New England Revolution have a jersey sponsor...

NYCdog

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much we got on this turning into a JERSEY SPONSORSHIP SUCKS vs THIS IS HOW THE WORLD DOES IT thread?

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Well, clearly it's about time that New England gets with the program and has a shirt sponsor. It's how the rest of the MLS and the world does it. :grin:

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I mean, I don't really care if other teams/leagues do it. It's certainly the norm everywhere else in the world and doesn't even look bad usually. But, as a Revs fan (I use that term loosely) I have always felt good that our team has withstood the massive trend of turning to jersey sponsorship in the MLS. I don't know, what's the reason in this particular case?

Of course, to settle the battle over jersey sponsorship, perhaps we should all just go the way of the MetroStars. Introducing the New England United Healthcares!

That white kit is ten times better than the blue. Those gray patches look terrible. I hate when Adidas teams have something like that on the sleeves. If you're going to have the three stripes everywhere (which also looks weird) at least leave them unobstructed.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

As a 2 (and possibly 3) time UHC cardholder, I like the idea, but the execution is lacking. I know they like to have the logo all on one line...

But it would be so much bigger, and so much more legible, if they split up United and Healthcare.

LO UNITED

GO HEALTHCARE

Something like that.

C+, because it doesn't look bad...but could look 10x better. At least they finally got a sponsor.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

I like this better than the wordmark they had. Always felt like if you didn't have a sponsor on your jersey then you should leave that space blank like Columbus, Colorado, and Sporting KC. I think now FC Dallas are the only club in MLS with a team name wordmark across the jersey.

How much we got on this turning into a JERSEY SPONSORSHIP SUCKS vs THIS IS HOW THE WORLD DOES IT thread?

Can I make it about health care politics? Given the prominence of private health insurance in the current national debate, it doesn't seem like the best use of their dollars to sponsor a sports team.

I get that you spend money to make money, but it doesn't sit well with me.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Can I make it about health care politics? Given the prominence of private health insurance in the current national debate, it doesn't seem like the best use of their dollars to sponsor a sports team.

I'll bite. I dont get how advertising helps a health insurance company anyways. Most people go with what their employer provides, I'd guess.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I'll bite. I dont get how advertising helps a health insurance company anyways. Most people go with what their employer provides, I'd guess.

And there's that too.

I don't get the sponsorship. What's the benefit?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Maybe it's because European clubs have always had uniform sponsors, but I don't mind sponsors on soccer jerseys, baseball or football on the other hand would not be cool

Exactly. It's basically just what we're used to for those sports. In hockey we want teams to have a giant logo take up the front of the jersey, but the same on a basketball would cause widespread anger. And you wouldn't want a soccer jersey with numbers taking up the majority of the front like in football.

I like this better than the wordmark they had. Always felt like if you didn't have a sponsor on your jersey then you should leave that space blank like Columbus, Colorado, and Sporting KC. I think now FC Dallas are the only club in MLS with a team name wordmark across the jersey.

Chicago Fire still have a wordmark on their home shirts.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Chicago Fire still have a wordmark on their home shirts.

Forgot about them. I guess I'll give them a pass since it would look really weird if there was nothing in that stripe.

Of all the potential local companies as sponsors, this one was not one I would have pictured.

Same here...I've had my fingers crossed for a Sam Adams Revs kit for a while now.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Lame. Kraft doesn't need the money and I hate this trend (more like the norm now). Stay unique!

It's not that "Kraft doesn't need the money". At all.

Rather, Bob Kraft's M.O. has always been to maximize profits and minimize liabilities.

The Revs have been able to solicit kit sponsorship for years, but they've held off because they never got a deal that they thought was worth it to them. And that is straight from a number of conversations I've had with their COO.

Personally, I thought it was folly that they forgo any sort of advertising income waiting it out. This is a franchise in dire need of many things, including supplemental advertising revenue.

Hopefully, some of these new funds make their way into advertising, one of, if not the most dire needs (other than on-field performance) this team needs to address.

patriotssignature.png

Archived