Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i believe thats the old font on the wall in the background, and the new font in the endzone the L looks different

Correct!

They just haven't changed the wall panels to the new fonts yet .... but that's definitely the newer word-mark with the more condensed fonts in the end-zones ... the I and L especially, aren't as loopy width-wise as was on the prior word-mark.

richie-ralph_new_field.jpg

i believe thats the old font on the wall in the background, and the new font in the endzone the L looks different

Correct!

They just haven't changed the wall panels to the new fonts yet .... but that's definitely the newer word-mark with the more condensed fonts in the end-zones ... the I and L especially, aren't as loopy width-wise as was on the prior word-mark.

richie-ralph_new_field.jpg

Ah thanks, you can tell better with the wider-angle shot.

Yeah the wall pads will be getting reapholstered soon.

Ah thanks, you can tell better with the wider-angle shot.

Yeah the wall pads will be getting reapholstered reupholstered soon.

No worries Jeff .... but has this actually been confirmed by anyone at OBD?

Reason I ask is because the Buffaslug was still on the scoreboard and all over HSBC Arena last season and there were alot of complaints made by anti-Buffasluggers who don't even wanna look at it .. :grin:

After he took over ownership, Pegula had promised to get rid of all of them by the start of next season.

2902392131_e46eff91a0.jpg

Maybe this belongs in its own thread but I just saw on twitter where CNBCs Darren Rovell said "Reebok & the NFL will struggle to sell jerseys this year. I'm confident Nike wants to radically change at least 25% of league." Any idea on this at all? I talked to a friend who works for the marketing department of the Panthers and he said "they're looking into tweaking the logo to make it more '3-dimensional'" so I am hoping someone could expound on this. Thanks and sorry if this belongs elsewhere.

Maybe this belongs in its own thread but I just saw on twitter where CNBCs Darren Rovell said "Reebok & the NFL will struggle to sell jerseys this year. I'm confident Nike wants to radically change at least 25% of league." Any idea on this at all? I talked to a friend who works for the marketing department of the Panthers and he said "they're looking into tweaking the logo to make it more '3-dimensional'" so I am hoping someone could expound on this. Thanks and sorry if this belongs elsewhere.

I'm looking forward to an update of the a new Panthers' wordmark (it was outdated when we hit 2000), and it will be interesting to see a change in the logo.

While I agree about the Carolina Panthers logo needing a tweaking or change, I can't agree about the paintbrush word-mark of theirs. I've always liked it.

With Nike coming in, I hope that teams don't undergo a uniform & logo change just for the sake of change.

I'd love to see the Raiders go back to the silver numbers with the black outline on their away whites, and I'd love to see New Orleans change to the gold numbers on their away whites, and ditch the black pants. I truly like those Vegas gold pants they wear, and can't stand them in the black non-stripe pants.

I think that AZ needs to do something about their away jersey, Seattle (dump the monochrome), Jax, Tenn all need changes made.

Agreed. The Ravens started off with a great set in 1996 and it has progressively deteriorated from there.

testaverde-ravens.jpg

ravTestaverde_Vinny_03.jpg

For once, I'm going to kinda agree with Lights Out on a design. I think this was the best jersey the Ravens ever wore. (Proud owner of a purple Testaverde.) Baltimore has always seemed to me like a team that, from a design standpoint, can't get anything right without buggering something else up. Their best jersey only lasted a year, their best helmet logo never actually got used, their best sleeve logo got mothballed, and great black pants got swapped out for leotards.

For me, the best the Ravens ever looked from head to toe was their second season:

1997baltimoreb.png

I couldn't agree more. To be brutally honest about my own team, I'm tired of the Bird and B emblem. It never really sat well for me when they unveiled it as a primary and it still hasn't grown on me to this day. For a secondary emblem, sure, I think it looks great. But, I've always been a big enthisiast of the shield logo from '96. I'll still wear merch with that logo to Ravens games. As for uniforms, the '96 kits were the best they've ever had. The numbers, wordmark, and colors were extremely fitting for the team. It seems to me that the purple they use now is slightly different than the old purple used. I believe the original '96 purple was a darker shade. I was also a really big fan of both the full-body raven on the sleeves, as well as the black pants with the single white bar. I've never liked them with the white pants. When they finally brought back the black pants, I was overwhelmingly excited to see them revert to something older, though they didn't have the bar.

As of right now, the numbers I think are fine. But, I still love the originals from the '96 a tad more. One thing I do think they've done right and should stick with is the shield logo on the sleeves. It reminds me of the '96 logo, but takes a life of it's own. I'm just hoping that one day they'll release a new primary logo. I can live with it, but I wouldn't mind something new. As long as it isn't crap. The worse a team could do is go from moderate to worse.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Thanks for the heads up. Teams like the Panthers tend to fall of my RADAR at times, no disrespect to them, but they just aren't mentioned very often. I'm going to ask a friend of mine about this. Sounds interesting.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

endzone2.jpg

Close-up of the new end-zones

So after being criticized on the board for jumping all over the Spring mock up of the field, I'll reiterate my statement after now seeing the actual end zone.

Can't believe right off the bat they can't even follow their own design standards and have the coloring/outlines on the end zone typeface match that of their uniforms. Really bad.

Archived