 'Advanced Search' then enter the team name and a set of dates.

Chargers with Collegiate Blue trim (far better than Powder Blue IMO).

5334562.jpg

How many pics do you see of Namath that skinny, and with a two-bar mask?

5276558.jpg

Socks need more stripes. ^_^

4547528.jpg

That Oiler look with the silver blue was fantastic.

4547513.jpg

Favorite Saints set ever. Note hedges in background that were behind the end zones in Tulane Stadium. More than one player disappeared into those going after a pass!

4349633.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

made a uni set for the Bills page

Billschriscreamer2.jpg

Billschriscreamer.jpg

You got the socks wrong. For what it's worth, I think the Bills screwed this up as well and wore the socks with the wrong corresponding jerseys.

The socks you've shown with the white jersey match what was shown at the unveiling. They have a blue band around the upper calf with the same striping pattern as the blue jersey on top of that blue band. There is white showing above and below this band.

The socks that you've shown with the blue jersey do not match what was shown at the unveiling. The actual socks shown at the unveiling had the same striping pattern found on the white jerseys around the upper calf, then, a little bit above that, the color of the sock changes from white to blue and remains as such all the way up. You show the socks with the blue jersey being identical to the socks with the white jersey, except that the blue portion goes all the way up instead of it just being a blue band around the stripes.

It also looks like you forgot the navy blue trim on the helmet and pant stripes, and as mentioned before, the issue with the width of the stripes on the back of the helmet. The collar should also taper toward the point of the V where the NFL shield is.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

He got 'em at the awe-inspiring www.uspresswire.com. It's a gold mine of old color (and b/w) shots. Go to the upper right of the home page and select 'Advanced Search' then enter the team name and a set of dates.

5334562.jpg

Favorite Saints set ever. Note hedges in background that were behind the end zones in Tulane Stadium. More than one player disappeared into those going after a pass!

4349633.jpg

Thanks!!!!

I'll be all over that website ....

Funny the SD @ BILLS photo you display .... CHARGERS won that game in Buffalo, 34-3 .. October 1965

A bit before my time ... but I've done my studies over the years ... no wonder Ralph likes to mention (as he did at his HOF induction) how we beat 'em in SD for the Championship and their famous TD cannon didn't go off one time ..

I love the LA @ NO photo with Billy Kilmer ... It's so rare to see the RAMS in the navy jersey from that Roman Gabriel era ... weren't the RAMS like Dallas back then and would wear white at home and at most road games?? Would love to see them wear those as throwback instead of the Tommy Prothro uni's ..

I agree about the SAINTS white jerseys .... take their current home gold numbers with a black outline, put 'em on their white jerseys and presto, you'd have a work of art.

09000d5d812a144d_gallery_600.jpg

THIS uniform with the 2011 helmet would've been a work of art. Oh well, still 100000% better than their previous nightmare.

Beisdes the fact that the Bills 1965 roadie didn't actually look like this, right?

Due to the shorter sleeves of today they had to move the numbers to the shoulders to maintain the stripes on the sleeves, so you are right, the roadie was tweaked, as were the home Rockpile jerseys.

Sure looked good tho'

23a08d42d2de61b8a3f0cc574e2b2232789101853.jpg

No, what I mean is, I don't think those outer stripes were solid red and I don't think the inner stripes were solid blue. I think they were blue with thin red trim. See this image from that era and you can see how they might have deduced that it was two blue stripes flanked by two red stripes, but I'm fairly positive that all the stripes were blue with thin red trim, just as the stripes on the socks and blue jersey were white with thin red trim.

4356828.jpg

That's about as good a photo as you're going to find of the real Bills road jersey with that 4-stripe pattern (I've heard this called "Utah stripes" so I'm assuming they had them first). I agree that all the stripes were blue with thin red trim - an inverse of the home jersey, but the thin stripes often look more red in the old photos due to lighting, position of the player, etc. I've turned up a couple of photos on Getty Images with multiple players in them were one or two will look like they have thin red stripes but the other players will look like they have thin blue stripes.

Of course the Bills also reversed the stripes for a couple of years in the 1970 - I think only 1973 and 1974, but it could also include 1972 - so the stripes were red and the thin outline was blue. I believe this change happened when they first used the blue pants. Of course they changed to the 2-stripe jerseys in 1975 so that was a short-lived change.

EDIT: Here is a shot of OJ from the Bills December '74 playoff game versus the Steelers - last game where they wore the 4-stripe jerseys until they first used them as a throwback. It's a Getty image so if you get a "red x" click on link:

76085364.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E6B1FE58DD1AE789091D142B161E21CC3A5EAD17E8093B4432

76085364.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFB

You got the socks wrong. For what it's worth, I think the Bills screwed this up as well and wore the socks with the wrong corresponding jerseys.

The socks you've shown with the white jersey match what was shown at the unveiling. They have a blue band around the upper calf with the same striping pattern as the blue jersey on top of that blue band. There is white showing above and below this band.

The socks that you've shown with the blue jersey do not match what was shown at the unveiling. The actual socks shown at the unveiling had the same striping pattern found on the white jerseys around the upper calf, then, a little bit above that, the color of the sock changes from white to blue and remains as such all the way up. You show the socks with the blue jersey being identical to the socks with the white jersey, except that the blue portion goes all the way up instead of it just being a blue band around the stripes.

It also looks like you forgot the navy blue trim on the helmet and pant stripes, and as mentioned before, the issue with the width of the stripes on the back of the helmet. The collar should also taper toward the point of the V where the NFL shield is.

Spot-on Andrew! :grin:

John in KY ... your link of the Juice at the Pittsburgh playoff game isn't working :cry:

Would love to see it ...

bills11_military-display.jpg

bills11sox_home_road.png

5334562.jpg

4349633.jpg

Thanks!!!!

I'll be all over that website ....

Funny the SD @ BILLS photo you display .... CHARGERS won that game in Buffalo, 34-3 .. October 1965

A bit before my time ... but I've done my studies over the years ... no wonder Ralph likes to mention (as he did at his HOF induction) how we beat 'em in SD for the Championship and their famous TD cannon didn't go off one time ..

I love the LA @ NO photo with Billy Kilmer ... It's so rare to see the RAMS in the navy jersey from that Roman Gabriel era ... weren't the RAMS like Dallas back then and would wear white at home and at most road games?? Would love to see them wear those as throwback instead of the Tommy Prothro uni's ..

I agree about the SAINTS white jerseys .... take their current home gold numbers with a black outline, put 'em on their white jerseys and presto, you'd have a work of art.

In the 60's at least I'm pretty sure that was the case. BTW, that photo is not dated correctly - something to be aware of on USPresswire's site. It says 17Sep69 but the pic is almost certainly from the Saints' first ever regular season game in '67 because they didn't use that 'narrow' font in '69. Also, the pic below is dated correctly, 17Sep67, which is indeed the date of their first game.

4349248.jpg

One very cool thing about the Saints back then, and this only lasted a few seasons, was that they painted one end zone in the opponent's colors. They also wore white at home so fans could see the opponents in their colors (remember, there was little TV coverage then of anything other than local games).

Auto108.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

John in KY ... your link of the Juice at the Pittsburgh playoff game isn't working :cry:

Would love to see it ...

Sorry; I don't have a Getty account so I can't download the photos. I guess it shows for me because I did the search. I'm assuming the link didn't work either.

If you want to see it just go to Gettyimages.com, do an advanced search for the Buffalo Bills but set the time frame from January 1, 1974 to February 1, 1975 and you will catch all of the shots they have from that game (some are mis-dated for January 1975 even though the game was in December 1974) including that close up.

If you set the start date back to January 1, 1973 you will also catch some cool shots of a 1973 Bills/Chargers game in San Diego from the last season where the Chargers wore the light bluejerseys (the ones with the yellow numbers with white borders) - including a really good shot of OJ walking off after the game chatting with Deacon Jones.

Voilà.

0mXD7.jpg

(pardon my quick n' dirty photoshop job)

Those Blue Pants look great! Thanks for the photoshop. I really like the blue pants for this new look, now add some red pants and we may have a winner.

spacer.png

Cleveland+Browns+v+Green+Bay+Packers+q9MyfYdcTjwl.jpg

thats got to be one of my top 5 favorite uniforms ever. i love the brown pants

Add some stripes and it would make it better. I prefer these beauties even more:

71059_168897759811185_4972762_n.jpg

Orange pants were absolutely fantastic. Wish they'd bring them back (again).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Cleveland+Browns+v+Green+Bay+Packers+q9MyfYdcTjwl.jpg

thats got to be one of my top 5 favorite uniforms ever. i love the brown pants

They need stripes. The socks, jersey, and helmet all have stripes, the pants seem to stick out because they lack them.

i like the simplicity. if there were stripes it would be different from the jersey and socks, and even helmet. to keep it simple and not have a bunch of different stripe patterns going through it i believe was the best move.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Would love to see it ...

Sorry; I don't have a Getty account so I can't download the photos. I guess it shows for me because I did the search. I'm assuming the link didn't work either.

If you want to see it just go to Gettyimages.com, do an advanced search for the Buffalo Bills but set the time frame from January 1, 1974 to February 1, 1975 and you will catch all of the shots they have from that game (some are mis-dated for January 1975 even though the game was in December 1974) including that close up.

If you set the start date back to January 1, 1973 you will also catch some cool shots of a 1973 Bills/Chargers game in San Diego from the last season where the Chargers wore the light bluejerseys (the ones with the yellow numbers with white borders) - including a really good shot of OJ walking off after the game chatting with Deacon Jones.

Here's that image, rehosted for wider viewing:

FGvhH.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Would love to see it ...

Here's that image, rehosted for wider viewing:

Thanks for rehosting that. I finally found a 1972 Bills photo in the road white uniform on the USPresswire site and it appears that they were still using the blue with red outline sleeve stripes and white pants that year. The jersey with the these red with blue outline stripes were only used in 1973 and 1974 - the first 2 years of the blue pants.

Archived