2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Texas Rangers want to ban the wave.

http://espn.go.com/e...ndex?id=6816167

Stupid, if people say they are being prodded to do the wave and it's ruining their experience, ignore them and enjoy the game, you don't have to do the wave if you don't want to. But don't ban the wave because of those couple that ruin the experience for everyone else.

So why isn't Guillen suspended for taunting? We all know the jack-off was taunting. Hell, for six games, if I was Weaver, I would've asked the ump for the ball nicely and then waited until that Grade A punk Guillen got to home plate, and then I would've drilled the SOB in the back like he deserves.

With the suspensions handed out, I suppose I'll chime in on the Angels/Tigers game from Sunday.

Did Weaver deserve 6 games? Without question. That's a start. He deserved it. That said, I'm fine with him throwing at a batter...obviously Avila was the unfortunate dude after Guillen. I'm not positive Scioscia deserved a suspension, but in order to keep consistent with suspending/fining managers with their players, it makes sense.

Did Guillen or Magglio deserve fine/suspension? Absolutely not for Magglio. Part of me wants to say yes to Guillen, but he didn't really violate a "rule", per se. He violated "baseball code", if there is such a thing, but what he did didn't deserve a suspension. He deserved the fastball aimed at Avila's head, but I think Weaver knew he wouldn't face Guillen again. Carlos probably owes Avila a few steak dinners.

The bunt: Bush League? Absolutely not. I think we've established the fact that Aybar bunting is just good baseball. Plus, we all know Verlander threw that ball away on purpose :D (before someone jumps on this statement.... :D = joke.) If I were Verlander, you bet I would've sailed that ball into the 4th row to save my no-hitter. I'll give Verlander the benefit of the doubt here. I don't think that warranted Verlander threatening to throw at Aybar from the dugout. I realize Aybar bumped Verlander while running home, but I don't necessarily think that was just for the sake of getting a shot in on Verlander. That's not saying Aybar hit him out of spite/situation, but I saw it more as hard baserunning than a dirty play.

Did Maggs watch his HR I do believe that part of that was checking fair or foul, but start your trot. Weaver definitely blew this one a bit out of proportion in my opinion, but I do think he had a reason to be upset.

I'm hoping the Indians hold muscle memory from last night. That's the team that went 30-15 in April.

Our defense hurt us tonight. No way that first run should have scored. Walk, error on what should have been a double play, hit, passed ball. I think it went like that? But really it was gift wrapped for them. Also not sure why Acta pulled Huff? only to replace him with R-Perez who gave up the tying run. But not making excuses, we're playing well against one of the best offensive teams in the league. Win the series, or even split it and we'll be in good shape.

I'm excited to see guys like Kipnis and Carrera hitting well. Even Fukudome has been playing a bit better and when Choo comes back I can see this team really starting to heat up.

With the suspensions handed out, I suppose I'll chime in on the Angels/Tigers game from Sunday.

Did Weaver deserve 6 games? Without question. That's a start. He deserved it. That said, I'm fine with him throwing at a batter...obviously Avila was the unfortunate dude after Guillen. I'm not positive Scioscia deserved a suspension, but in order to keep consistent with suspending/fining managers with their players, it makes sense.

Agreed. Throwing at the head is unacceptable. The shot to the back or hip would be fine.

Did Guillen or Magglio deserve fine/suspension? Absolutely not for Magglio. Part of me wants to say yes to Guillen, but he didn't really violate a "rule", per se. He violated "baseball code", if there is such a thing, but what he did didn't deserve a suspension. He deserved the fastball aimed at Avila's head, but I think Weaver knew he wouldn't face Guillen again. Carlos probably owes Avila a few steak dinners.

Apparently Guillen was backing up Ordonez, but we never will know. Guillen over played the situation.

The bunt: Bush League? Absolutely not. I think we've established the fact that Aybar bunting is just good baseball. Plus, we all know Verlander threw that ball away on purpose :D (before someone jumps on this statement.... :D = joke.) If I were Verlander, you bet I would've sailed that ball into the 4th row to save my no-hitter. I'll give Verlander the benefit of the doubt here. I don't think that warranted Verlander threatening to throw at Aybar from the dugout. I realize Aybar bumped Verlander while running home, but I don't necessarily think that was just for the sake of getting a shot in on Verlander. That's not saying Aybar hit him out of spite/situation, but I saw it more as hard baserunning than a dirty play.

Agree, its not like Vernon Wells was bunting. Aybar has speed and that is part of the game.

Did Maggs watch his HR I do believe that part of that was checking fair or foul, but start your trot. Weaver definitely blew this one a bit out of proportion in my opinion, but I do think he had a reason to be upset.

Yeah, Weaver had to have taken that the wrong way. Not once, did Magglio turn his head at Weaver.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

This Goldschmidt is looking like a beast. He'll be getting more attention soon. If he turns out to be last year's Posey then the Giants could end up as last year's Padres.

On a side note, I listened to the Arizona radio feed of last night's game. The name "DBacks" is so unfortunate. "And at the end of 6, it's 2-1 DBacks." Very awkward to say and listen to.

This Goldschmidt is looking like a beast. He'll be getting more attention soon. If he turns out to be last year's Posey then the Giants could end up as last year's Padres.

On a side note, I listened to the Arizona radio feed of last night's game. The name "DBacks" is so unfortunate. "And at the end of 6, it's 2-1 DBacks." Very awkward to say and listen to.

Phoenix, it's like second nature to hear the name "Dbacks" and Diamondbacks in the same sentence at times. I will agree with Goldschmidt though. He's going to be a great addition to Young and Upton for years to come.

A-Rod meet Pete Rose, Pete meet A-Rod you two will make a good pair on the bet their way out of baseball tour.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/6830659/mlb-suspend-alex-rodriguez-illegal-poker

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived