Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

Ah thanks, you can tell better with the wider-angle shot.

Yeah the wall pads will be getting reapholstered reupholstered soon.

No worries Jeff .... but has this actually been confirmed by anyone at OBD?

Reason I ask is because the Buffaslug was still on the scoreboard and all over HSBC Arena last season and there were alot of complaints made by anti-Buffasluggers who don't even wanna look at it .. :grin:

After he took over ownership, Pegula had promised to get rid of all of them by the start of next season.

2902392131_e46eff91a0.jpg

No but they have changed the wall every 2 to 3 years without mention anyway, so I'd imagine they would. And the padding on the wall should be much easier to replace than a lighting fixture like those slugs.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jerseys are sellin' like hotcakes. I work at the training camp, fans very receptive to the new look. Though I still see a boatload of the throwbacks (and still some of last years :puke: ) They look great in person. The nickel and navy work beautifully together in this set, unlike last year's.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

It looks really weird seeing them practice in royal. It's so vibrant and bright. It might have something to do with the fabrics. Maybe ColorWerx can put together for me a comparison of swatches of the new royal fabric and the pre-2002 royal fabric...

endzone2.jpg

Close-up of the new end-zones

So after being criticized on the board for jumping all over the Spring mock up of the field, I'll reiterate my statement after now seeing the actual end zone.

Can't believe right off the bat they can't even follow their own design standards and have the coloring/outlines on the end zone typeface match that of their uniforms. Really bad.

Agreed. I'm not liking the white/red/white wordmarks at all. Poor color choice.

Maybe this belongs in its own thread but I just saw on twitter where CNBCs Darren Rovell said "Reebok & the NFL will struggle to sell jerseys this year. I'm confident Nike wants to radically change at least 25% of league." Any idea on this at all? I talked to a friend who works for the marketing department of the Panthers and he said "they're looking into tweaking the logo to make it more '3-dimensional'" so I am hoping someone could expound on this. Thanks and sorry if this belongs elsewhere.

So if Nike is going to change 25% of the league (although I'm guessing there isn't a lot of hard evidence for this statement), which teams would go? I see the following teams as possibilities:

Broncos - more orange, and remove the "Bronco stripes"

Saints - something more consistent; possibly adding matte black?

Jaguars - current uniform (other than the helmet) is pure crap

Titans - current uniform is dated crap, and Nike loves messing with powder blue

Seahawks - Nike won't be able to resist the call of lime green

Dolphins - drop shadows, even small ones, are dated

Ravens - current uniform is crap, and Nike loves black

Bengals - no explanation needed

Vikings - something more throwbacky, and less paneled

Eagles - fans seem to love the kelly green

Redskins - it looks like they're searching for a new look with last year's gold pants experiment

Panthers - dated uniforms, but Jerry Richardson might want to try to keep them for the sake of tradition

Rams - dated uniforms; maybe bring back the yellow?

Cardinals - too much piping, and Nike will want to mess with the black

In addition to the teams listed above, I think Nike will take a hard look at any modern uniforms designed by Reebok.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

So if Nike is going to change 25% of the league (although I'm guessing there isn't a lot of hard evidence for this statement), which teams would go?

Some of the changes, may not be very drastic. I could see them making a change to Arizona's white jersey's only, for example (to eliminate the red on the shoulders).

If there were 8 teams that Nike was looking at making changes to, here is what I'd suggest:

-Seattle (eliminate the navy blue from the shoulders on the blue jerseys; incorporate a little more lime green into the uniform)

-Kansas City (get the uniform into the 21st century. Darken the red. Eliminate the goofy socks. Black trim to uniforms go go along with yellow).

-New Orleans (change the striping on the helmet, get the golds to finally matchup, add a gold alternate jersey).

