Wizards Concepts

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=79035&st=0

Congrats AAO! Always nice when people recognize the talent around here.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Hm, why do I have the strange feeling that we're going to see somebody steal Ian's work on this logo? Be on your toes, fellas.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Personally, I like the recolored version of the Wizards' existing primary better than any of those concepts.

Also, what I've come to realize is that people are going to make fun of the Wizards' name and logos (pretty much no matter what logo they end up using) until the team is good.

Remember when the Thunder's identity came out? Everyone was making fun of their logos, nickname, and uniforms, and that lasted until the team got good. Now I barely hear anyone make fun of the Thunder in any capacity.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Seeing how I assume they will be changing identities as soon as they're able to, it doesn't make sense to do a rebrand now (that would only be around for 1-2 years). The most logical thing to do is just a recoloring as part of a step forward in the grand scheme of things.

123xa2.png

Why am I not surprised that the only one that's actually usable was created by someone here? Good stuff, AAO!

I assume you mean "aside from 'Zards" right?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Personally, I like the recolored version of the Wizards' existing primary better than any of those concepts.

Also, what I've come to realize is that people are going to make fun of the Wizards' name and logos (pretty much no matter what logo they end up using) until the team is good.

Remember when the Thunder's identity came out? Everyone was making fun of their logos, nickname, and uniforms, and that lasted until the team got good. Now I barely hear anyone make fun of the Thunder in any capacity.

I never had any issue with the name 'Thunder', but their logo and jerseys still suck. I think the reason you're not seeing them slammed as often anymore is that it's simply old news. We got it all out of our systems.

Wizards is a really really terrible name though. Bullets is so much better. I don't care what kind of negative context it carries, it's still not 'Redskins' (note that I don't take any issue with that name either, just stating facts).

And every logo there aside from AAO's is utter garbage. They can't be serious.

I never had any issue with the name 'Thunder', but their logo and jerseys still suck. I think the reason you're not seeing them slammed as often anymore is that it's simply old news. We got it all out of our systems.

Wizards is a really really terrible name though. Bullets is so much better. I don't care what kind of negative context it carries, it's still not 'Redskins' (note that I don't take any issue with that name either, just stating facts).

So the Thunder became old news to bitch about after less than 3 seasons, and the Wizards' issues are still "new" news to bitch about in their 14th season with that name?

It all has to do with the team's performance. If the Thunder were still playing as bad as they did in 2008-09, people would still be ripping them about their uniforms, nickname, logos, etc.

Even AAO's looks very minor league-ish to me... It's nicely done, but idk, i wouldn't want that being our logo.

90758391980.gif

I cringe at those logos and the fact that the creators of the logos call themselves graphic designers, when in fact they prove that they are just amatures at best! Please look at your work before you submit it and have someone honestly critique it, not just your momma who will say, "Good job Johnny!" Then pat you on the head to get you and your crappy designs out of her face!

So the Thunder became old news to bitch about after less than 3 seasons, and the Wizards' issues are still "new" news to bitch about in their 14th season with that name?

The Wizards identity is a hot topic right now because they're getting a makeover. Once their next look is all settled in, no one will be talking about it.

It all has to do with the team's performance. If the Thunder were still playing as bad as they did in 2008-09, people would still be ripping them about their uniforms, nickname, logos, etc.

Um, they still are.

The Wizards identity is a hot topic right now because they're getting a makeover. Once their next look is all settled in, no one will be talking about it.

Um, they still are.

People were making fun of the Wizards' identity well before this makeover began. All I'm saying is that part of the reason people are so quick to make fun of the Wizards is because they suck on the court - that makes it that much easier for people to make fun of other aspects of the team (such as identity).

Some people might still make fun of the Thunder's identity, I guess. But the best way to distract people from a crappy (in some people's opinions) identity is to win. That's what the Thunder have done, and the Wizards haven't.

Archived