Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's nothing strong about the standing buffalo. I like classic looks as much as the next guy, but there's a line between classic and old. The standing buffalo is just old. A static image that just doesn't cut it as a sports logo.

You couldn't be more wrong . . . just as you are in virtually all of your other posts.

There's nothing strong about the standing buffalo. I like classic looks as much as the next guy, but there's a line between classic and old. The standing buffalo is just old. A static image that just doesn't cut it as a sports logo.

You couldn't be more wrong . . . just as you are in virtually all of your other posts.

Except that IMO he's not wrong.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Does anyone know who came up with this concept? I remember seeing this out a couple years before the Buffalo Bills new uniforms ever were unveiled. I noticed a few of the big of design elements of this concept's primary and home uniform found their way on the actual Bills set. Kind of interesting.

I've never seen that concept before .... Whoever made it used a Rockwell-bold font for the wordmark which isn't the font used (thank gawd)

I would have preferred to leave the wordmark alone, but since they changed it ever so slightly I'm okay with it.

bills11_wordmark-1.jpg

Billss-1.jpg

It's virtually the same one used since '74, just with a slight haircut. :grin:

All I'm saying is that certain elements i.e. White helmet, Wordmark, and charging Buffalo on hip of the pants found slight variations of it onto the final design. I know this concept existed more than 2 years ago so could the original artist have a beef with the team?

All I'm saying is that certain elements i.e. White helmet, Wordmark, and charging Buffalo on hip of the pants found slight variations of it onto the final design. I know this concept existed more than 2 years ago so could the original artist have a beef with the team?

I don't see how .... he didn't come up with one original idea. Some of the things like putting the wordmark on the jersey and the logo on the pant stripes had already been done by other clubs. They didn't use the same font that was on his concept. He used a red facemask and a mini-sized decal for the helmet logo.

Since 2005 many fans had been calling for a return to the white helmet, and it seemed to be split down the middle among the fans between the grazing and charging Bison logos. There was just nothing there that was original and used by the Bills.

I also agree. The classic standing buffalo is fun for a throwback/alternate uni, but nothing beyond that.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

I like both buffaloes but rank the charging one higher from the standpoint that aggressiveness is a positive for a sports team. But that advantage is negated by the goofy and distracting red stripe. That makes them even, and if they're otherwise equal, I like the standing version better.

I assume those of you who favor the charging buffalo also think the Cardinals & Dolphins need new, more intimidating renditions of their mascots? Or are menacing frowns enough? ^_^

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I like both buffaloes but rank the charging one higher from the standpoint that aggressiveness is a positive for a sports team. But that advantage is negated by the goofy and distracting red stripe. That makes them even, and if they're otherwise equal, I like the standing version better.

I assume those of you who favor the charging buffalo also think the Cardinals & Dolphins need new, more intimidating renditions of their mascots? Or are menacing frowns enough? ^_^

I would kill to see a Cardinal or a Dolphin with a red laser shooting out from behind its ear. Unfortunately, I don't have Photoshop on my work computer.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I also agree. The classic standing buffalo is fun for a throwback/alternate uni, but nothing beyond that.

. .

Now what gives a logo-less Cleveland Browns fan the right to comment on any teams helmet logo??

Haha ... just kidding :grin:

I frequent both of the Bills 2 main chat boards .... whenever this grazing / charging Bison logo subject comes up, and it does quite often, it seems to be split right down the middle on choice. That may have changed since unveiling. I didn't care for the new one too much when it first came out in '74, but I like it better now that it's larger than it first was and has been perfected for the roundness of the helmet.

Getting rid of the stupid red helmets was an improvement. I expect and hope they'll bring back the grazing Bison in 2012 as throwback. They sell too much team apparel with that logo to completely drop it., and these days it's all about $ ... The last time I was back in WNY I saw more people wearing different apparel with the grazing Bison than I did with the charging one.

The Cardinals and Dolphins currently use fantastic updates of their "classic" marks.

The Cardinals and Dolphins currently use fantastic updates of their "classic" marks.

Dammit...I'm agreeing way too much with you in this thread. Maybe it's the CM Punk logo. B)

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Good assessment. The red stripe is the thing that really hurts the charging buffalo.

I've never understood why some are so enamored with italic numerals or slanted logos as if the faux-speed is helping their team or something. Thank goodness the Raiders haven't bought into this. I'd hate to see the well done shield skewed so as to seem like it was "going fast".

Sure the standing buffalo could be refined a bit, but IMO it's the much better logo for the helmet/team. I don't see Buffalo as a slick, fast, sleek team/city/people. I could be wrong but I think of them as good, strong, hard working blue collar types and the standing buffalo, again to me, is a much more fitting symbol for the team/town.

Good assessment. The red stripe is the thing that really hurts the charging buffalo.

I've never understood why some are so enamored with italic numerals or slanted logos as if the faux-speed is helping their team or something. Thank goodness the Raiders haven't bought into this. I'd hate to see the well done shield skewed so as to seem like it was "going fast".

Sure the standing buffalo could be refined a bit, but IMO it's the much better logo for the helmet/team. I don't see Buffalo as a slick, fast, sleek team/city/people. I could be wrong but I think of them as good, strong, hard working blue collar types and the standing buffalo, again to me, is a much more fitting symbol for the team/town.

As a Buffalonian, I'm partial to the charging logo.

The standing buffalo is boring :(

I'm with Cap and BBTV.

The standing buffalo is so stagnant and motionless. It might as well be a Bob Ross painting on the side of the helmet. It's nothing more than clipart.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm with Cap and BBTV.

The standing buffalo is so stagnant and motionless. It might as well be a Bob Ross painting on the side of the helmet. It's nothing more than clipart.

.....as long as there's some Van Dyke brown and "happy" trees. ^_^

With all of this charging buffalo vs. standing buffalo talk, and the addition of three more logos to the whole uniform, why couldn't the two coexist? I like both logos, but five of one is too many. They should've put the standing buffalo on the hips, maybe outlined or encircled as to not clash with the red stripe.

The red stripe is the thing that really hurts the charging buffalo.

Ya think ??

It's basically a cartoon-like image, whoever heard of a blue or red Bison .... so why not have a red streak.

If it didn't have the red streak, it would look something like this .... not all that great IMO ... (I'm not a Photo Shopper, so it's not the greatest tweak-job)

bills_logo_concept1.jpg

bills_logo_flat.jpg

Archived