2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, any Atlanta fans want to take the time to rub it in my face after the Braves swept the M's?

*sigh* Damn this worst-in-the-AL-at-batting offense...

You should have heard the Atlanta announcers during that series. They were gushing over the Mariners and the talent they have. With that pitching staff, I am proud the Braves took all three. There is nothing to be ashamed of. The Mariners got beat by a really good team. All three games were well-played and very well-pitched on both ends. I'll always cheer for you guys as long as you are not playing the Bravos ;)

That's because the brewers suck

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

OK, any Atlanta fans want to take the time to rub it in my face after the Braves swept the M's?

I'm just looking at their team batting averages now. Is there something in the water up there? How do you hit .227 as a team in today's game?

Ichiro is the only one on the team that is comfortably above .250 You got Chone Figgins hitting .186 with a whopping 1 HR. He was an all-star two years ago in Anaheim. What the hell happened to him?

I'm just looking at their team batting averages now. Is there something in the water up there? How do you hit .227 as a team in today's game?

Ichiro is the only one on the team that is comfortably above .250 You got Chone Figgins hitting .186 with a whopping 1 HR. He was an all-star two years ago in Anaheim. What the hell happened to him?

Is Figgins like that LouiedogstheGenocideGenera guy?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

This has been a problem for the last few seasons. I know last year was historically bad one for the Mariners on offense, and if I knew what it is... I'd tell ya.

A guy like Figgins, who was a big name that they signed, should NOT be hitting less then .200. I think it may have to do with the fact that Safeco is a pitcher friendly park. In the case of Ichiro, the park doesn't really matter... The guy is going to get his 200 hits no matter what.

The weird thing is that they aren't out of it yet. Only 4 games behind Texas in the AL West heading into today's action. The pitching and defense can only get you so far before that begins to falter.

Also, I'm not ashamed that they lost to Atlanta... The Braves are a good team. Is just that they got swept by the Braves after taking 2 out of 3 from Florida in a series in which they were the road team thanks to U2 kicking the Marlins out. The talent is there... They just need to get some sort of focus on offense. A boost of 1-2 more runs a game will help out that pitching staff massively.

A lot of Yankee haters here. :rolleyes:

The Yankees status updates are annoying, even for me.

Maybe you shouldn't read a baseball thread if you don't want to read about a baseball team.

Non-Yankee fans don't care all that much about Yankees-specific news. This:

Curtis Granderson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Austin Jackson

this:

Yankees starting to get healthy. Hughes, Colon, and Jeter should all be back before the break. Soriano just after.

and this:

Bumping this because it got got stuck as the last post on the previous page.

are just annoying.

Yea that mess does get pretty annoying. Yankees fans know what is going on with their team. Don't waste everyone Else's time telling us too. You don't see me posting something every time the Braves get a win, or when Dan Uggla actually gets a hit. Take the hint given to you by fellow bard members and stop while you still can.

Maybe you shouldn't read a baseball thread if you don't want to read about a baseball team.

As you said, it's a baseball thread. Not a Yankees thread.

newsig.jpg

Non-Yankee fans don't care all that much about Yankees-specific news. This:

Curtis Granderson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Austin Jackson

this:

Yankees starting to get healthy. Hughes, Colon, and Jeter should all be back before the break. Soriano just after.

and this:

Bumping this because it got got stuck as the last post on the previous page.

are just annoying.

3 posts. Oh the horror!

I personally don't care about specific news about the Rangers, Indians, Braves, Mariners, Giants, ect... but I don't moan about it, because this is a BASEBALL THREAD.

Yea that mess does get pretty annoying. Yankees fans know what is going on with their team. Don't waste everyone Else's time telling us too. You don't see me posting something every time the Braves get a win, or when Dan Uggla actually gets a hit. Take the hint given to you by fellow bard members and stop while you still can.

Sorry, point out where I have posted about a Yankee win or a player getting a meaningless base hit.

I've posted mostly about players reaching baseball milestones. 3,000 hits, 300 home runs, 600 saves.

As you said, it's a baseball thread. Not a Yankees thread.

Last time I checked the Yankees are a baseball team.

Dude no need to get angry. Personally I don't mind all of the Yankee statuses because I'm a Yankee fan. But I could see how it could be very annoying for someone who doesn't care for them very much. You've got to remember: for every Yankee fan, there are 20 Yankee haters. So since everyone hates the Yankees so much, they're going to get annoyed seeing the Yankees a lot in this thread. No one really hates the Rangers, Indians, Braves, or Mariners, so it doesn't anger them when they see those posts. If I were you I'd just cool down with all of the Yankees news for a while. Let their play do the talking.

Archived