Trading Cards

blase

A while back, just for fun (so sad really), I recreated some of the old Rugby League cards I use to collect as a kid with updated players. Just done the same with bball so thought I'd show them to you all.

32808438.png

nbahoopscardsallstar01.pngnbahoopscards01.pngnbahoopscardsusa01.png

Here's the League one for interest sake:

Original

91234082s.png

Mine

minimini01.png

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love this! can we get a LeBron and a Wade?

Yep, it's pretty easy to take requests now that the templates are set up. Can do most sizes, the ones I'm posting are actually reduced from the originals. Can do little ones for avatars too (see mine).

nbahoopscards01.pngcards0101.png

you wouldn't by any chance be able to do a james o'connor one with the NRL template (I know it's a different league and sport even). If it's too much don't worry about it but it would be great if you could do it.

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

For the ones that are based on the Jordan template, a small part of the player should be protruding from the border, like the ball in MJ's right hand.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wow! These are great! That was the first set I collected extensively. I still remember the best pack I ever pulled: Jordan, Ewing, Dominique Wilkins, and no doubles in the other nine cards.

If you have the time, could you do a Steve Nash card?

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

you wouldn't by any chance be able to do a james o'connor one with the NRL template (I know it's a different league and sport even). If it's too much don't worry about it but it would be great if you could do it.

Sorry, can't find a good photo. Here's something but if you find a photo you'd prefer let me know.

rugbyleaguecards01.png

For the ones that are based on the Jordan template, a small part of the player should be protruding from the border, like the ball in MJ's right hand.

Yeah I know, I was just trying to make it relatively easy to do should their be requests. I guess i could do a little photoshoping. I am aiming for a authenticity. Need to fix up the flag on the USA card too!

Thanks for the Heat Cards! These templates are great! I love doing card templates in Illustrator! I'm working on this Fleer 91 template now.

f4695605-658a-45f2-aa58-29ed1fa54aed.jpg

Hah! That's the other set I collected and was starting on that too. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Not sure if your meaning to make this like your team template thread where it's open to anyone, but I tried making a Josh Hamilton card based off the 1985 Topps baseball card (Just say if you don't want an open thread and I'll get rid of this)

2wrjgj4.jpg

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

Thanks for the Heat Cards! These templates are great! I love doing card templates in Illustrator! I'm working on this Fleer 91 template now.

f4695605-658a-45f2-aa58-29ed1fa54aed.jpg

I love these cards, a year or so ago I found an unopened box at a flee market for like $10. Love the "pro image" cards most all.

Nice work man! If you're still taking requests, may I have Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap please? Just regular sized, thanks in advance!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived