Padres Permutations: Which color combo looks best?

kevinmets

174 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In the time I've been reading this board, it seems like the Padres uniform/color history has been the most disagreed upon.

I made up a chart here using (almost) every combination of colors the Pads have used. I used the six main colors they have had (brown, yellow, orange, navy, light blue & sand). I didn't include white because I find white outlines extraneous, any one of these color combos works just as well with or without white. I also didn't include any combinations of navy & brown, sand & orange, or sand & yellow (not enough contrast/looks awful).

I used the 1985-2003 script because it was the longest-living and least ugly (although I got rid of the drop shadow/3d garbage and just used outlines).

Everyone please vote! Don't look at this thread without voting! It will be very interesting to see what gets the most votes, they're probably the only MLB franchise without a consistent majority favorite look.

padrespermutations.jpg?t=1302802986

I like the Current scheme alot. always hated the brown pukes they had. the current scheme screams SAN DIEGO! the browns scream the brown mushy stuff your mom feeds you when your 2

wrb141.jpgnbahoopscardszxzx01.png

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

Im Abby.. nice to meet you

Go Os. Capitals. Mets. Ravens. Rangers. Knicks. Butler Bulldogs. Maryland. Kevin Harvick.

I hate the YANKEESS

THE BROWN AND YELLOW JUST LOOK BAD!

I don't care if it's different, it doesn't read San Diego it doesn't read 21st century, and it certainly doesn't read good. Just bad colors.

11 is really nice however.

Is it really necessary to troll every Padres thread like this? Grow up. Anyways I really like the powder, yellow, and brown combo.

I don't care if it's different, it doesn't read San Diego it doesn't read 21st century, and it certainly doesn't read good. Just bad colors.

Is it really necessary to troll every Padres thread like this? Grow up. Anyways I really like the powder, yellow, and brown combo.

In both cases I was voicing my opinions on the thread subject... the Padres uniforms and colors. I just don't get the appeal of this.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

In both cases I was voicing my opinions on the thread subject... the Padres uniforms and colors. I just don't get the appeal of this.

You're using the example of the worst set. Look up their original set from when they first came into the league in 1969. THOSE are way better than these or what they have now. Besides, you're 15. You don't exactly scream expert on the history of the Padres uniforms.

You're using the example of the worst set. Look up their original set from when they first came into the league in 1969. THOSE are way better than these or what they have now. Besides, you're 15. You don't exactly scream expert on the history of the Padres uniforms.

I don't think being an expert on the history of the San Diego Padres is the only way to judge a color combo.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

I don't think being an expert on the history of the San Diego Padres is the only way to judge a color combo.

I said their UNIFORM history. And your argument is that, "duh, it looks bad!" as if we're all idiots for liking it when you have no insight as to why we like it for this particular team. Do I think any team can go brown/gold? Of course not. But for this team it has history and works in association with the team name.

I think brown is a must since 29 of 30 MLB teams wear either royal, navy, red, or black as their primary color. That said I prefer 13, 15 and 16.

...And then came the A's :P

I voted 13, by the way. I really hope they revitalize that or something similar.

25yzwqg.png

I like 14a, 16b and 9a. I really like the brown with light blue approach, but it's best with a third colour added.

The blue, yellow and orange is interesting, too, but I think it's guaranteed to give off a retro vibe, so you should take that into account if you do any uniforms for that particular scheme.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived