College Baseball Uniform Thread

Bmac

So all of this brings up an important question: We see TCU and FIU blatantly modifying MLB wordmarks, yet there doesn't seem to be any repercussions like we see when high school athletic teams doing the same with NFL or MLB material. Why? Are the colleges getting permission to use modified Jays and Padres marks?

And on a similar note, anybody else remember when Creighton used the Blue Jays logos on their baseball unis? Complete with the maple leaf, even?

Maryland does (or did) the same thing (Nats).

anybody see their hideous uniform number font this season:

slideshow_1002077428_rgz_ut_maryland_baseball_02.jpg

personally i like it....maybe not black on black, its nice to see a "vintage" font used in baseball

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So all of this brings up an important question: We see TCU and FIU blatantly modifying MLB wordmarks, yet there doesn't seem to be any repercussions like we see when high school athletic teams doing the same with NFL or MLB material. Why? Are the colleges getting permission to use modified Jays and Padres marks?

And on a similar note, anybody else remember when Creighton used the Blue Jays logos on their baseball unis? Complete with the maple leaf, even?

Maryland does (or did) the same thing (Nats).

anybody see their hideous uniform number font this season:

slideshow_1002077428_rgz_ut_maryland_baseball_02.jpg

personally i like it....maybe not black on black, its nice to see a "vintage" font used in baseball

TCU uses a vintage font on their Sunday throwbacks. That looks like an overstylized pirate font or something.

CalStateTCU008.standalone.prod_affiliate.58.jpg

In most sports I can say Alabama is a well dressed team. Apparently, baseball isn't one of them.

9357551-large.jpg

9357545-large.jpg

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Okay, so which of Bama's coaches played for the Blue Jays in the early '90s?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Change the number font and it'd look fine, IMHO.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Okay, so which of Bama's coaches played for the Blue Jays in the early '90s?

I heard he was a secret member of this board and knew he'd piss someone off by using the better Blue Jays font.

• 2 months later...

Maryland/North Carolina from Saturday. Big time vibes of the early 00s Pirates and the 70s/80s Royals.

Screenshot2011-05-11at62242PM.png

Wow, that is an extremely good-looking pair of uniforms.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Maryland/North Carolina from Saturday. Big time vibes of the early 00s Pirates and the 70s/80s Royals.

Like that UNC set except for the hat. Would look better with a Carolina Blue hat with navy bill.

Like that UNC set except for the hat. Would look better with a Carolina Blue hat with navy bill.

Their old navy hat had a Carolina blue NC logo, and was much better. I think they probably have more hats than anyone (and, hell, maybe any two teams) in college baseball.

Maryland loses point for wearing white pants on the road, and for the ending at the knee stripe.

Maryland loses point for wearing white pants on the road, and for the ending at the knee stripe.

I don't see a problem with wearing white pants on the road when you have a dark jersey. It matches a lot better than wearing gray pants when nothing in the uniform is gray.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I don't see a problem with wearing white pants on the road when you have a dark jersey. It matches a lot better than wearing gray pants when nothing in the uniform is gray.

One of the few things that I get worked up about (related to uniforms) is how college teams tend to wear white on the road. A decent number of colored jerseys don't have grey OR white in them, so I don't really see the point in worrying about "matching."

• 1 month later...

While watching the opening game of the CWS, I've noticed that not all Vanderbilt caps have the American flag on the back. Most do, but a few have not. Odd.

That was the first thing you noticed about Vandy? Not their white tops as the road team? I'm pretty sure we've got two teams in the field (Virginia and Vandy) that don't have any grey in their set, and a third (North Carolina) that all but refuses to wear grey in the postseason.

I really dislike how UVA's jersey font is so different than their hat font, which appears to be the standard UVa logo. I just prefer consistency between the jersey and the hat fonts.

Cal's jersey is too plain for a major university. I guess when your program was almost eliminated, you'll take anything?

savedpictures013-1.jpg

Does North Carolina wear white home jerseys? I've only seen them this year wearing the light blue.

Carolina has a staggering number of uniforms, including at least one white (a faux-vest with carolina blue sleeves and underarm). They wore them against Miami in the ACC Tournament. They tend to dramatically shorten their uniform rotation in the post season. They've also got at least six hats.

Archived