2011 NHL Playoffs

NEW.ERA

Well me thinks that this series will get underway on Friday, maybe Saturday with a two day break between games 1 and 2 as CBC has election coverage on Monday.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, I hate that goddamn trap, but at a Nashville win would be worth it just to watch the Canucklehead fan reaction.

Is Vancouver burning?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You can clean it up all you want, the canucks quit in game 4 and 5, and almost lost to a blackhawks team that limped badly into the post season. I'd hope for their fans sakes they play with more heart against Nashville, not that I want them to.

I can't defend their performance in games 4 and 5, but every other game they were the better team. Tonight it was very clear which team has the most heart.

The one that gave up a shorthanded goal and almost lost it before winning it in overtime off of an idiotic turnover? After getting stonewalled by a rookie goalie for an hour and change?

Heart is coming back from 3 down and almost knocking off the best team in the sport with a depleted roster and nothing to lose.

I'll tip my cap just a bit to the Canucks, because they certainly played hard and they WERE the better team, despite my whining. I personally feel like that team would be a lot more likeable if they didn't have the tools that are Luongo and the Sedin twins...and Gillis.

I can see hating say, Burrows, Kesler or Torres, but the Sedins? Those are two pretty inoffensive dudes. Too inoffensive really, they still didn't really show up in this series.

You can clean it up all you want, the canucks quit in game 4 and 5, and almost lost to a blackhawks team that limped badly into the post season. I'd hope for their fans sakes they play with more heart against Nashville, not that I want them to.

I can't defend their performance in games 4 and 5, but every other game they were the better team. Tonight it was very clear which team has the most heart.

The one that gave up a shorthanded goal and almost lost it before winning it in overtime off of an idiotic turnover? After getting stonewalled by a rookie goalie for an hour and change?

Heart is coming back from 3 down and almost knocking off the best team in the sport with a depleted roster and nothing to lose.

I'll tip my cap just a bit to the Canucks, because they certainly played hard and they WERE the better team, despite my whining. I personally feel like that team would be a lot more likeable if they didn't have the tools that are Luongo and the Sedin twins...and Gillis.

One play doesn't dictate who has heart. The fact the Canucks kept taking it to the Hawks and didn't let up despite Crawfords brilliance shows character. The Hawks aren't lacking in that department though and are a hell of a team. I'm so relieved that they don't have to play them again this year.

Indeed. Now that the steam has blown off, I've gotten to take a good look at what the Blackhawks did within this series and honestly things are not bleak at all. By rights the hawks were cold and dead going into the playoffs, they honestly had no right to be in the way they limped into the 8th seed. However the series, despite it's outcome, showed the colors of some guys that may otherwise not have been accurately observed. Ben Smith, Michael Frolik, Brian Bickell, and Marcus Kruger showed they have the stuff to be stars against the toughest of competition. Given an offseason to beef up and a whole regular season to gel with the regular unit, they could make up an imposing roster.

Not to mention Corey Crawford. He graduated from rookie of note to seasoned veteran in just a few games. Niemi who? Crawford's poise, brilliance, and unwavering stature in net was incredible. The Canucks, the best offense in hockey, threw everything in the book at him and yet he rarely let them go by when the Hawks needed him most.

If the Blackhawks can bring in a true 2nd line center, a 6th defenseman, a backup goaltender, and maybe swing a deal or 2 to fill out the 4th line, this team has a very real chance to be scary as hell in 2011/2012.

While I can't wish vancouver luck, I will say their fans on this board have put up with my stupid chicagoan ass with a lot of tolerance for the dumb drivel I say when pissed off. For that, I thank you.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The better team did not win this series. enjoy getting swept in round 2, nucks.

The Canucks dominated Game 7. The Hawks had to rely on a Luongo mental breakdown to get this far anyway.

You've already seen your team win it all, enough with the sour grapes.

The better team did not win this series. enjoy getting swept in round 2, nucks.

The Canucks dominated Game 7. The Hawks had to rely on a Luongo mental breakdown to get this far anyway.

You've already seen your team win it all, enough with the sour grapes.

Read the post above yours.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Flyers and Canucks both win a series on same night? Ugh, that's about as bad as it gets from this fan's point of view. (Although I am glad I went with my head over my heart with those picks. I will admit I had Philly in 6 though.)

Ah, dammit.

IMG_20110427_103907.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Is 41 goals enough to get Kesler best defensive forward, or does it just go to Datsyuk in another Lidstrom-like reflexive vote?

Nice to see some Red Wing venom!

The +24 helps too, Datsyuk was only +11.

Detroit made their living on the powerplay this season and Datsyuk and Lidstroms stats show it. That not me knocking them, just an analysis of the stats. If a team can keep a game 5 on 5 they have a good chance of beating them most nights.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

?They had no business being in the series,? Sedin said. ?We outplayed them badly for five games.? - Henrik Sedin

Maybe some class and humility would suit them better?

twitter

?They had no business being in the series,? Sedin said. ?We outplayed them badly for five games.? - Henrik Sedin

Maybe some class and humility would suit them better?

What a douche.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived