US MNT soccer to add a red third?

Mingjai

USA3rdmain.jpg

Finally a red jersey...but I was hoping for a new design.

As disappointed as I am with the fact that it isn't a new design, I don't mind this at all. Any time the USMNT adds a red uniform, you won't hear any complaints from this guy.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with everybody else about needing white somewhere on the sash, whether it's the outlines or the main part of the sash. Also would have been cool if it was a new design, but typically in American sports, we use the same design for each jersey, and that's something I like so it doesn't bother me.

Like everyone else, I like the fact that there's a red jersey now but think it would look a lot better with some white. One thing that I think the US needs to do is start building an iconic look, and the sash can be that look. They can switch it up the details (like making the sash on the white shirt red or blue instead of gray) every two years or however often they get new uniforms, but keeping a the general design, I think, would help out their visual identity a lot.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The sash on the home kit definitely needs to be darker. It's almost invisible as is.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I like the red one, but I I have the same thing in blue already, I might pass on this one. Its pretty sweet though.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Y'all can sue me for this opinion later (as well as stick this in the "Unpopular Opinions" thread, wherever it may be buried)...but I wasn't a fan of that particular sash design when it first debuted, I wasn't a fan of that particular sash design during last year's FIFA World Cup...and after seeing this RAO jersey here, I'm still not a fan of it. I think my major hang-up is that it's too long...maybe if it wasn't so long top-to-bottom, or maybe not so wide, it might look a little better. But still...good to see the US adding a red alternate shirt to the set. I'm going to guess we're seeing navy shorts and red socks with this.

That said, the U.S. never really has had any kind of definite look. If it's 1950 we (well they--Nike, that is) wanna key off to build one, so be it--I'm all for it. I'm not saying the sash will one day garner the same level of recognition as Argentina's stripes or anything like that...but really, why can't that be a half-feasible goal? Given a few more years, and a few more strong showings in international play, I think Team Sash might just be able to pull if off before ol' man Buc kicks the ol' buc-ket.

Anyways...Go USA!!! :smileyusa::unclesam::flagusa: <<<--- and all that jazz.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Damn that's pretty nice. I'd love it to have the DTOM snake on the sleeve like the Reds from 2002. Plus yes...crest sucks.

I'm forever kicking myself for not picking one of those up when I saw them at Niketown in Chicago back in 2002. Of course I was a poor college student at that time so spending 80 bucks at that time would have me still paying for it on my credit card today...

I can't be the only one who doesn't mind the crest. It's not perfect, but it's not terrible by any means.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

If it was properly colored, it would be fine. As it stands, it looks as though it was created by someone who had heard about the American flag, maybe read about it, but never actually seen one.

It's the football crest version of that old sci-fi chestnut where aliens find a crashed spaceship and put the horribly mangled astronaut back together with his arms where his legs ought to be or something "because they've never seen a human being."

I'm liking these and i think they'll look great with any combination of shorts/socks. I also agree the crest needs updating, i think something really similar to the DTOM crest but with navy insteead of black, no swoosh, change from "US SOCCER" to "USA" and a simplified banner would look great, but sadly this wrong colored, 3 championship representing, stuck in the 90's crest will probably stick for a good while.

If it was properly colored, it would be fine. As it stands, it looks as though it was created by someone who had heard about the American flag, maybe read about it, but never actually seen one.

It's the football crest version of that old sci-fi chestnut where aliens find a crashed spaceship and put the horribly mangled astronaut back together with his arms where his legs ought to be or something "because they've never seen a human being."

Exactly--I think this would be fine (with or without the gold outline):

US-Soccer-update.png

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Needs more than just a recolor, IMO. The flying soccer ball reminds me of a youth league in the 90s. And I think the use of gold AND stars is rather presumptuous, considering the US hasn't won any worldwide trophies. I say go with some variation on the Don't Tread on Me crest.

Needs more than just a recolor, IMO. The flying soccer ball reminds me of a youth league in the 90s. And I think the use of gold AND stars is rather presumptuous, considering the US hasn't won any worldwide trophies. I say go with some variation on the Don't Tread on Me crest.

Stars can be purely decorative. No one complains about the stars on Manchester City's crest. It's clear that they're supposed to represent the stars on the flag, so I see no problem with them.

Archived