Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bills looked amazing last night.....now that's Buffalo football. I'm not understanding the complaining over the socks stripes though. The Bills aren't the only team that have striped socks that do not match the rest of the uniform. There are quite a few teams out there like that. Black shoes are the only adjustment I would make.

Which are the other teams? You posted the Redskins, but they pulled those socks and pants out of the closet last year. They were from a throwback set in which the sock stripes matched the sleeve stripes (of the home jersey). I can't think of another team which has one set of stripes on the sleeves and a different set on the socks. The white socks should have the same striping pattern as the white sleeves, not a blue block in the middle. The blue socks should have blue below the stripes with the striping pattern matching the blue sleeves. The Bills get credit for coming up with white socks and not fulfilling Dennis' dream of them looking like a high school team with solid colored pants and socks, but the stripes they came up with are bad. Better than solid blue socks, but still bad.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Bills aren't the only team that have striped socks that do not match the rest of the uniform.

And those other teams look crappy too.

Uh...no, not at all.

09000d5d81c4a4fb_gallery_600.jpg

Those are such an abomination. Waist-up, current unis...waist-down, throwback unis. Mismatched colors. Yeah, those are a hoot.

If the team sticks with the white on white road look, then they have to switch to the home version blue socks. Those white striped socks have to be destined to be used with the blue pants...wherever they are.

bills-new-uniforms-420x250.jpg

Agreed. They should definitely wear the socks shown in this photo with their white pants. Much better.

Now that I've gotten a good couple looks at these uniforms in varying light conditions, now I know why the stripes/numbers appear so muddied: the navy and the red bleed together, creating an almost purple effect.

(Hmm...which sparks an interesting question: has any sports team ever used [royal] blue and purple together as team colors? That...I'd be curious to see.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Using a consistent stripe pattern on an team outfit as sparse as the new Buffalo Bills is critical to ensure the eye moves cleanly throughout the program. Personally, I think the Bills missed the mark on the change.

When working with the Redskins. we worked to ensure a consistency on the sets. I think we could have done even better looking back, but we never sampled the uniforms so I believe we would have corrected in the sampling stage.

http://www.gameplancreative.com/downloads/gameplan_wruniforms.pdf

Bills looked amazing last night.....now that's Buffalo football. I'm not understanding the complaining over the socks stripes though. The Bills aren't the only team that have striped socks that do not match the rest of the uniform. There are quite a few teams out there like that. Black shoes are the only adjustment I would make.

Which are the other teams?

New England Patriots white set: helmet (no stripes), jersey (1 shoulder stripe), pants (3 stripes of varying shapes, socks (3 stripes)

DOES NOT MATCH

Baltimore Ravens any jersey with white pants: helmet (2 artistic stripes), jersey (no stripes), pants (3 stripes), socks (no stripes)

DOES NOT MATCH

Cleveland Browns white set: helmet (3 stripes), jersey (5 stripes), pants (3 stripes), socks (5 stripes)

DOES NOT MATCH

Pittsburgh Steelers home/away set: helmet (1 stripe), jersey (7 multi-shaped stripes), pants (1 stripe), socks (no stripes)

DOES NOT MATCH

Denver Broncos blue jersey set: helmet (3 artistic stripes), jersey (1 artistic stripes), pants (1 artistic stripe), socks (1 small solid stripe)

DOES NOT MATCH

Kansas City Chiefs white jersey/red pants: helmet (no stripes), jersey (3 stripes), pants (5 stripes), socks (3 stripes)

DOES NOT MATCH

Houston Texans any set: helmet (no stripes), jersey (1 shoulder stripe), pants (3 stripes), socks (no stripes)

DOES NOT MATCH

Indianapolis Colts home/away set: helmet (1 stripe), jersey (3 shoulder stripes), pants (3 stripes), socks (no stripes)

DOES NOT MATCH

Indianapolis Colts alternate set: helmet (1 stripe), jersey (3 stripes), pants (1 stripe), socks (3 stripes)

DOES NOT MATCH

Tennessee Titans any set: helmet (2 artistic stripes), jersey (no stripes), pants (3 solid stripes), socks (no stripes)

DOES NOT MATCH

New York Giants white set: helmet (1 stripe), jersey (3 multi-shaped stripes), pants (5 solid stripes), socks (no stripes)

DOES NOT MATCH

Chicago Bears blue set: helmet (no stripes), jersey (7 stripes), pants (3 stripes), socks (7 stripes)

DOES NOT MATCH

Detroit Lions: helmet (5 stripes), jersey sleeve (5 stripes), jersey collar (3 stripes), pants (5 stripes), socks (1 stripe)

DOES NOT MATCH

St Louis Rams white jersey/blue pants set: helmet (no stripes), jersey (1 shoulder stripe), pants (5 stripes), socks (no stripes)

DOES NOT MATCH

Atlanta Falcons alternate set: helmet (5 stripes), jersey (no stripes), pants (3 stripes), socks (2 stripes)

DOES NOT MATCH

New Orleans gold pants set: helmet (3 stripes), jersey (no stripes), pants (1 stripe), socks (no stripes)

DOES NOT MATCH

See...what the Bills did isn't technically anything different from these. People need to stop hating on the Bills so much. They finally got rid of those hideous uniforms and look like a NFL team again.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

. .

Bills at Bears from last night is on NFL Network right now for anyone not knowing and wanting to take a look ....

I honestly can say I like the helmet stripe as it gets thicker towards the back.

For the 889th time tho' ... blue away pants are a must!.

1. The navy blue makes the whole think look muddy.

2. the shiny screen printed sleeve stripes look cheap.

3. The wide stripe on the back of the helmet is unnecessary.

4. Wow, did they ever botch those socks.

5. Logos on a uniform anywhere other than the helmet is ridiculous.

I would second all of this except for #5. I'm OK with some sleeve logos (mostly when its a secondary, or at least different from the helmet) and like BBTV, I think the small logo above the NOB is a pretty harmless yet effective way to deal with trademarks. The dumb hip logo can go... I'd be fine with that.

Could there be a legit reason the team may not wear blue pants at all?

Anyone think that because of the mudding effect of the navy trim on the Royal blue numbers, that the alleged HDTV uniform testing the Bills conducted with the players in the blue pants did not look right on television? Seems that the mudding effect would be far less with more royal blue on the pants than on the numbers thus making the team look like they are wearing purple-ish numbers with blue pants. Anyone agree? Because if that indeed is the case, then I may change my tune and say the team royally (no pun intended) dicked this one up.

I just don't understand the whole "the Bills need to wear blue pants" movement. It just doesn't look good to me. I really don't think it works with their new retro look. Maybe I'm wrong but if you are trying to take an old look and slightly modernize it then you have to wear white or grey pants. I don't remember too many teams wearing dark pants in the 50's and 60's. Again, I could be wrong but I don't associate dark pants with that era.

The Bills aren't the only team that have striped socks that do not match the rest of the uniform.

And those other teams look crappy too.

Uh...no, not at all.

Those are such an abomination. Waist-up, current unis...waist-down, throwback unis. Mismatched colors. Yeah, those are a hoot.

Yes, I have never understood why the Redskins can't get yellow pants with the same striping pattern as their white and burgundy pants. The yellow pants look great, but they look out of place with the current uniform.

RS-1.png?t=1312302854Bruins.png?t=1312302924Pats3.png?t=1312302963Cel.png?t=1312303005

The away socks are all wrong.

Someone did a rather shabby Photoshop of blue pants which should be just a bit darker, matching the Bison on the helmet, but it at least gives one the general idea.

sm.jpg

So if they wanna stick with white on white, then dump those terrible socks and go with the home socks worn at the unveiling that are somewhat similar to these retros worn in 2009

09000d5d81433fd1_gallery_600.jpg

bills_sox.jpg

Those are hideous, aren't they Colorwerx? How could anyone think those look good?

The Redskins need a complete overhaul of their uniforms.

Or at least burn those mismatched red striped socks, that don't even match the burgundy of the Skins's set.

New England Patriots white set: helmet (no stripes), jersey (1 shoulder stripe), pants (3 stripes of varying shapes, socks (3 stripes)

DOES NOT MATCH

Baltimore Ravens any jersey with white pants: helmet (2 artistic stripes), jersey (no stripes), pants (3 stripes), socks (no stripes)

DOES NOT MATCH

Cleveland Browns white set: helmet (3 stripes), jersey (5 stripes), pants (3 stripes), socks (5 stripes)

DOES NOT MATCH

Pittsburgh Steelers home/away set: helmet (1 stripe), jersey (7 multi-shaped stripes), pants (1 stripe), socks (no stripes)

DOES NOT MATCH

Denver Broncos blue jersey set: helmet (3 artistic stripes), jersey (1 artistic stripes), pants (1 artistic stripe), socks (1 small solid stripe)

DOES NOT MATCH

Kansas City Chiefs white jersey/red pants: helmet (no stripes), jersey (3 stripes), pants (5 stripes), socks (3 stripes)

DOES NOT MATCH

Houston Texans any set: helmet (no stripes), jersey (1 shoulder stripe), pants (3 stripes), socks (no stripes)

DOES NOT MATCH

Indianapolis Colts home/away set: helmet (1 stripe), jersey (3 shoulder stripes), pants (3 stripes), socks (no stripes)

DOES NOT MATCH

Indianapolis Colts alternate set: helmet (1 stripe), jersey (3 stripes), pants (1 stripe), socks (3 stripes)

DOES NOT MATCH

Tennessee Titans any set: helmet (2 artistic stripes), jersey (no stripes), pants (3 solid stripes), socks (no stripes)

DOES NOT MATCH

New York Giants white set: helmet (1 stripe), jersey (3 multi-shaped stripes), pants (5 solid stripes), socks (no stripes)

DOES NOT MATCH

Chicago Bears blue set: helmet (no stripes), jersey (7 stripes), pants (3 stripes), socks (7 stripes)

DOES NOT MATCH

Detroit Lions: helmet (5 stripes), jersey sleeve (5 stripes), jersey collar (3 stripes), pants (5 stripes), socks (1 stripe)

DOES NOT MATCH

St Louis Rams white jersey/blue pants set: helmet (no stripes), jersey (1 shoulder stripe), pants (5 stripes), socks (no stripes)

DOES NOT MATCH

Atlanta Falcons alternate set: helmet (5 stripes), jersey (no stripes), pants (3 stripes), socks (2 stripes)

DOES NOT MATCH

New Orleans gold pants set: helmet (3 stripes), jersey (no stripes), pants (1 stripe), socks (no stripes)

DOES NOT MATCH

We were talking about socks.

Most of those teams you mention, wear solid color socks. No goofy-ass stripes.

The Bills would look like a team from this century, if they just scrapped the 1976 tube socks they are wearing with their white uniforms. Wear solid blue socks with the white pants. Wear the blue striped socks (shown with the blue jerseys) with the blue pants.

The Jets should also go back to solid green socks with the all white uniforms. They just look incredibly bland and dull, with all of that white.

So it appears that the 75th anniversary throwbacks worn by the Redskins in 2007, some of the socks were white at the very top, yet some were burgundy at the top, and both worn in the same game.

It's obvious that they kept the throwback pieces in their uniform set and brought the socks and pants out of their attic to wear last year since there's no regulations on pants or socks ??

09000d5d8029d63d_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d8029f847_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d8029f864_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d8029f879_gallery_600.jpg

Archived