2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

I think it was official when he got blasted by the Padres 2 weeks ago.

Interesting how much camera time he's gotten on the Showtime show, too. He made avocado eggs, mugged for the camera in his bathroom mirror, and said he's done with proving himself and he blames God or something for being so bad. I guess he's just thinking about that restaurant he wants to open.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Yankees have to give up any prospects for Rodriguez it would be a stupid move. I don't know why the Yankees feel the need to make deadline deals year after year- they are never worth it.

You mean Austin Kearns didn't pan out last summer?

lol, Kerry Wood wasn't too bad from the Tribe

Yeah, Wood was a good pickup, but I'm talking more about Cashman going after these mediocre players who in reality have very little to contribute. Rodriguez is 7-7 with a 3.47 ERA in the NL Central. No thanks.

I've yet to see any reports the Yankees are seriously considering trading for Wandy.

If the Astros keep trading guys like this, the line-up card is going to look pretty funky for today's game against the Crew.

@cfly #Astros lineup: 2B Altuve, SS Barmes, CF Bourgeois, 1B Lee, RF Michaels, LF Martinez, 3B Johnson, C Corporan.

That's a line-up that several AAA teams would demolish.

Tweet from Buster Olney:

Realignment has been approved; Astros moving to the Pacific Coast League. (just kidding...)

EDIT: ESTONES beat me to it.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

If the Astros keep trading guys like this, the line-up card is going to look pretty funky for today's game against the Crew.

@cfly #Astros lineup: 2B Altuve, SS Barmes, CF Bourgeois, 1B Lee, RF Michaels, LF Martinez, 3B Johnson, C Corporan.

That's a line-up that several AAA teams would demolish.

Tweet from Buster Olney:

Realignment has been approved; Astros moving to the Pacific Coast League. (just kidding...)

EDIT: ESTONES beat me to it.

Conflicting reports. Could be Mike Adams.

CONFIRMED: Mike Adams... NOT Heath Bell.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Verlander is throwing a no-no through 6.1. Just thought I would talk about it.

Through 7 innings now.

C'mon Halos. I know it's Verlander, but you can't waste Weaver's starts. One no-hitter is fine this week :P

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Yeah 2 walks for Justin Verlander and his no hitter. I wonder if he can keep up this no hitter.

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

If the Yankees have to give up any prospects for Rodriguez it would be a stupid move. I don't know why the Yankees feel the need to make deadline deals year after year- they are never worth it.

You mean Austin Kearns didn't pan out last summer?

lol, Kerry Wood wasn't too bad from the Tribe

Yeah, Wood was a good pickup, but I'm talking more about Cashman going after these mediocre players who in reality have very little to contribute. Rodriguez is 7-7 with a 3.47 ERA in the NL Central. No thanks.

I've yet to see any reports the Yankees are seriously considering trading for Wandy.

The Wandy to New York talks are dead, but there is now a chance that he will finish the year above the border. I love following the Blue Jays near the trade deadline.

Yankees out of Wandy negotiations. Houston won't pay any of the $40M+ left on his contract. If he gets dealt, Blue Jays could be the landing spot.

Who is the dumb ex-jock in the booth for the Tigers who said, "That's just poor baseball etiquette" for Aybar bunting with Verlander having a no hitter? Seriously? I thought bunting was part of the game. Until you take bunting out of the game, then all the morons who say that bunting in a no hitter is wrong (especially when it's close) need to shut their whiney traps. I can understand being upset about Weaver throwing at the head of the guy who followed Guillen's bush-league clowning around antics, but hey, when you have a clown like Guillen that should be expected. Now what are the people saying that Verlander's routine/head was screwed with from Aybar's bunt? I knew as soon as Aybar bunted and got on, that Verlander was rattled and would give up the no hitter. It's now 3-2. You play to win the game. Sorry baseball etiquette people, it's about winning, not the friggin' no hitter.

I almost shed tears when Verlander gave that baby up. Classless by Weaver.

Classless by Weaver? Classless by Ordonez for running his mouth after he flied out. Classless by Guillen x10 for standing and watching, flicking the bat, walking, spitting at Weaver, skipping down the line, staring Weaver down, and then running his mouth as he rounded first.

Take off them homer blinders, son. It wasn't a baby hit... it was a line drive. Come on now... Get off your knees.

Classless by Weaver? Classless by Ordonez for running his mouth after he flied out. Classless by Guillen x10. Take off them homer blinders, son. It wasn't a baby hit... it was a line drive. Come on now, get off your knees.

Maggs was only watching his ball to see if it would stay fair. Guillen didn't start anything, he watched his ball as most would do while Weaver ran his mouth. The replay of the situation showed Guillen not even opening his mouth. Stay classy, Weaver. By baby, I meant the no-hitter.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Classless by Weaver? Classless by Ordonez for running his mouth after he flied out. Classless by Guillen x10. Take off them homer blinders, son. It wasn't a baby hit... it was a line drive. Come on now, get off your knees.

Maggs was only watching his ball to see if it would stay fair. Guillen didn't start anything, he watched his ball as most would do while Weaver ran his mouth. The replay of the situation showed Guillen not even opening his mouth. Stay classy, Weaver. By baby, I meant the no-hitter.

Whoa there Junior... wipe your mouth. Ordonez "watched" if it was fair or foul, then flicked his bat. Whatever, I don't care about that. His next time up, he flied out, ran towards the mound and was mouthing off to Weaver. Ordonez being classless there.

Guillen hit the HR, stood there and watched it, flipped his bat, started to walk, starred down Weaver, then SPIT at Weaver, then skipped down the line, as he rounded first turned and was barking at Weaver. If you are going to cite class, tell it like it is.

Brush off your knees, boy.

Guillen was just as much at fault as Weaver. He stood at home plate and watched the ball leave the park then stared down Weaver on his way to first. Weaver was obviously upset about that. That's why Weaver was running his mouth. I'm with ESTONES on this one.

Archived