US MNT soccer to add a red third?

Mingjai

Glad to see the way this turned out. It's not exactly DTOM, it doesn't have a new crest, and it's not perfect...but it's an A. Especially the overall combo. Simple, clean...solid.

Wow. Two A grades from ol' Git in one day? I need to find out what they slipped into my tea at Jersey Mike's...

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's good to see it on the left sleeve instead of inside a collar. I'd like to see the US do something similar to England or Holland where they put special wording or flags on shirt for big games. Though I think they should save it for all World Cup games and Gold Cup (final only)

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Didn't realize that Brasil has the patent on yellow shirts.

When I see an national team wearing a yellow shirt I don't automatically assume it's Brasil playing. It could be South Africa, Australia, and there's plenty of others.

Teams like Croatia, Holland, and Argentina ... when they wear their main kit, you know who it is that's playing. There's no duplicates on those.

Let me add my 2¢ on the USA kits.

1) I like the gold outline around the logo, alot. There's no overkill there whatsoever.

2) I like the all-white kit. I like the blue shirt (w/out the sash) but with white shorts, not monochrome.

3) Red with black for a US National team, there's nothing American about that color combo. Save 'em for a club football team.

4) Sashes look ridiculous on soccer shirts .... save 'em for beauty pageants please

5) There's no need (other than to bring in extra marketing money) to really have a 3rd shirt. You don't see Brasil or Argentina with a 3rd one. Brasil wears yellow (alot of green trim) w/ blue .... or blue w/ white. Very periodically they'll wear yellow w/ white shorts, but they've always had 2 shirts to choose from, from what I can remember.

If we're gonna wear a 3rd shirt how 'bout making that one a throwback. I myself love that 1994 shirt. Match 'em with white shorts and you'd have one kiss-ass looking kit IMO.

USA-94-AwayM.jpg

It's not black. It's navy blue.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

There's several posts throughout this thread where they're black ... Photoshopped I'm sure.

I saw a few posts and they're dark navy blue.

Either way, they shouldn''t be black, and lose the sash ...

30jtetc.jpg

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Now this one is genuine from last night, red with dark blue pants ...

I personally like us in all-white or blue w/ white ..... can live with these reds once in a while, just lose that sash ............. :wacko:

juan-agudelo-soccer-presswire.jpg

The sash looks great, but I wish the home kit's sash was blue and I wish the home and third kits had two-tone sashes.

There's several posts throughout this thread where they're black ... Photoshopped I'm sure.

I saw a few posts and they're dark navy blue.

Either way, they shouldn''t be black, and lose the sash ...

30jtetc.jpg

That's navy, same as the sash. Is in all the pics.

Some of the pictures were dark, to be sure, but they looked consistently navy.

Can't agree with you on the sash. Think it looks marvelous on a soccer shirt, a brilliant flourish made all the better for Nike not trying to two-tone it by cramming in white, which they did last time.

The sash looks great.

Given that the national team's two most famous moments - beating England in 1950, and Donovan's goal against Algeria last year - happened with a sash, and we've been struggling to find an iconic, recognizable look, I think the sash should become a permanent part of all USMNT uniforms. Make it our trademark. It looks great, and it has historical relevancy for us.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

The sash looks great.

Given that the national team's two most famous moments - beating England in 1950, and Donovan's goal against Algeria last year - happened with a sash, and we've been struggling to find an iconic, recognizable look, I think the sash should become a permanent part of all USMNT uniforms. Make it our trademark. It looks great, and it has historical relevancy for us.

I agree the sash should become a permanent part of the US identity.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my replica in the mail, I like the details on it. Unfortunately the left sleeve does not have the the INDIVISIBLE slogan on it, but the inside back of the neck does have a small navy bar with the snake DOTM logo in gold. ALso, the team shield is outlined in gold which is very subtle but looks better than it would without, imo. If anyone wants crappy cell phone pictures, let me know.

Just got my replica in the mail, I like the details on it. Unfortunately the left sleeve does not have the the INDIVISIBLE slogan on it, but the inside back of the neck does have a small navy bar with the snake DOTM logo in gold. ALso, the team shield is outlined in gold which is very subtle but looks better than it would without, imo. If anyone wants crappy cell phone pictures, let me know.

Sure we want to see pics. Why wouldn't we?!

gYH2mW9.png

Archived