-Cincinnati (complete overhaul needed)

-Tennessee (complete overhaul needed; incorporate more red into the scheme. Columbia blue helmets)

-Dallas (figure out a couple of colors and actually match them)

-Miami (uniforms are drab, sharpen up things, add orange pants to the set to go with white and aqua pants)

-Washington (scrap the ugly red/burgundy and go with maroon with a new PC helmet logo).

Also, Darren Rovell likes to pull numbers out of thin air to make himself sound knowledgeable.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So if Nike is going to change 25% of the league (although I'm guessing there isn't a lot of hard evidence for this statement), which teams would go?

Some of the changes, may not be very drastic. I could see them making a change to Arizona's white jersey's only, for example (to eliminate the red on the shoulders).

If there were 8 teams that Nike was looking at making changes to, here is what I'd suggest:

-Seattle (eliminate the navy blue from the shoulders on the blue jerseys; incorporate a little more lime green into the uniform)

-Kansas City (get the uniform into the 21st century. Darken the red. Eliminate the goofy socks. Black trim to uniforms go go along with yellow).

-New Orleans (change the striping on the helmet, get the golds to finally match-up, add a gold alternate jersey).

-Cincinnati (complete overhaul needed)

-Tennessee (complete overhaul needed; incorporate more red into the scheme. Columbia blue helmets)

-Dallas (figure out a couple of colors and actually match them)

-Miami (uniforms are drab, sharpen up things, add orange pants to the set to go with white and aqua pants)

-Washington (scrap the ugly red/burgundy and go with maroon with a new PC helmet logo).

Seattle ... I believe you're referring to their sleeves, not shoulders ... I'd possibly change them to white, just as the white jersey has the blue on the sleeves, and eliminate the mono .... word has it the fluorescent green alternate will be tossed in favor of a throwback. I like that shade of blue when used correctly, but with the mono it's just such overkill

KC ... I doubt you'll see them change anything, they're very conservative about uniforms other than flip-flopping with the white & red away pants. I hope they forever use red pants on the road ... SF darkened the red in the 90s ... that wasn't all too popular ... they've now reverted back

NO .... eliminate the black pants or stripe them .... go with the gold numbers on the white away jerseys too ... gold jerseys sound good, if worn with white pants .. their helmet and everything else is fine as is ... I like the 'vegas' gold that both them and the Pittsburgh Penguins use.

Cincinnati .... if anyone should go to an orange jersey full-time it's them ... more so than Denver who's definitely swapping the navy and orange jerseys next season.

Tennessee ... overhaul definitely needed, agreed. They looked better in dark blue with white pants, and white jersey with dk blue pants from the era of their Super Bowl season

Dallas ... I doubt they'll consider changing ... not even those greenish-silvery-blue pants worn with the white jersey. Love their '60-'63 throwback. Their regular navy jersey w/ silver pants that wasn't worn last year is a pretty sharp uniform set too.

Miami ... Their uniform set is fine as is .... orange pants? Yikes!! No way .... and this is coming from a Bills fan who loathes that team.

Washington ... No name change ... enough is enough by teams who've yielded to pressure and changed it, like Stanford, St Johns, Miami of Ohio, Marquette, etc etc ..... the 70th anniversary uniform in 2002 based off their '65-'69 uniforms would be a fantastic choice if they were to change their look.

Buffalo ... for the 888th time ... PLEASE break out the blue pants on the road, and next year bring back the grazing Bison helmets n throwbacks for at least the league-allowed 2 games.

bills11_pants-set_onfield-guide.png

Rams - dated uniforms; maybe bring back the yellow?

:blink:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Buffalo ... for the 888th time ... PLEASE break out the blue pants on the road, and next year bring back the grazing Bison helmets n throwbacks for at least the league-allowed 2 games.

bills11_pants-set_onfield-guide.png

Don't worry, you will see these during the 2011 season.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Those ram horn patterns would never fit on the modern jersey cuts. Just use the old colour scheme with the current uniform design.

I don't think it looks too bad. Definitely beteter than most teams that wear sleeve stripes.

09000d5d8134ee8a_gallery_600.jpg

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived