2011 NHL Playoffs

NEW.ERA

I just noticed that the Pens bench is on the opposite side of everyone elses in the NHL. Usually the home team is on the right side (tv perspective) of the arena in the first and third.

Edmonton still is on the old side beneth the cameras.

Devils are on the left side...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your ignorance about the Preds makes me question your actual knowledge of the NHL. The Preds are a lot more than Shea Webber and Ryan Sutter.

This irony is so good, it just has to be fattening.

Anyway, yeah, the Preds are more than WEBER and SUTER. They're also David Legwand, Pekka Rinne, and an interchangeable assortment of Milwaukee Admirals. The Milwaukee Admirals, by the way, are the top minor-league affiliate of the Predators and play in the American Hockey League. Just a couple tidbits to further expand what is obviously your wide-ranging hockey knowledge.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I just noticed that the Pens bench is on the opposite side of everyone elses in the NHL. Usually the home team is on the right side (tv perspective) of the arena in the first and third.

Alright so that is four teams that roll on the left side.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

-Ottawa

-Anaheim

-Pittsburgh

-New Jersey

-San Jose

That's what I have so far.

Your ignorance about the Preds makes me question your actual knowledge of the NHL. The Preds are a lot more than Shea Webber and Ryan Sutter.

Anyway, yeah, the Preds are more than WEBER and SUTER. They're also David Legwand, Pekka Rinne, and an interchangeable assortment of Milwaukee Admirals. The Milwaukee Admirals, by the way, are the top minor-league affiliate of the Predators and play in the American Hockey League. Just a couple tidbits to further expand what is obviously your wide-ranging hockey knowledge.

All of which I knew.

But honestly, I know my fair amount about hockey in general and the NHL. But before this series, I probably couldn't name that many Preds outside Weber, Suter, and Rinne. Then I remembered the Fisher trade. And then there's the odd names of Legwand, Erat, and Tootoo (which the Preds always seem to have lots of guys with weird names. They had Bonk/Belak/Fiddler). Then I almost forgot that JP Dumont and Steve Sullivan were still in the league at all, and Dumont has been injured anyways.

I exaggerate about not knowing who is on the Predators, but I'd say that besides the Panthers, the Preds are the team I know the least about. For the most part, they're a bunch of no name guys that play well within their system. Outside of Nashville, you would never hear about any of the other guys on this team, because they wouldn't fit anywhere else. Like I guess I could name off guys, but they aren't a well known or prolific bunch. I mean hell, their two leading scorers had all of 50 points in the regular season, whereas my Ducks had 5 60+ point-getters with the least of them, Lubo Visnovsky, led the NHL in defenseman scoring with 68 points. There is a vast difference there. The Preds are just one of those types of teams.

And if you know so much more, Brendan, tell me some other things about the Preds I may not know. Really I'm curious to see how much more you know about them before you go and question my knowledge of them and the NHL at large.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

-Ottawa

-Anaheim

-Pittsburgh

-New Jersey

-San Jose

Add Atlanta, Nashville, and Tampa Bay to that list. I've been to those buildings.

-Ottawa

-Anaheim

-Pittsburgh

-New Jersey

-San Jose

Add Atlanta, Nashville, and Tampa Bay to that list. I've been to those buildings.

Boston's bench is on the left side, too

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

-Ottawa

-Anaheim

-Pittsburgh

-New Jersey

-San Jose

Boston's bench is on the left side, too

Phoenix is (was?) on the left too.

So we're up to 10 teams now. So at least 1/3 of the league.

So much for everyone else :lol:

All of which I knew.

But honestly, I know my fair amount about hockey in general and the NHL. But before this series, I probably couldn't name that many Preds outside Weber, Suter, and Rinne. Then I remembered the Fisher trade. And then there's the odd names of Legwand, Erat, and Tootoo (which the Preds always seem to have lots of guys with weird names. They had Bonk/Belak/Fiddler). Then I almost forgot that JP Dumont and Steve Sullivan were still in the league at all, and Dumont has been injured anyways.

I exaggerate about not knowing who is on the Predators, but I'd say that besides the Panthers, the Preds are the team I know the least about. For the most part, they're a bunch of no name guys that play well within their system. Outside of Nashville, you would never hear about any of the other guys on this team, because they wouldn't fit anywhere else. Like I guess I could name off guys, but they aren't a well known or prolific bunch. I mean hell, their two leading scorers had all of 50 points in the regular season, whereas my Ducks had 5 60+ point-getters with the least of them, Lubo Visnovsky, led the NHL in defenseman scoring with 68 points. There is a vast difference there. The Preds are just one of those types of teams.

And if you know so much more, Brendan, tell me some other things about the Preds I may not know. Really I'm curious to see how much more you know about them before you go and question my knowledge of them and the NHL at large.

I'm sorry I used the wrong spelling for both WEBER and SUTER, obviously I'm an idiot. Really, I should of known that Shea and Ryan's last names are spelled differently than the majority of people with those names.

