Great ambiguous logos

Hathaway Browne

Buster, I've read somewhere that the Blazers logo is supposed to depict the motions of a basketball team moving up and down the court (hence the use of five lines up and five lines down), but I will admit that I've always wondered since I was a little kid what the hell it was. IDK if it is really depicting a basketball team (it makes sense but I wonder still), but it is certainly one of the strangest logos in sports.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buster, I've read somewhere that the Blazers logo is supposed to depict the motions of a basketball team moving up and down the court (hence the use of five lines up and five lines down), but I will admit that I've always wondered since I was a little kid what the hell it was. IDK if it is really depicting a basketball team (it makes sense but I wonder still), but it is certainly one of the strangest logos in sports.

I think I bring this up every time "WTF is the Blazers' logo?!?" gets asked, but I always thought as a kid it was supposed to be the spinning blades of a Weed Eater. I mean, Weed Eater...Trail Blazers...it kinda makes sense. ^_^

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

There has to be a logo for 'Q' other than the Quaker State logo ^_^

I was waiting for someone to comment on that, ha...... Updated now.

I actually originally had Quinnipiac like Anubis2051 posted, but it bothered me having the U on there also when no others had a second letter.

But here is it updated using Northeastern like he posted.

5545477351_e7102dc20d.jpg

I think you should use the cat-less version of Northwestern's "N" for this.

That aside, pretty sweet mock-up, guy.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I actually originally had Quinnipiac like Anubis2051 posted, but it bothered me having the U on there also when no others had a second letter.

I'm also going to admit to not knowing where the "A" is from. I'd have put the Braves' or Alabama's "A" instead.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I'm also going to admit to not knowing where the "A" is from. I'd have put the Braves' or Alabama's "A" instead.

It's the old Philly A's logo. I agree with the Braves logo though, especially considering how similar it is to Aeropastale's "A":

I think the Nat's Curly W should be the W too, since thats another logo used by other sources:

walgreens-sign-0-lrg1.png

Anubis.png

I always thought it was supposed to be a very abstract depiction of a rose since Portland is known as the Rose City (no disrespect to Pasadena) and that style of logo was en vogue when the Blazers were founded.

I think I bring this up every time "WTF is the Blazers' logo?!?" gets asked, but I always thought as a kid it was supposed to be the spinning blades of a Weed Eater. I mean, Weed Eater...Trail Blazers...it kinda makes sense. ^_^

Ha, the first is correct but as a kid growing up in Portland I always thought it was circling of wagons like on a wagon train on the oregon trail.....

I think the Trailblazer's looks like a hurricane. Which always perplexed me, as last I knew hurricanes didn't hit Oregon very often.

Well, golden ones do sweep across northeast Oklahoma every September...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

gdm7egmgv3tsspc6f1gym7cwz.gif

That's pretty ambiguous. When looking at this logo for the first time, I definitely wouldn't say "Oh yeah, that is definitely a logo for a team called the Pacers." The Knicks, Lakers, Clippers, Pistons, and Thunder also have the same effect

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

cxe7hh6lwjtpdhcoyiuc064sp.gif

Without the "Seattle SuperSonics" part, you'd know they were from Seattle, but not much else beyond that. It's the same kind of deal I guess with the 80's Nuggets rainbow-skyline.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I always thought it was supposed to be a very abstract depiction of a rose since Portland is known as the Rose City (no disrespect to Pasadena) and that style of logo was en vogue when the Blazers were founded.

I always thought it was either that or an abstract rapresentation of a P and a B.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Archived