Great ambiguous logos

Hathaway Browne

Hope I'm posting this in the right place. Anyway I'm trying to come up with a decent concept for a hockey team called the Tigers, buts its not going so well. I see so many good Tigers logos that its hard to come up with something original.

So I started thinking of switching to something ambiguous. Got me wondering what are the really great primary logos that represent teams named after (usually animals) something but don't actually depict the item in question.

Best examples I thought of so far are the Boston Bruins "B", Chicago Bears "C" and the Detroit Tigers "D".

Any others?

6893352392_587cf4e9eb_n.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if you're looking for college too, but the Michigan "M" came to mind, as well as the Oregon "O".

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Hope I'm posting this in the right place. Anyway I'm trying to come up with a decent concept for a hockey team called the Tigers, buts its not going so well. I see so many good Tigers logos that its hard to come up with something original.

So I started thinking of switching to something ambiguous. Got me wondering what are the really great primary logos that represent teams named after (usually animals) something but don't actually depict the item in question.

Best examples I thought of so far are the Boston Bruins "B", Chicago Bears "C" and the Detroit Tigers "D".

Any others?

Don't you mean the Cincinnati Reds "C"? :P

I don't think teams that have primary logos based on the first initial of their cities are "misguided".

Your definition could be stretched to apply to basically every MLB cap logo as well.

Just because a logo doesn't have a literal representation of the nickname or mascot shouldn't mean it's misguided. Any primary logo that contains either a representation of the mascot OR should be considered appropriate, aesthetics aside.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

And the majority of college logos are going to fit into that category. For the most part, colleges brand themselves more for the school name than the nickname.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

With all the talk of letter logo's, put this together

5544257348_e61f452b35.jpg

There has to be a logo for 'Q' other than the Quaker State logo ^_^

I had to do a project like this for an art class in high school. Pick a subject and something for each letter so I did sports teams.

For the Q I used the Quad City Flames. Kinda cheating but whatever.

bufg.png

There has to be a logo for 'Q' other than the Quaker State logo ^_^

I was waiting for someone to comment on that, ha...... Updated now.

I actually originally had Quinnipiac like Anubis2051 posted, but it bothered me having the U on there also when no others had a second letter.

But here is it updated using Northeastern like he posted.

5545477351_e7102dc20d.jpg

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

Archived