Still Mighty, the reason I wrote that is because for the whole playoffs you haven't been giving the Preds any credit. They're a fifth seed yet your reactions make it seem like you think this is one of the most lopsided match ups in history. I'm a Canucks fan and have probably watched the Preds as much as you, but the times I have watched them play, I realized they aren't a team to be taken lightly and deserve respect. Barry Trotz is arguably one of the best coaches in the league and their goaltending and defense is always stellar, and is without a doubt better than the Ducks. Johnathon Blum and Cody Fransen, even though they did just come up from the Adrimals are top prospects, and have made an impact when I have seen them play. Hell, the Preds should be praised for developing their own players instead of criticized for it. All their forwards and hard working and make an impact when their on the ice, maybe not offensively, but with a good hit or forecheck. So, if you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

All of which I knew.

I'm sorry I used the wrong spelling for both WEBER and SUTER, obviously I'm an idiot. Really, I should of known that Shea and Ryan's last names are spelled differently than the majority of people with those names.

Still Mighty, the reason I wrote that is because for the whole playoffs you haven't been giving the Preds any credit. They're a fifth seed yet your reactions make it seem like you think this is one of the most lopsided match ups in history. I'm a Canucks fan and have probably watched the Preds as much as you, but the times I have watched them play, I realized they aren't a team to be taken lightly and deserve respect. Barry Trotz is arguably one of the best coaches in the league and their goaltending and defense is always stellar, and is without a doubt better than the Ducks. Johnathon Blum and Cody Fransen, even though they did just come up from the Adrimals are top prospects, and have made an impact when I have seen them play. Hell, the Preds should be praised for developing their own players instead of criticized for it. All their forwards and hard working and make an impact when their on the ice, maybe not offensively, but with a good hit or forecheck. So, if you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Which is why I was saying I'm exaggerating. Sorry if I've played out the joke a little too long for your taste.

Like I said in my previous post, the Predators are just one of those types of teams. On the surface, that collection of players shouldn't be as good as they are. But they are well coached, they have a distinct system, and all the players buy in to that system and put they're all into playing within its confines. There is a reason Barry Trotz is the only coach the Preds have known, because he has his working system and consistently gets players to execute it well. I know the defense and goaltending is good because that's all anyone really says about the Preds, and for them to be successful, they have to have good defense and goaltending.

They're just frustrating to play against. Before the playoffs were set, the Preds were the last team I wanted to play, becuase they are a bad match-up for the Ducks. I'd have felt 100x more confident against every other team. And really, the Ducks kind of snuck in to that 4th seed, and are really over-seeded for what they've been over the last little while.

It's frustrating that a team with Getzlaf/Perry/Ryan/Selanne/Koivu/Visnovsky can't muster enough goals to out score Fisher/Ward/Hornqvist/Sullivan/Legwand/Erat/Smithson/Halischuk/Weber. They're one of those "scrappy bunches" that I detest playing against, simply for the fact that if most of these guys were on a different team, they wouldn't be worth a damn.

Hey, I warned you about how annoying the Predators are and you didn't listen to me.

The Predators are annoying and not really that good. They run a neutral zone trap/left-wing lock and drag everyone down to their level. The 2005 rule changes were supposed to have eradicated all traces of mucky, grindy system teams and yet here we are with them still hanging around, irritating everybody. At least the Coyotes had the courtesy to realize that their best player was Ray freaking Whitney and as such they were to be summarily dispatched for the good of all. I hope the Predators lose this series, but then again the Ducks aren't exactly the Gretzky Oilers themselves, now are they.

Oh, and in all fairness, it is kind of important to make a distinction between Suter (suitor) and Sutter (butter) when talking hockey.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Some pretty good goaltending from the Bruins skaters tonight. That Ryder block in the first period was awesome.

Carey Price almost had a huge gaffe that ended it. I like his attitude, he was half laughing about it. He's got a great demeanor to be a goalie.

Edit: LA's Clifford is proving to be one of those guys who greatly elevates his game in the playoffs. 2 goals tonight already. :blink:

Edit2: And here comes Niittymaki. Penner makes it 3-0.

Almost every arena I have been to, pro or otherwise, has the home bench on the tv left side. Where do you see that it isn't? Edmonton's benches are on the wrong side of the ice, period.

Almost every arena I have been to, pro or otherwise, has the home bench on the tv left side. Where do you see that it isn't? Edmonton's benches are on the wrong side of the ice, period.

Well Calgary has there's on the right side. So maybe I'm thinking that less teams have it on the right side.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

8-2? Damn, The Penguins were on the receiving end of a total curb stomp at the hands of the Lightining. You can only imagine what it'll be like back in Tampa on Monday.

they sure did carry a lot of momentum from dominating the Penguins in game 2 and then coming home with the series tied

1zgyd8w.jpg

Archived