2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

To wonder when its okay to accept that its okay to jump off a sinking ship? Well CHockey is still hopeful for second place I guess.

Because only flakes don't stick with their team?

There are still 50 games left. To accredit 1st place to the Tigers as of now is just as dumb as most Indians fans were when they were 30-15.

If I could offer some advice. Just ignore them man, it's not worth it really.

The Tribe is alright and there are still plenty of games left. It was Ubaldo's first start and with all of the mental aspects factoring in, I'm pleased with it and he still put us in a position to win. The game was lost by the bullpen. I don't think Carmona can get us a win tonight, so chances are we might fall back to 5 games. But we still have 3-4? series left against Detroit that will make or break the season. On paper we are a much better team, only time will tell if this young team will be able to overcome the injuries. As far as Manny Acta goes, he is a great manager. We're keeping faith! It's not called Believeland for nothing

I don't think the Tribe are better on paper. I'll take M. Cabrera over Laporta, Guillen over Kipnis, Peralta over A. Cabrera, Betemit over Chisenhall, Avila over Santana, Martinez over Hafner, Verlander over Jimenez and so on. The only thing that would keep them out of the playoffs, is the bullpen. (and of course, Brad Penny)

okay keep telling yourself that...

I'll let my team do the talking in a few days

All I'm saying is that the only advantage the Indians have over the Tigers is their bullpen. Not biased, it's the truth. I don't see the Tribe making a run this year unless the bats seriously heat up to compete with the Tigers.

You can't possibly think Peralta's better than Cabrera. As well as Avila over Santana. The dude's pounding the ball.

But in general, you're right. The Tigers are a mediocre ballclub and the Tribe are still a bad team. While I hope the Tribe can pull it out, they won't. Chris Perez doesn't have a save in the last three weeks, and the bullpen's given up 3 walk-offs in four games. The Tigers'll win by default.

(Spoken from a rational Cleveland fan's point of view.)

Peralta and Cabrera are around the same power numbers, but Peralta is overall a better contact hitter. Also, Prealta has half the number of errors. Also, I wouldn't call the Tigers mediocre.

The Tigers are the seventh-best team in a fourteen-team league. That's the definition of mediocre, dude.

What are you going off? Record wise, they're fifth. Cleveland is seventh. All that matters is wins, so I'm just hoping they hold this lead and get into the playoffs.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To wonder when its okay to accept that its okay to jump off a sinking ship? Well CHockey is still hopeful for second place I guess.

Because only flakes don't stick with their team?

There are still 50 games left. To accredit 1st place to the Tigers as of now is just as dumb as most Indians fans were when they were 30-15.

If I could offer some advice. Just ignore them man, it's not worth it really.

The Tribe is alright and there are still plenty of games left. It was Ubaldo's first start and with all of the mental aspects factoring in, I'm pleased with it and he still put us in a position to win. The game was lost by the bullpen. I don't think Carmona can get us a win tonight, so chances are we might fall back to 5 games. But we still have 3-4? series left against Detroit that will make or break the season. On paper we are a much better team, only time will tell if this young team will be able to overcome the injuries. As far as Manny Acta goes, he is a great manager. We're keeping faith! It's not called Believeland for nothing

I don't think the Tribe are better on paper. I'll take M. Cabrera over Laporta, Guillen over Kipnis, Peralta over A. Cabrera, Betemit over Chisenhall, Avila over Santana, Martinez over Hafner, Verlander over Jimenez and so on. The only thing that would keep them out of the playoffs, is the bullpen. (and of course, Brad Penny)

okay keep telling yourself that...

I'll let my team do the talking in a few days

All I'm saying is that the only advantage the Indians have over the Tigers is their bullpen. Not biased, it's the truth. I don't see the Tribe making a run this year unless the bats seriously heat up to compete with the Tigers.

You can't possibly think Peralta's better than Cabrera. As well as Avila over Santana. The dude's pounding the ball.

But in general, you're right. The Tigers are a mediocre ballclub and the Tribe are still a bad team. While I hope the Tribe can pull it out, they won't. Chris Perez doesn't have a save in the last three weeks, and the bullpen's given up 3 walk-offs in four games. The Tigers'll win by default.

(Spoken from a rational Cleveland fan's point of view.)

Peralta and Cabrera are around the same power numbers, but Peralta is overall a better contact hitter. Also, Prealta has half the number of errors. Also, I wouldn't call the Tigers mediocre.

The Tigers are the seventh-best team in a fourteen-team league. That's the definition of mediocre, dude.

What are you going off? Record wise, they're fifth. Cleveland is seventh. All that matters is wins, so I'm just hoping they hold this lead and get into the playoffs.

But talent-wise, the Tigers are worse than the Rays and Jays, Detroit just happens to play an easier schedule.

As for the Indians? They have the 10th-best team in the AL, also behind Chicago and Minnesota. Their play since starting 30-15 suggests this.

6fQjS3M.png

What's with this board and Cleveland fans? It was annoying when it was only the Browns and Cavs, but now it's expanding to baseball too.

It's not just the board. They're like this in real life too.

PvO6ZWJ.png

What's with this board and Cleveland fans? It was annoying when it was only the Browns and Cavs, but now it's expanding to baseball too.

Do Cincy and Cleveland dislike each other or something?

I liked this thread a lot better when it was just that annoying Yankees fan pissing everyone off, people bitching about Boston fans, and Tnak's nonsensical incoherent ramblings every time the Mets do something dumb, which is always.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yeah this coming from someone in Columbus...

and a Bobcats fan too

now that's a winner!

and a Bobcats fan too

now that's a winner!

So, he's from Columbus. He probably likes the team to the south before the Bobcats. Just as I like Central Michigan after Michigan.

So, he's from Columbus. He probably likes the team to the south before the Bobcats. Just as I like Central Michigan after Michigan.

I know I wonder if he has lots of tattoos?? The funny thing is even 1-11 Akron had more wins last year than the grey and red team bahahaha

and a Bobcats fan too

now that's a winner!

I know I wonder if he has lots of tattoos?? The funny thing is even 1-11 Akron had more wins last year than the grey and red team bahahaha

Haha, too bad they go under more punishment.

Delerious stupor strikes again. 6 games is not any kind of sample and says absolutely nothing. Wow. You are really :censored:ing terrible at this.

Did you say the same thing when the Rangers lost in the World Series last year? That was completed in only 5 games.

I didn't realize it was a

"2011 MLB Season Thread (but not Cleveland lol)"

It would kick ass if we can add the part in red to the thread's title!

Mods....make it happen.

Delerious stupor strikes again. 6 games is not any kind of sample and says absolutely nothing. Wow. You are really :censored:ing terrible at this.

Did you say the same thing when the Rangers lost in the World Series last year? That was completed in only 5 games.

Haha best comeback ever

I have... several times, in fact. And it went both ways. The Rays were easily a better team over 162 games than the Rangers last year. Over 5 games, where the depth isn't as important and it's more about individual matchups and a lot less about what makes a team great over the course of a season. The playoffs are never about who is genuinely the better team... it's about who's playing hotter at that moment. Just look at the Rockies a few years ago... not a great team, but a team that played great at the right time.

So at what point did the madness set in for you as a MAC fan. I'm trying to figure out what the despair event horizon is for you guys.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Do Cincy and Cleveland dislike each other or something?

It's a friendly thing. They're the southerners and we're the northerners, simple as that.

It's amazing how butthurt everyone is that we love our teams. If they were sellout lifeless asshats like the Yankees and Redsox, would that make it better? Talk about discrimination.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

I have... several times, in fact. And it went both ways. The Rays were easily a better team over 162 games than the Rangers last year. Over 5 games, where the depth isn't as important and it's more about individual matchups and a lot less about what makes a team great over the course of a season. The playoffs are never about who is genuinely the better team... it's about who's playing hotter at that moment. Just look at the Rockies a few years ago... not a great team, but a team that played great at the right time.

You know damn well I wasn't referring to a 162-game schedule. I'm talking about a season series (or playoff series) between two teams.

How many games does it take for two teams to keep playing each other for it to be considered a legit sample?

You know damn well I wasn't referring to a 162-game schedule. I'm talking about a season series (or playoff series) between two teams.

How many games does it take for two teams to keep playing each other for it to be considered a legit sample?

It takes enough games for him to win the argument. Like CLE-DET 4-2 isn't enough, let's say the Tribe loses all 3 the series will go to 5-4 he'll say that 9 games is enough...This is why it's pointless to argue with people like him

At the most, teams in the same division play each other... 17 team times or so, right? (pulling that out of my ass, but I think it's something around there) In the course of a season, 17 games is nothing. You look at the best players, they will have stretches of 17 games where they are just :censored:ing dreadful. I don't think head to head records are really worth a :censored:, period, in determining how good a team is, compared to the other.

Outside of a single season, I know the Rangers have won 18 games of the last 22 against the Indians (because someone mentioned it was 18 of 21 on the broadcast last night)... doesn't really mean :censored:, because the games go back to 2009.

That's actually a reason why I love the marathon of a baseball season. In the long run, it doesn't matter who's better in those series... it really reveals who is the better and more deserving team.

Looks like Jose Reyes is heading back to the DL, he's getting an MRI on his left hamstring. Injuries are going to hurt his chances of getting a $100 million dollar contract. Carl Crawford got 7 yrs/$142 million, Reyes if healthy, could of easily matched that.

Archived