2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

I almost shed tears when Verlander gave that baby up. Classless by Weaver.

Classless by Weaver? Classless by Ordonez for running his mouth after he flied out. Classless by Guillen x10. Take off them homer blinders, son. It wasn't a baby hit... it was a line drive. Come on now, get off your knees.

Maggs was only watching his ball to see if it would stay fair. Guillen didn't start anything, he watched his ball as most would do while Weaver ran his mouth. The replay of the situation showed Guillen not even opening his mouth. Stay classy, Weaver. By baby, I meant the no-hitter.

Whoa there Junior... wipe your mouth. Ordonez "watched" if it was fair or foul, then flicked his bat. Whatever, I don't care about that. His next time up, he flied out, ran towards the mound and was mouthing off to Weaver. Ordonez being classless there.

Guillen hit the HR, stood there and watched it, flipped his bat, started to walk, starred down Weaver, then SPIT at Weaver, then skipped down the line, as he rounded first turned and was barking at Weaver. If you are going to cite class, tell it like it is.

Brush off your knees, boy.

He spit at him? From the line down to first? He was staring Weaver down because he was running his mouth. That's hard to ignore. Also, who doesn't flip their bat after a HR? You expect him to promptly hand to the bat boy or calmly set it down? Regardless, he didn't have to throw it at Avila's head. That was a little too much. Also, how are the Royals looking today?

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can assure you that Weaver NEVER does stuff like that. That was brought on by Guillen's classless stand at the plate, stare down Weaver, then tossing the bat. Go back and watch that nonsense again. Weaver was yelling back at Guillen for being a douche and staring him down. And it wasn't your simple bat flip. Go back and watch the video, kid. I don't think I've ever seen Weave that mad before.

And as far as a bunt in a no-hitter, why the hell not? Sure it's chinsy, but you're not getting a bat on the ball any other way, so why not try? Like oddball said (wait, what?), it's about trying to win the game. To win, you've got to score runs. To score runs, you've got to get baserunners. That's all Aybar is trying to do.

And yeah it probably got to Verlander and he gave one up. :censored: happens.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I don't care about the bunt, that's baseball. I'm done arguing about this, I could go forever. Anyways, great game by Verlander and Weaver pitched nice as well. Fun game to watch.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Classless by Weaver? Classless by Ordonez for running his mouth after he flied out. Classless by Guillen x10. Take off them homer blinders, son. It wasn't a baby hit... it was a line drive. Come on now, get off your knees.

Maggs was only watching his ball to see if it would stay fair. Guillen didn't start anything, he watched his ball as most would do while Weaver ran his mouth. The replay of the situation showed Guillen not even opening his mouth. Stay classy, Weaver. By baby, I meant the no-hitter.

Whoa there Junior... wipe your mouth. Ordonez "watched" if it was fair or foul, then flicked his bat. Whatever, I don't care about that. His next time up, he flied out, ran towards the mound and was mouthing off to Weaver. Ordonez being classless there.

Guillen hit the HR, stood there and watched it, flipped his bat, started to walk, starred down Weaver, then SPIT at Weaver, then skipped down the line, as he rounded first turned and was barking at Weaver. If you are going to cite class, tell it like it is.

Brush off your knees, boy.

He spit at him? From the line down to first? He was staring Weaver down because he was running his mouth. That's hard to ignore. Also, who doesn't flip their bat after a HR? You expect him to promptly hand to the bat boy or calmly set it down? Regardless, he didn't have to throw it at Avila's head. That was a little too much. Also, how are the Royals looking today?

I'm not the one throwing out "classless." Tell it like it is. Ordonez started it, Weaver continued it, Guillen blew it way out of proportion, Weaver finished it. I'm not condoning throwing at someone's head... but I'm also not being a hypocrite.

Flip your bat, whatever. But you don't stand still and watch it... then walk and watch it... then SPIT at the pitcher... then SKIP and watch it... and THEN bark at the pitcher as your round first.

On second thought... keep those homer blinders on... you don't want to get any spray in your eyes.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

So the Indians have 4 in Boston and 3 in Texas... who wants to take bets on the Tribe's record over the next 7? I'll make a play for 2-5.

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Ryan Ludwick a Pirate

I love watching Tony LaRussa's mistakes coming back to haunt him.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Ryan Ludwick a Pirate

I like what the Pirates are doing here. Marginal moves that might get them a game or two in the long run but doesn't at ALL touch their talented core of prospects.

Yes, that's similar to what the Indians did... er, wait a second...

Good for the Pirates getting someone, weren't they close to getting Derrick Lee? Ludwick, is much better, and I hope they can continue to do well and make the playoffs.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Ryan Ludwick a Pirate

the pirates shocking the world with this blockbuster move!!!!!!!

...not

It just cracks me up that you hate on the Pirates like that. Do you have any idea how silly you look? They're the Pirates dude. There is not one good reason to hate that team.

BB52Big.jpg

It just cracks me up that you hate on the Pirates like that. Do you have any idea how silly you look? They're the Pirates dude. There is not one good reason to hate that team.

He's a Cleveland homer. His ilk still whines about "LEBRICK THE PRINCE'S BETRAYAL!!!!111one" from over a year ago and laps up vindictive crap from the likes of Skip Bayless. Are you expecting tact?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

He's a Cleveland homer. His ilk still whines about "LEBRICK THE PRINCE'S BETRAYAL!!!!111one" from over a year ago and laps up vindictive crap from the likes of Skip Bayless. Are you expecting tact?

Wait, aren't you the guy who brings up year-old stuff when making personal attacks against other members on the boards? I don't think you have a foot to stand on here.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Archived