Possible Change for Arizona State?

ShlyKBMT

This may shock people, but I agree with slapshot. I think it's important for people to respect our country's constitutional values, but expecting them to be over-the-top jingoistic patriotism robots is ridiculous. Also, when we're already spending WAY too much money on defense, the media (including sports) throwing the war and the veterans in our faces constantly hinders any chances of our cutting back on that.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may shock people, but I agree with slapshot. I think it's important for people to respect our country's constitutional values, but expecting them to be over-the-top jingoistic patriotism robots is ridiculous. Also, when we're already spending WAY too much money on defense, the media (including sports) throwing the war and the veterans in our faces constantly hinders any chances of our cutting back on that.

Might as well just save your breath on that one, bro.

Can't talk to a government that wont listen.... or care.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Way too much? You've got to be kidding. My fellow Marines, Sailors, Soldiers, and Airmen are way too underpaid for what they do.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

I'm not talking about the salaries of marines, soldiers, sailors, or airmen. The main issue is the sheer number of overseas bases. Do we really need to have troops stationed in Japan and Western Europe?

With that said, this is probably better suited for the political thread.

Actually yes, the US does need to be overseas in these bases. It's a dangerous world out there. From the 37 countries I've laid my head down to rest in, I can tell you not just the US, but all of NATO needs to be where they are. There's plenty of other countries military stationed in the US.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

I'm not talking about the salaries of marines, soldiers, sailors, or airmen. The main issue is the sheer number of overseas bases. Do we really need to have troops stationed in Japan and Western Europe?

Actually yes, the US does need to be overseas in these bases. It's a dangerous world out there. From the 37 countries I've laid my head down to rest in, I can tell you not just the US, but all of NATO needs to be where they are. There's plenty of other countries military stationed in the US.

Umm...what?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Sweet. Another thead hopelessly derailed.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Umm...what?

You didn't know that? I currently work side by side with the Royal Air Force (UK) and the Canadian Air Force. When I was at TACC (Tanker Airlift Control Center) just outside of St Louis, MO, I worked side by side with Canada, UK, Korea, and sometimes France. No biggie.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Umm...what?

You didn't know that? I currently work side by side with the Royal Air Force (UK) and the Canadian Air Force. When I was at TACC (Tanker Airlift Control Center) just outside of St Louis, MO, I worked side by side with Canada, UK, Korea, and sometimes France. No biggie.

I know a lot of foreign military personnel train alongside us here in the States (or are teachers in schoolhouses),though I wouldn't say they're stationed, really, just visitors...but as far as your TACC example and current job, I had no idea the other countries were involved on a permanent basis. Cool. Sounds like you have a pretty cool job.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Umm...what?

I know a lot of foreign military personnel train alongside us here in the States (or are teachers in schoolhouses),though I wouldn't say they're stationed, really, just visitors...but as far as your TACC example and current job, I had no idea the other countries were involved on a permanent basis. Cool. Sounds like you have a pretty cool job.

Our uniforms are slightly different, but that's it. We are one big family under NATO and we all love it. Great people to work with too.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/heatindex/articles/2011/04/19/20110419asu-chicago-cop-gang-likely-use-logo.html

Looks like I won't be wearing any UA gear the next time I go to Chicago...

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

What a ridiculous article. Yes, ASU should definitely get rid of the massive new identity they just unveiled because a local gang on the other side of the country might wear their gear. Preposterous.

Hey, I'm just the messenger. Don't blame me.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Excuse me for being concerned when people heap :censored: on me non-stop on here. It's difficult to discern the stuff that isn't directed at me from the stuff that is since there's so much more of the latter than the former.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/heatindex/articles/2011/04/19/20110419asu-chicago-cop-gang-likely-use-logo.html

Not really a big story IMO...there are countless gangs that use team logos and gear to represent themselves and have been doing so for a long while now. Sure its worth mentioning in the paper, but nothing will come of it.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Not really a big story IMO...there are countless gangs that use team logos and gear to represent themselves and have been doing so for a long while now. Sure its worth mentioning in the paper, but nothing will come of it.

100% agree. Another example of the media turning a breeze into a hurricane.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

100% agree. Another example of the media turning a breeze into a hurricane.

No need for this to even be a newspaper article. It's an opinion one officer has. He's assuming it will happen. Whether it does or doesn't happen still isn't a big of a deal, but to write out a whole article based on what might happen is terrible journalism. That's what the opinion section is for, or blogs.

6873.gif13-3. 1st place in NFC West. 1 fumble away from Super Bowl 46.

1hrqvo4oaipg1j7eboaxh4bgu.gif. 40-26. Lost in Conference Semifinals

zroew6i4sougyzvje4p5vl1xr.gif34-36-12 80 Points. Painfully watching the rivals win the Cup.

2908.gif 28-26. 3 GB of AL East lead. Starting to turn around the season.

Archived