2011 NHL Playoffs

NEW.ERA

I wanna know what Roenick wants to know, where the hell has Patrick Marleau been? I suppose hes easy to pick on but seriously, he pulls a ghost act in the playoffs and theres no explanation for it.

Marleau has pretty much been the most overrated player in the NHL for the past decade. Aside from a game or two last year, he is ALWAYS a no-show in the playoffs. Not only does his play suck, but his lack of leadership explains why he's not captain anymore. If the San Jose collapse goes ahead as planned, he should be the one out the door this offseason.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanna know what Roenick wants to know, where the hell has Patrick Marleau been? I suppose hes easy to pick on but seriously, he pulls a ghost act in the playoffs and theres no explanation for it.

Marleau has pretty much been the most overrated player in the NHL for the past decade. Aside from a game or two last year, he is ALWAYS a no-show in the playoffs. Not only does his play suck, but his lack of leadership explains why he's not captain anymore. If the San Jose collapse goes ahead as planned, he should be the one out the door this offseason.

I can agree with that, hopefully my team doesnt get him, he has bad playoff juju and we have enough of that.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I love all of these face book up dates from people I know that I would have never even guessed that hockey was on their radar until this week. A lot of spring time wing fans in Michigan.

same for me too. I guess it's just that making the playoffs is such a foregone conclusion for Red Wings fans that they don't need to watch during the regular season.

I'm no Sharks fan, but I am an anti-Wings fan and I might be physically sick if they win game 7. Boston-Philadelphia and Chicago-Vancouver were fun stories, but this, this is miserable.

PvO6ZWJ.png

At least the Giants won the World Series.......

Yep too bad for the people of the Bay area. I think a Stanley Cup Final would make alot of people more interested in hockey in that area.

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

The Red Wings credited the blackhawks mindset of going for broke when down 3-0 and it's paid off to the tune of 3 straight, BUT hopefully they remember how it worked out for the hawks.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Keep the faith Sharks fans. It's not over.

At least you guys put up a fight in your Game 6. We deserved to get shutout if not for a bad goal surrendered by Howard.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Sharks always choke.

I'm just curious about what you have to say now.

One week later... and I'm curious about what YOU have to say now.

6uXNWAo.png

Have we all forgotten the Sharks can still win Game 7, or are we all just pencilling in the Wings to make the comeback?

Pencilling. The winners in Game 7 in these situations have alternated over the years...

1939 New York Rangers come back vs. Boston Bruins. Lost Game 7.

1942 Toronto Maple Leafs come back vs. Detroit Red Wings. Won Game 7.

1945 Detroit Red Wings come back vs. Toronto Maple Leafs. Lost Game 7.

1975 New York Islanders come back vs. Pittsburgh Penguins. Won Game 7.

1975 New York Islanders come back vs. Philadelphia Flyers. Lost Game 7.

2010 Philadelphia Flyers come back vs. Boston Bruins. Won Game 7.

2011 Chicago Black Hawks come back vs. Vancouver Canucks. Lost Game 7.

2011 Detroit Red Wings come back vs. San Jose Sharks. ??????

Basically Vancouver has screwed over San Jose. That, and the Sharks are cursed.

tigercatssignature-1.png

Β 

Β 

Β 

While your love of the Sharks failing is still admirable, your hyperbole about Marleau is laughable. He is 4th in active playoff goal scorers and the 3 players above him (Modano, Recchi and Lidstrom) all have at least 9 years and 50 playoff games on him. Is he completely invisible this series, except for his turnover in game 5, sure. But to say he is ALWAYS a no-show is a complete overstatement. He is streaky, and right now that streak is terrible. There's no denying that.

Keep the faith Sharks fans. It's not over.

At least you guys put up a fight in your Game 6. We deserved to get shutout if not for a bad goal surrendered by Howard.

Hey, but you didn't get blown out in games 4 and 5.

Sharks always choke.

I'm curious as to why you're so obsessed with the Sharks. Everyone knows they choke, we don't need an update after every game. :P

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Sharks always choke.

I'm curious as to why you're so obsessed with the Sharks. Everyone knows they choke, we don't need an update after every game. :P

Oh wait... You guys are already aware of that? ^_^

All kidding aside, the Sharks can still win this. Yeah, they've got a horrible track record in the past, but all they need is just ONE win Thursday night to advance to another Western Conference Final. Plus, it can't hurt than Game 7 is being played in San Jose.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived