Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

That PATRIOTS face-mask looks kinda orange in that mini-helmet ... I like their present look with the red mask. They tried the silver when they first went to the Elvis logo, didn't last too long.

You're right, now that you point it out. It's just bad lighting in my photo. It's the same four masks used in both sets of 4 photos.

It's where I sit.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

. .

I'm interested to see whether it's gonna have the word-mark in use since '74, or the new one for 2011 that got a slight trim-down.

Looking forward to the blue end-zones

▼▼ 2011 - present ▼▼▼.................▼▼ 1974 - 2010 ▼▼▼

bills11_wordmark.jpg............. th_Billss.jpg

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!!!

The whole "NEW WORDMARK" thing makes me wann shoot myself in the eyes!

Gotta say I think the new wordmark, with just a few minor changes, is better than the old one. I also hope the Bills go with a helmet logo at midfield rather than the charging buffalo. The buffalo is fine on the helmet, where a logo with lateral l->r movement is effective, but the 50 yard line logo needs to be more circular, more like a hockey jersey logo (static, forward facing) than a football helmet logo.

The Bills won't have their throwbacks anymore? :cry:

The BILLS throwbacks are part of the new set, but they will be shelved for the 2011 season and returning in 2012, so it was announced.

Marketing reasons I'm guessing ...

Well they would be kind of pointless.

As pointless as it may seem to you 'Ice_Cap', that grazing Bison logo is still very much beloved to great number of of BILLS fans, especially the generation that goes back to the AFL Champion years of '64 and '65, and the organization is very aware of it.

As a change-up, I'd like to see the white version used as the 3rd jersey ... Loved the look with the black shoes.

Since the Bears switched their alternates last season and are going back to the orange alternates this season there must not be a rule against it just as long as you only have 3 jerseys ... Same thing with Philly last year with their Kelly Green.

09000d5d804ed82d_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d811d1355_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d812a174b_gallery_600.jpg

Gotta say I think the new wordmark, with just a few minor changes, is better than the old one. I also hope the Bills go with a helmet logo at midfield rather than the charging buffalo. The buffalo is fine on the helmet, where a logo with lateral l->r movement is effective, but the 50 yard line logo needs to be more circular, more like a hockey jersey logo (static, forward facing) than a football helmet logo.

In the past, it was always painted onto midfield in a level position ..... How awesome it would be if they had the logo at midfield leaping upward on an angle like this at midfield, just as they've perfected it to do on the new helmet, especially since they're up-sizing it for the new field-turf ......

bills11_decal2.jpg

In the past, it was always painted onto midfield in a level position ..... How awesome it would be if they had the logo at midfield leaping upward on an angle like this at midfield, just as they've perfected it to do on the new helmet, especially since they're up-sizing it for the new field-turf ......

bills11_decal2.jpg

I don't know why, but at that angle the first thought to pop into my head was "Buffaslug". So I'd say no thanks.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I like how ARTNSOCAL keeps posting BILLS THROWBACKS like WE'VE NEVER SEEN THEM BEFORE. :grin:

The "new" wordmark seems to be more in line with the NFL logo font...you know, the font they use for everything nowadays. Simpler, but classy.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I like how ARTNSOCAL keeps posting BILLS THROWBACKS like WE'VE NEVER SEEN THEM BEFORE. :grin:

The "new" wordmark seems to be more in line with the NFL logo font...you know, the font they use for everything nowadays. Simpler, but classy.

If you had to look at what we've had to look at over the last 9 years you'd be wanting to look at throwbacks as much as we do.

As a New England fan you have a liking to look at other things....

"CAN'T WAIT"!!

DC010711-AA.jpg

Whats classy about that font? NOTHING.

Classy implies classic. There is nothing classic about this new mangled slab serif. Did the Cowboys or Colts change wordmarks? NO! Bills shouldnt either !!!

The Bills won't have their throwbacks anymore? :cry:

The BILLS throwbacks are part of the new set, but they will be shelved for the 2011 season and returning in 2012, so it was announced.

Marketing reasons I'm guessing ...

Well they would be kind of pointless.

As pointless as it may seem to you 'Ice_Cap', that grazing Bison logo is still very much beloved to great number of of BILLS fans, especially the generation that goes back to the AFL Champion years of '64 and '65, and the organization is very aware of it.

As a change-up, I'd like to see the white version used as the 3rd jersey ... Loved the look with the black shoes.

Since the Bears switched their alternates last season and are going back to the orange alternates this season there must not be a rule against it just as long as you only have 3 jerseys ... Same thing with Philly last year with their Kelly Green.

09000d5d804ed82d_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d812a174b_gallery_600.jpg

I'm very much aware of what the Bills throwbacks look like, thank you.

They are pointless now because the new redesigned looks close enough to the throwbacks that the throwbacks won't seem like a change of pace. A throwback, when used as an alternate, should serve as a change-up from the primary set, something different now and then to keep things fresh. The throwbacks no longer accomplish this because the new set looks to similar to them.

As for the standing buffalo, it's a static silhouette, no sense of motion. The current logo works just fine.

Better view of the new field. The logo doesn't look much bigger.

269823_10150309820285659_72631215658_9827742_2591853_n.jpg

No, no, no. Is that an incorrect double outline around the Bills lettering in the end zones? Brand new id and they can't even match the system? You'd think it would have taken at least a year to screw up the system.

Better view of the new field. The logo doesn't look much bigger.

No, no, no. Is that an incorrect double outline around the Bills lettering in the end zones? Brand new id and they can't even match the system? You'd think it would have taken at least a year to screw up the system.

Why are some of you critiquing a blue-print model, that's all that that is FFS.

That photo was taken in early May, right after Jim Dobmeier had the winning bid from a group of 8 and long BEFORE he had even seen the slight change done to the word-mark.

Let's judge it after it's installed in the coming days, not from some blue-print model from over 2 months ago. lol :grin:

Oh for the love of all that is good and pure in this world, will the Titans take another look at these classic Oilers uniforms and model THEIR'S after them? Those things are a thing of beauty. Replace the oil derrick with a Titans logo in only white, columbia and red; number font can stay or be altered, but leave the pants striping and socks as is. Boom! Yer done.

Those are nice, but I much prefer the Warren Moon era uniforms. Those are perfect.

I'll put my vote in for a different iteration - the silver helmet days.

2156238.jpg4386593.jpg

Although the Moon set was pretty great, too.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

The Oilers had really cool uniforms. Too bad the antitrust exemption didn't have any teeth; the team would've had to stick around.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived