2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

Delerious stupor strikes again. 6 games is not any kind of sample and says absolutely nothing. Wow. You are really :censored:ing terrible at this.

It's not over yet but this ballpark just oozes errors doesn't it?

yeah I'm going to spend my whole Saturday looking up stats and arguing with a person named bruschimania with a stupid avatar

gotta love tigger fans

I think he's a rangers fan. I like the Rangers though; was cheering for Ron Washington against the Yanks.

The Indians better shape the :censored: up before Detroit.

Don't worry dude, we'll be fine. Masterson and Jimenez are pitching for us in that series. I wish Tomlin was pitching that series, but maybe a return by Choo is on the horizon??

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Delerious stupor strikes again. 6 games is not any kind of sample and says absolutely nothing. Wow. You are really :censored:ing terrible at this.

yeah I'm going to spend my whole Saturday looking up stats and arguing with a person named bruschimania with a stupid avatar

gotta love tigger fans

I think he's a rangers fan. I like the Rangers though; was cheering for Ron Washington against the Yanks.

Don't worry dude, we'll be fine. Masterson and Jimenez are pitching for us in that series. I wish Tomlin was pitching that series, but maybe a return by Choo is on the horizon??

I'm beginning to think they just don't give a :censored:. No emotion, no execution. They're just going through the motions and maybe it's just the heat but it's pissing me off.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

gotta love tigger fans

I'm beginning to think they just don't give a :censored:. No emotion, no execution. They're just going through the motions and maybe it's just the heat but it's pissing me off.

I feel like they are all trying to do it all themselves. So many pop outs and strikeouts, like each guy is trying to win the game by himself and hit a bunch of home runs. Hit for singles, it's all we need. Same with errors, Texas never would have taken the lead if not for the error that was a result of ACab trying to turn a 2bagger instead of just getting the force at 2nd

Keep the faith we're going to be playing in October! Plus look on the bright side, at least we're not the Pirates!!! hahaha

Holy JESUS. Is Manny finally playing small ball! Thank GOD!

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

That fastball that Lonnie hit was 99MPH. WOW.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

The only bad thing is that Texas will answer

Michael Brantley is CLUTCH. I'd like to see Texas play "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye" when Feliz walked to the dugout haha just like they did when Carmona & Jimenez left

The only bad thing is that Texas will answer

Michael Brantley is CLUTCH

It's like I'm watching the April team.

I hope Kipnis keeps this up. He is amazing; save for those errors.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

What's with this board and Cleveland fans? It was annoying when it was only the Browns and Cavs, but now it's expanding to baseball too.

And to stay on topic, the Cubs are on a 7 game win streak. The only bad part is that it could be enough to save Quade's job.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

What's with this board and Cleveland fans? It was annoying when it was only the Browns and Cavs, but now it's expanding to baseball too.

infrared got suspended and with his loss we ran out of sane Cleveland fans. I just wish they'd find some other Cleveland-focused forum to have their group therapy circle jerk.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

And to stay on topic, the Cubs are on a 7 game win streak. The only bad part is that it could be enough to save Quade's job.

I didn't realize it was a

"2011 MLB Season Thread (but not Cleveland lol)"

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

Yeah it's okay when everyone is talking about the Yanks or Sox, but when the Indians come up everyone gets bent out of shape. Make an all-cleveland thread if you want I don't care haha. Then I wouldn't have to read about the Giants or Phillies teams I couldn't care less about!

About Infared, I think he had a Pirates sig so he doesn't count. Even if he claimed to be a Cleveland fan, you can't like them too.

To wonder when its okay to accept that its okay to jump off a sinking ship? Well CHockey is still hopeful for second place I guess.

Because only flakes don't stick with their team?

There are still 50 games left. To accredit 1st place to the Tigers as of now is just as dumb as most Indians fans were when they were 30-15.

If I could offer some advice. Just ignore them man, it's not worth it really.

The Tribe is alright and there are still plenty of games left. It was Ubaldo's first start and with all of the mental aspects factoring in, I'm pleased with it and he still put us in a position to win. The game was lost by the bullpen. I don't think Carmona can get us a win tonight, so chances are we might fall back to 5 games. But we still have 3-4? series left against Detroit that will make or break the season. On paper we are a much better team, only time will tell if this young team will be able to overcome the injuries. As far as Manny Acta goes, he is a great manager. We're keeping faith! It's not called Believeland for nothing

I don't think the Tribe are better on paper. I'll take M. Cabrera over Laporta, Guillen over Kipnis, Peralta over A. Cabrera, Betemit over Chisenhall, Avila over Santana, Martinez over Hafner, Verlander over Jimenez and so on. The only thing that would keep them out of the playoffs, is the bullpen. (and of course, Brad Penny)

okay keep telling yourself that...

I'll let my team do the talking in a few days

All I'm saying is that the only advantage the Indians have over the Tigers is their bullpen. Not biased, it's the truth. I don't see the Tribe making a run this year unless the bats seriously heat up to compete with the Tigers.

You can't possibly think Peralta's better than Cabrera. As well as Avila over Santana. The dude's pounding the ball.

But in general, you're right. The Tigers are a mediocre ballclub and the Tribe are still a bad team. While I hope the Tribe can pull it out, they won't. Chris Perez doesn't have a save in the last three weeks, and the bullpen's given up 3 walk-offs in four games. The Tigers'll win by default.

(Spoken from a rational Cleveland fan's point of view.)

Peralta and Cabrera are around the same power numbers, but Peralta is overall a better contact hitter. Also, Prealta has half the number of errors. Also, I wouldn't call the Tigers mediocre.

The Tigers are the seventh-best team in a fourteen-team league. That's the definition of mediocre, dude.

6fQjS3M.png

Yeah it's okay when everyone is talking about the Yanks or Sox, but when the Indians come up everyone gets bent out of shape. Make an all-cleveland thread if you want I don't care haha. Then I wouldn't have to read about the Giants or Phillies teams I couldn't care less about!

About Infared, I think he had a Pirates sig so he doesn't count. Even if he claimed to be a Cleveland fan, you can't like them too.

So he's a CLINO I take it?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Thaaaaanks Cleeeevelaaaand

Not so fast, speedy... Anaheim still needed to win, which they didn't last night. :D

I will say this though... These two Cleveland fans are quite entertaining. Between vmd9 and TheClevelandHockey, this topic is now worth a few laughs every time I read it.

:censored:ing Ron Washington. Just because he's your "closer" doesn't mean he should throw three consecutive days especially when he threw over an innIng the night before.

Can your closer at least get through a non-save situation?

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

:censored:ing Ron Washington. Just because he's your "closer" doesn't mean he should throw three consecutive days especially when he threw over an innIng the night before.

Can your closer at least get through a non-save situation?

He did the night prior, although he doesn't have a lot of chances. Warsh is :censored:ing OBSESSED with roles, regardless of if the pitcher should truly be available or not.

Archived