2011 NFL Draft

Gary

There has been talk that the Panthers will take Newton with the 1st pick. When was the last time the Heisman Trophy winner was the first pick the year after he won the trophy?

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carson Palmer in 2003?

I'm actually pretty excited for the draft and starting it Thursday in primetime was the best.

Is anyone else not a fan of the draft being just the first round and starting in primetime? I always enjoyed making a day out of the draft when it started early in the afternoon and you'd get at least the first couple rounds.

Now if you have a team drafting in the bottom 5 of the first round, you'll have to watch about 2 hours plus of coverage before your pick. That is if they don't trade down at the last second, and you're SOL until the next day.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Being a Panther fan, and an Oregon Duck fan, the possibility of Cam Newton being picked by the Panthers is making me crap myself. I am hoping they pick Patrick Peterson, honestly.

I just care who the Panthers take, and where my Oregon guys go.

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

I would love it if the Cowboys somehow traded up to 5 and got Peterson. I think they'll just get an OT, which isn't awful but not as great as Peterson.

I have a feeling if they don't get Peterson, they'll go after Tyron Smith, if he's gone, than it's Prince Amukamara. Which I hope falls down to the Lions, would love to see the former Apollo Standout in a Lions jersey

I would love it if the Cowboys somehow traded up to 5 and got Peterson. I think they'll just get an OT, which isn't awful but not as great as Peterson.

I have a feeling if they don't get Peterson, they'll go after Tyron Smith, if he's gone, than it's Prince Amukamara. Which I hope falls down to the Lions, would love to see the former Apollo Standout in a Lions jersey

Yeah for some reason I don't see them taking Amukamara though. I think at CB if Peterson isn't available they won't take one until later. Also I could see JJ Watt being taken by them.

Carson Palmer in 2003?

I'm actually pretty excited for the draft and starting it Thursday in primetime was the best.

Is anyone else not a fan of the draft being just the first round and starting in primetime? I always enjoyed making a day out of the draft when it started early in the afternoon and you'd get at least the first couple rounds.

Now if you have a team drafting in the bottom 5 of the first round, you'll have to watch about 2 hours plus of coverage before your pick. That is if they don't trade down at the last second, and you're SOL until the next day.

Perfect description. I'm assuming you are referring to the Bears who always trade down and disappoint in the draft.

Carson Palmer in 2003?

Perfect description. I'm assuming you are referring to the Bears who always trade down and disappoint in the draft.

The Bears would be a fine example of that this year, but there's plenty of teams in the bottom 5 that are in a similar situation every year.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1. Carolina - Cam Newton

2. Denver - Von Miller

3. Buffalo - Marcel Dareus

4. Cincinnati - AJ Green

5. Arizona - Blaine Gabbert

That's how I think the Top 5 is going to breakdown.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/28/schefter-90-chance-the-broncos-take-von-miller/

Crap. Since Miller will more than likely be gone (Buffalo), hopefully they can trade down and make some extra magic.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

To the surprise of no one, Cam Newton goes #1 overall.

Here's a story that might not make it to the news wire, but it's something I noticed...for whatever reason, Cam Newton was wearing an UnderArmour lapel pin in the backstage area. After his name was called, someone removed it before he walked onstage. Wonder what that was all about...

(On another note: I must've missed the memo...but why is the draft being held on a Thursday??? :wacko: )

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived