Diamond-Uniforms.com Logo

Osborne

jayjackson3 came to me with a request to do a logo for his website www.diamond-uniforms.com.

I liked the site so I decided to take a shot at doing him a logo.

This is what I have so far. I also need to figure out a way to incorporate the tag line "The project dedicated to documenting every MLB uniform ever worn." C&C please.

Diamond-Uniforms.jpg

Why not check out my blog? Oneoff Nation

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's definitely a nice logo. The only slight complaint I have is that it's called diamond uniforms yet you have a home plate (and i.e. pentagon) as your representative shape for the logo. I feel like it would make more sense to have a diamond (maybe with bases and home plate shown within the diamond) surrounding the D rather than a home plate. But then again, what makes more sense doesn't always look better and especially adding the bases and diamond may make it look too cluttered. It's just something to think about and maybe play around with. Nice work.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

It's definitely a nice logo. The only slight complaint I have is that it's called diamond uniforms yet you have a home plate (and i.e. pentagon) as your representative shape for the logo. I feel like it would make more sense to have a diamond (maybe with bases and home plate shown within the diamond) surrounding the D rather than a home plate. But then again, what makes more sense doesn't always look better and especially adding the bases and diamond may make it look too cluttered. It's just something to think about and maybe play around with. Nice work.

He definitely brings up a good point. And I think the logo will still work with a baseball diamond instead of home plate.

And I also agree with shortening the tage-line. I know that's not your call, but maybe incorporate the tag under the logo and give him both options.

gYH2mW9.png

First of all, I think it's a fantastic logo. It is very well done. It was my idea for the home plate. But Osborne, if you think you can make an actual baseball diamond work, please do it. The center piece without the bats and ribbon would make an excellent secondary logo. Thanks and I look forward to seeing what else you come up with.

BTW, the slogan does not necessarily have to be incorporated in the design. But that is your call.

To me, it doesnt bother me at all that there is a home plate in here even if the name is Diamond Uniforms. I dont think it would cross most people's mind when they look at this although your comment makes perfect sense. I think diamonds, bats, and balls are used way more often in logos than homeplate so I like it.

Option 3 is money in the bank--almost.

Really only one thing is bugging me about those concepts: the banner. See where it connects on the inside behind the diamond? Right there the two sides seem to bend back down, making it seem to me as if they're two separate pieces rather than just one whole banner (hope that makes sense--I'm a little anesthesiasctically intoxicated right now). I'd say if you could work that curve to make it appear more natural, then it'd look much better.

Either way, this is WAY better than what I was trying to come up with for the same project--and stupid me didn't even think to use bats. :wacko: Jay, my friend...looks like you're gonna have yourself one heckuva headliner for your blog.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Great eye Buc. I didn't even really notice that until you said something.

logoman, the first one is a product of the pitch I gave Osborne and I love the simplicity of it. The center piece will serve as the secondary logo. So with that being said, perhaps the home plate really is the way to go.

Osborne, thanks for the great job so far. The colors are perfect so you really hit the nail on the head there. The design is outstanding and you have received good critiques from a couple of the best artists on here so only a few more tweaks and it will be all over :)

Another question I have for the panel would be if Copperplate is in fact the best font for the banner. I think it looks good here and I would still be happy if it's the font used. Osborne, I'm only asking because I have seen Copperplate in your work before and it seems to be your 'go-to' font. Nothing wrong with that, I'm just interested in seeing what others think too. Thanks again for the great work.

In this guise, Jay, I think it works pretty well. I don't have the same aversion to Copperplate that others might, however. That said, PNC Park in Pittsburgh does Copperplate right (it's used all around the stadium), and naturally, that's the first thing I thought of upon seeing these concept marks.

Just my two derrty pennies, though.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I have no issues with the copperplate font as jayjackson was wondering. I know its used so often and I dont like it on the new golden state warriors logo, but i think it looks classy for baseball stuff. and here it's not just straight across. it bends with the banners curve so it changes the noticeability of the font.

and 99% of people dont notice fonts quite like we on this board do, so i think its fine.

Archived