So 4 for 5.

6. Atlanta - Julio Jones

7. San Francisco - Blaine Gabbert

8. Tennessee - Nick Fairly

9. Dallas - Prince Amukamara

10. Washington - Tyron Smith

EDIT - Looks like Cleveland traded to Atlanta

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

To the surprise of no one, Cam Newton goes #1 overall.

Here's a story that might not make it to the news wire, but it's something I noticed...for whatever reason, Cam Newton was wearing an UnderArmour lapel pin in the backstage area. After his name was called, someone removed it before he walked onstage. Wonder what that was all about...

(On another note: I must've missed the memo...but why is the draft being held on a Thursday??? :wacko: )

Just a case of the NFL and Nike avoiding "ambush marketing" from Under Armour. Even though the NFL and Under Armour still have an arrangement for limited apparel including the Combine, those two have too big of an agreement to make it like the PGA Tour or NASCAR.

AZ drafting Peterson makes it a either Bulger is their target.

Um Julio Jones? They're going to trade up and take Julio Jones? Head scratcher.

Not really. Someone was going to trade up to get him, but I figured it would be in the 8-13 range. I am surprised that they traded all the way up to #6 and gave up so much.

Um Julio Jones? They're going to trade up and take Julio Jones? Head scratcher.

Not exactly. The Falcons needed a home run threat at Wide Receiver and, for the most part, that's not the strength of one Roddy White. With Jones, they now have that home run threat that can be used to split the field.

Now, if Jones can deal with his drop ball issues...

Oh, and the 49ers take Aldon Smith... Who? I know he's from Missouri, but the guy was overshadowed by Gabbert.

EDIT: Titans take Jake Locker. WOOT! Good for Jake to go to the Titans.

Wow. This could end up being a historically ballsy trade or a historically awful one.

So, Atlanta thinks Julio Jones is more valuable than, say, Jonathan Baldwin + their 2nd round pick + their 4th round pick + next year's 1st round pick (probably in the 20s) + another 4th rounder?

Not saying he's not, but damn.

Archived