BFBS, Good or Bad

dmhtfld

When Texas comes out with black and/or grey uniforms you might have a point.

42-33707-Y.jpg

Is this a jersey that was worn in a game? Or just a fashion jersey?

Context people, context! :P

They actually wear those in games.

They have them to wear, but they haven't....yet.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

42-33707-Y.jpg

Mostly because they actually have taste down in Austin. That design is gaudily ugly.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

42-33707-Y.jpg

Mostly because they actually have taste down in Austin. That design is gaudily ugly.

I think you just jinxed them. :P

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

And even with all of that grey and black gear available, as well as gear in the colour scheme of the National Championship uniforms available, the vast majority of Oregon fans at the National Championship were wearing green and gold.

Okay?

Not sure where you're going with this. The majority of gear is in green and yellow, however it comes in gray, black, and white. The fans can't color coordinate with the team every week.

And even with all of that grey and black gear available, as well as gear in the colour scheme of the National Championship uniforms available, the vast majority of Oregon fans at the National Championship were wearing green and gold.

Okay?

Not sure where you're going with this. The majority of gear is in green and yellow, however it comes in gray, black, and white. The fans can't color coordinate with the team every week.

The point is they CHOOSE to wear green and yellow.

Here is a real annoying example of BFBS.

Kevin+Harvick+2011+NASCAR+Daytona+Speedweek+-bz8BGObNCBl.jpg

As a Harvick fan, agree to disagree. The black scheme looks really sleek and is much better than the red scheme they were originally going to roll with. Plus in addition to the Earnhardt connection, it's reflective of Harvick's personality a bit

And on the topic of BFBS, I swear if I see one more dark grey/charcoal/light black/whatever you want to call it thing of merchandise for Syracuse that Nike has made for jackets and the like, I'll scream. It's bad enough the university's been ditching navy to look like a lighter version of Oklahoma State/Oregon State/Princeton/what have you (proof here), and I have a feeling eventually that's gonna creep into some jersey somehow in the future.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Okay?

The point is they CHOOSE to wear green and yellow.

You and IceCap bring up solid counters. Seriously, well played.

Indeed. Did you see the National Championship game? The Oregon Ducks were wearing white, black, three kinds of grey, and highlighter yellow. The Oregon fans and cheerleaders, however, were wearing traditional green and athletic gold/yellow.

How much anthracite merchandise was available for sale?

Those aren't jerseys. That's not even close to the same thing.

My point about the merchandise, DMo, was that if anthracite merchandise was available (such as anthracite or charcoal colored t-shirts), then are more people buying the charcoal stuff because they like the color better, or sticking with the yellow and green? Also, it's my thought that if there was plenty of charcoal-color Oregon t-shirts out there, they would be far more prevalent than jerseys because of price. And therefore, more people would be wearing charcoal shirts than yellow and green shirts, or yellow and green jerseys.

But apparently not's not happening. More fans like to sport the yellow and green than any of the Nike custom gray colors.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Okay?

My point is simply that the Oregon fan base/student population seems attached to the green and gold/yellow. Which leads me to believe that they're not as wrapped up in Nike's additional non-school colours as it may seem.

Here is a real annoying example of BFBS.

Kevin+Harvick+2011+NASCAR+Daytona+Speedweek+-bz8BGObNCBl.jpg

is it wrong to like that car?

It's a good looking car, it's definetely not wrong to like it!

When it comes to NASCAR and racing in general, to me at least, the designs of the car are of different significance than a sports uniform. The designs of the car carry some weight as far as identifying the driver, of course, but it's rather the racer's number, I think, that carries more significance. For example, if Jeff Gordon were to bust out a full-on black car (or any other color other than his usual blue or blue/red, for that matter), I'd be totally fine with it. He'd still have that iconic 24 on his car, so it's still Jeff Gordon. But if he were to change his number, on the other hand, that'd just be plain crazy. I'm not at all saying it's comparable to BFBS for sports uniforms, I'm just saying the identifying factors are different between racing and other sports, in my humble opinion.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Okay?

My point is simply that the Oregon fan base/student population seems attached to the green and gold/yellow. Which leads me to believe that they're not as wrapped up in Nike's additional non-school colours as it may seem.

Well yeah, but the majority of merchandise is either green or yellow, however there is plenty of gray and black and white merchandise that sells.

To play devils advocate here, don't you think that you would NOTICE yellow better in the stands than muted colors like black and gray?

I don't think being noticed is high on a fan's priority list when deciding what to wear to a game. You go to be part of the experience, for the chance to see your team win it all in person. "Standing out" isn't high on the list of reasons to go. Besides, wearing yellow won't make you stand out if most other Oregon fans are also wearing yellow.

It's an easy point I'm making. Oregon gear is available in the school colours of green and yellow, as well as black, grey, and as of the day of the National Championship game, Nike's custom shades of grey and highlighter yellow. Despite this wide range of options the vast majority of the fanbase showed up in the traditional green and yellow. That says to me that when you cut through all of Nike's gimmicks you're left with a fanbase that's still attached to the traditional school colours.

Think of it this way. Say Oregon, for the National Championship game, put all of the combos they have worn for the year up to the student population and alumni to vote. Judging from what I saw of Oregon fans at the National Championship game as well as the sentiments of Oregon fans here (yourself included) they would have probably voted for a combo that showcased the school colours of green and yellow.

I don't think being noticed is high on a fan's priority list when deciding what to wear to a game. You go to be part of the experience, for the chance to see your team win it all in person. "Standing out" isn't high on the list of reasons to go. Besides, wearing yellow won't make you stand out if most other Oregon fans are also wearing yellow.

It's an easy point I'm making. Oregon gear is available in the school colours of green and yellow, as well as black, grey, and as of the day of the National Championship game, Nike's custom shades of grey and highlighter yellow. Despite this wide range of options the vast majority of the fanbase showed up in the traditional green and yellow. That says to me that when you cut through all of Nike's gimmicks you're left with a fanbase that's still attached to the traditional school colours.

Think of it this way. Say Oregon, for the National Championship game, put all of the combos they have worn for the year up to the student population and alumni to vote. Judging from what I saw of Oregon fans at the National Championship game as well as the sentiments of Oregon fans here (yourself included) they would have probably voted for a combo that showcased the school colours of green and yellow.

I'm not so sure the students would've voted for that.

The two most adamant defenders of Oregon's uniform practices here have both admitted that all things considered they would prefer the Ducks wear the school colours, they're just not torn up about the greys, black, and highlighter yellow.

Sure, they're fans of the team and have embraced Nike's image for the team, but I think if given the choice they'd choose school colours over non-school colours.

The two most adamant defenders of Oregon's uniform practices here have both admitted that all things considered they would prefer the Ducks wear the school colours, they're just not torn up about the greys, black, and highlighter yellow.

Sure, they're fans of the team and have embraced Nike's image for the team, but I think if given the choice they'd choose school colours over non-school colours.

I was talking about the entire student body. I am sure alums would vote for school colors.

I would say a good portion of the student body would vote for the school colours. I think it would be a significant minority at the very least (say around 30%).

It would be interesting to see the results of such a poll at Oregon though.

Personally I liked what they did for the NC game but if they had given me the choice I probably woulda done carbon fiber helmet, green jersey, grey pants or something similar

They had to wear white. Auburn, as the higher ranked team, got the first option to wear their colored jerseys.

I think Oregon should've gone green helmet, white jersey, and either green or yellow pants.

Archived