Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

faulk.jpg?w=300> nfl_g_warner01_576.jpg

The Rams old school uni is fun for a 3rd throwback uni, but nothing more. Plus, century gold and millennium blue is a GREAT combo!!

I'm torn because I like the current Rams uniforms, and the previous set. I think the current set is one of the best modern sets in the NFL, while the previous was creative and looked great. I think a blend of both uniforms could be a solid look, maybe the old template, but with navy blue instead of royal blue, and the current number font.

RS-1.png?t=1312302854Bruins.png?t=1312302924Pats3.png?t=1312302963Cel.png?t=1312303005

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rams - dated uniforms; maybe bring back the yellow?

Oh, yes please.

Beautiful. Would be top eight or 10 in the NFL, easy.

Here yee go . . .

sf-v-la.jpg

rams-sfbettis.jpg

What I mentioned on another post ...... NO Saints wearing white jerseys with gold numbers ... These are USDA-Prime!!! .. thumbsup.gif

sf-v-no.jpgno-sf.jpg

It looks really weird seeing them practice in royal. It's so vibrant and bright. It might have something to do with the fabrics. Maybe ColorWerx can put together for me a comparison of swatches of the new royal fabric and the pre-2002 royal fabric...

Maybe it's just the thought of them being so drab the past decade, but the new blue really pops (sorry about the massive photo!):

williams730.jpg

Hell yeah, man. I've thought this for years.

8SQkQ.jpg

So have I ....

They shelved 'em for good after bringing them back for the 1970 season ....

I like the '63 logo better too ...

2618001.jpg

Perfect example of how a bright color can look so much better than a drab navy jersey.

Yeap ... it was 9 years of pure torture seeing them play in those Donohoe logo.png midnight-navy's ... gross.gif

What I mentioned on another post ...... NO Saints wearing white jerseys with gold numbers ... These are USDA-Prime!!! .. thumbsup.gif

sf-v-no.jpgno-sf.jpg

Also looked nice when they first introduced the current set:

P_2.jpg

It's a damn shame that they later chickened out and went to black numbers on the road.

Just when things couldn't get anymore off-topic, I'm reminded of this Sports Illustrated cover in 2006...

0724_large.jpg

Anyone know the story behind that number font? ...and gigantic outline?

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Dang...a thread veers off-topic into Saints territory and I didn't even do it. Wonders never cease!

Don't know why Reggie had that font at the rookie shoot, wondered it at the time. It looks like what they wore back in '98 or so:

la014.jpg

Going back to the gold numbers on the white set has been a wish of mine for years. In fact, here's my Saints uni heaven list:

- Revert to the original Old Gold.

- Change pants stripe back to the style that matched the helmet stripe

- Use gold numbers on white set.

- Use larger white outline around gold numbers on black set (like the original unis).

saints_whitsell.jpg

- Eliminate the black pants or at least add some kind of stripe.

That's it. In essence, it'd be the original unis but with sleeve logos instead of stripes. They'd have one of the top looks in the league.

As for the Rams, I'd like to see a concept of their old blue and white look but with the ram horns on the jerseys and yellow trim added to the mix - trim only, not the yellow helmet and pants they've worn before. Their blue and white sets were underrated IMO.

3246436.jpg

4378208.jpg

Tough to find a decent color shot of the blue jerseys. Interesting that the sleeve stripes look like the Cowboys', but I guess given the timing it's really the other way around.

roman-gabriel-8x10-0906.jpg

These were pretty damn sharp too though...

4764244.jpg

There's one thing about uniforms' visual impact that has, sadly, largely gone away. It's much more rare to see unis in bright sunlight given the number of domes and night games today. It definitely takes something away. I look at this pic and think we're missing something not getting to sit outside and watch football on a sunny afternoon. It's not so much the pic itself or the subject, but the light and the glittering in the crowd just conveys the ambience IMO.

3245946.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

283851_10150326218635659_72631215658_9998736_8059565_n.jpg

Look at that nice seam going across the front and touching the collar (which is a standard width all across). THAT IS A :censored:ING FOOTBALL TEMPLATE. With new uniforms, including Buffalo's being designed with new horrible PERFORMANCE!!1! templates in mind, and other teams such as the Bears having all players converted to the batwing template, it is refreshing to see a traditional template again, even if it's just on a practice jersey. As far as I know, the Eagles might be the only team which uses this template for every player.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

"One of my all-time favorite uniforms! Modernize the sleeve stripe, add white trim around the numbers, and this is would be the best look in the NFL"

You have strange tastes.

Those Rams yellow uniforms looked bad, even when they were "in".

The Rams uniforms and color scheme now is modern-day. Those yellow things belong in the hamper.

Look at that nice seam going across the front and touching the collar (which is a standard width all across). THAT IS A :censored:ING FOOTBALL TEMPLATE. With new uniforms, including Buffalo's being designed with new horrible PERFORMANCE!!1! templates in mind, and other teams such as the Bears having all players converted to the batwing template, it is refreshing to see a traditional template again, even if it's just on a practice jersey. As far as I know, the Eagles might be the only team which uses this template for every player.

Several Eagles players have (or have had) custom templated jerseys. You can sort of see it here with Brian Dawkins - it's almost like a batwing template. Some of the linemen had a more obvious version of it but it's still a minority of the players.

Dawkins.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

"One of my all-time favorite uniforms! Modernize the sleeve stripe, add white trim around the numbers, and this is would be the best look in the NFL"

You have strange tastes.

Those Rams yellow uniforms looked bad, even when they were "in".

The Rams uniforms and color scheme now is modern-day. Those yellow things belong in the hamper.

Man, I love it when you use the term "in".

Archived