Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

The Longhorns are a college team and the aesthetics are slightly different. You can get away with solid color pants and the team name across the chest in big letters in college, not so much in the pros.

As for the Ravens, their current set is horribly botched (it could be great with several tweaks). Those socks shown above are great, but the best set of black pants was from their second or third year, with a purple stripe surrounded by white stripes. Those pants were perfect (to be worn with the white jersey).

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Horrible uniform set. The Texas Longhorns are a perfect example that teams do not always have to have stripes on the pants. When done right (i.e. Longhorns, Browns) it looks damn good.

It doesn't look bad on Texas because they're helmets don't have stripes and their jerseys only have two thin stripes. Striping is clearly not a big part of their uniform design. The Browns, on the other hand, have a uniform design that's based entirely on striping. On all their uniforms now, there's three stripes on the helmet and pants and five stripes on the jerseys and socks. It would be completely out of place and very plain if they reintroduced the brown pants without adding stripes to them.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Yeah, isn't Ralph Wilson Stadium pretty deep in the ground? Stadium, I said.

Yep. It's very unimpressive-looking everywhere outside of stadium.

No offense to either of you, but it is the 10th-largest stadium in the NFL. Really the only perceptions of the stadium being small are when you're outside of the seating bowl.

No Jeff .... It's the 6th largest of the 31 NFL stadiums

I'm pretty sure it's down to tenth after the last 13 years of renovation and with the construction of the newer, bigger ones.

Horrible uniform set. The Texas Longhorns are a perfect example that teams do not always have to have stripes on the pants. When done right (i.e. Longhorns, Browns) it looks damn good.

It doesn't look bad on Texas because they're helmets don't have stripes and their jerseys only have two thin stripes. Striping is clearly not a big part of their uniform design. The Browns, on the other hand, have a uniform design that's based entirely on striping. On all their uniforms now, there's three stripes on the helmet and pants and five stripes on the jerseys and socks. It would be completely out of place and very plain if they reintroduced the brown pants without adding stripes to them.

Their current home uniform would suggest otherwise. They've worn solid brown socks with both their home, away, and even their old alternate orange jersey and pants since their return. Plus, during the Kosar era, most of the players wore the uniform design that resembled the Chiefs and Redskins where the stripes were on the spendex and looked more like a 2-tone pattern than stripes themselves. The orange helmet represents them, not their stripes (they've changed too many times since their very beginning).

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Guess it depends which chart that one is looking at. .... has FedExField for the Redskins been downsized from 91,704 to 82,000??

Rich / Ralph Wilson Stadium was originally 80,020 before it was downsized by about 6000 when they did the renovations .....

Stadiums by capacity

Here's my latest...all but one (Indianapolis) came directly from the 2010 NFL Record & Fact Book...I've adjusted Indy's because the listed capacity of Lucas Oil Stadium (63,000) is incorrect and outdated. This list also does not take into consideration the potential expanded capacities of a few of these venues (Dallas, Arizona, Jacksonville, et al):

NFLVenueListingByCapacity_2011_20110719.png

Guess it depends which chart that one is looking at. .... has FedExField for the Redskins been downsized from 91,704 to 82,000??

Rich / Ralph Wilson Stadium was originally 80,020 before it was downsized by about 6000 when they did the renovations .....

Stadiums by capacity

Here's my latest...all but one (Indianapolis) came directly from the 2010 NFL Record & Fact Book...I've adjusted Indy's because the listed capacity of Lucas Oil Stadium (63,000) is incorrect and outdated. This list also does not take into consideration the potential expanded capacities of a few of these venues (Dallas, Arizona, Jacksonville, et al):

NFLVenueListingByCapacity_2011_20110719.png

Your FedEx number is outdated. They've removed around 10,000 seats from the upper deck that they can't sell (regardless of the fact that they refer to a very large season ticket waiting list).

Source - http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/15/redskins-admit-demand-is-down-may-not-build-party-decks/

It's where I sit.

No, the brown pants need stripes. It makes no sense to have two striped pairs of pants and one non-striped pair. All they'd have to do is take their usual pants stripe and color it white/orange/white to match the pattern on the brown jersey.

Ravens have one striped, one non-striped.

I would never hold the Ravens up as an example of "what to do" in the uniform department.

Agreed. The Ravens started off with a great set in 1996 and it has progressively deteriorated from there.

testaverde-ravens.jpg

ravTestaverde_Vinny_03.jpg

No no no! The purple and black monstrosities from year 1 were awful. Truly bad color combination. The helmet logos have improved too. In general the Ravens have improved, not got good, but improved!

The winged B shield is mediocre, but anything's better then the current Ravens logo.

No, the brown pants need stripes. It makes no sense to have two striped pairs of pants and one non-striped pair. All they'd have to do is take their usual pants stripe and color it white/orange/white to match the pattern on the brown jersey.

Ravens have one striped, one non-striped.

I would never hold the Ravens up as an example of "what to do" in the uniform department.

Agreed. The Ravens started off with a great set in 1996 and it has progressively deteriorated from there.

testaverde-ravens.jpg

No no no! The purple and black monstrosities from year 1 were awful. Truly bad color combination. The helmet logos have improved too. In general the Ravens have improved, not got good, but improved!

The winged B shield is mediocre, but anything's better then the current Ravens logo.

Here's a question... If the Ravens had paid the designer of that logo instead of stealing it, would they still be using it today?

He's correct, although to be fair they are very recent changes. A new party deck is being built.

I saw Leonard Hankerson retweet and reply to you on twitter! Small world!

And the party deck or not-party deck or w/e the hell it is or isn't is happening because we can't sell seats because not only was FedEx Field build too big with too many seats, but our fanbase is dwindling because of franchise has become such a horse's ass.

90758391980.gif

testaverde-ravens.jpg

No .... No ... No ! That winged 'B' shield is awful.

From the moment I first saw it, it reminded me of an episode of The Flintstones :blink:

With that logo they could've just named 'em The Baltimore Water Buffaloes ...

flintstones.jpg

testaverde-ravens.jpg

For once, I'm going to kinda agree with Lights Out on a design. I think this was the best jersey the Ravens ever wore. (Proud owner of a purple Testaverde.) Baltimore has always seemed to me like a team that, from a design standpoint, can't get anything right without buggering something else up. Their best jersey only lasted a year, their best helmet logo never actually got used, their best sleeve logo got mothballed, and great black pants got swapped out for leotards.

For me, the best the Ravens ever looked from head to toe was their second season:

1997baltimoreb.png

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I agree with Sodboy. That was the best total set. And those were the perfect black pants. Bring those back along with the socks which were worn with the white pants and the road uniform is 1000x better. I would also put the unused Raven logo on the helmet (although I think that kinda sucks, too, it's loads better than what they currently use), remove the helmet stripes and go with a purple tint to the black helmet (like what the Jags did), change the numbers to a double outline with no drop shadow and call it a day.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Those first black pants with the solid white stripe were horrible. But had more of the right direction than the current solid black ones. Make the stripe purple/white/purple and it'd be the way to go. Heck even purple/black/purple would be an improvement. At least it would match the helmet. Still wouldn't be too visible though.

Archived