My Custom Canucks Jersey

Morgan33

Theres no getting around the fact that todays Replica jerseys are atrocious. Everything from the high price tag, unnecessary jock tag, and tacky plastic shoulder logo's conspire to make a raw deal for anyone serious about collecting. So what if you don't want to drop over $300 dollars on an authentic but still want a new style replica that looks decent? A short browse on Ebay and a trip to the local cresting store is the best solution.

I removed the jock tag a long time ago with a thread ripper but still could not for the life of me get past those tacky plastic shoulder patches. After finding embroidered versions of the logos on Ebay (Roughly $20 CAD) I toke a thread ripper to the shoulder patches and to my surprise they were quite easy to remove. I then toke the jersey to a local cresting place in Calgary called "Great Plains Cresting" and here are the results!

First is a side by side comparision of the embroidered logos with the plastic ones. Notice how unnecessarily large the plastic logo is and how prone it is to wear. The dimensions are not even accurate.

pc170802.jpg

Next is a shot of the original logo on the shoulder... As with all shoulder logos on the premier series it looks awful.

pc170805.jpg

And lastly we have the finished product from great plains! I got them to stitch the logos instead of heat pressing and the result looks great. You can still slightly see the outline of the old logo but its hardly noticable.

p3230903.jpg

Overall I am very pleased with their work and can't recommend them enough!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks stunning. i hate the RBK jerseys which is why i refuse to buy a jersey in arena unless it is authentic. Ebay is my friend. All 4 of my Thrashers jerseys are pre-rbk edge era CCM's

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

Your jersey looks just as bad as it did in the beginning.

You could do the same with a Flames jersey if you can track down the patches. I have a home Flames Edge and the chincy patches really take away from it.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I bought a Canucks Premier jersey at Rogers Arena when they won the Presidents' Trophy and the front crest, including the letters, are good quality. The jock tag and the shoulder logos are really the only poor things about the jersey. When I can afford it, I plan on getting a goalie-size one to wear on the ice.

OD_Signature.jpg

Funny you posted that, I was thinking of doing the exact same thing just yesterday!

What is the quality of the Vancouver script?

Quality is great surprisingly. The only difference between it and the script of the authentic jersey is it's not stiched on.

Your jersey looks just as bad as it did in the beginning.

You could do the same with a Flames jersey if you can track down the patches. I have a home Flames Edge and the chincy patches really take away from it.

Considering the awful, half assed secondary logos the current Flames jersey has why bother?

looks great! the wordmark over the c-whale is unfortunate though, any way to give those some sort of embroidered look to match the quality of the rest?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

looks great! the wordmark over the c-whale is unfortunate though, any way to give those some sort of embroidered look to match the quality of the rest?

I am guessing they have the fake look of stitches and are heat/glue applied?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

i saw a guy, im not sure if it was on here or JerseyCentral, that did the same thing with a blackhawks jersey. i think its a great way make the premiers look alot better!

Do you have a link to this by any chance? I've been toying around with the idea of doing this to one of my jerseys, and I'd love to see how it went with someone else/where he got it done.

330zl3b.png

The cheesy shoulder patches are what's kept me from buying a Blue Jackets replica and I had the same idea as you, but I can't seem to find any CBJ shoulder patches. I had my girlfriend buy me a third jersey for Christmas specifically because it doesn't have any shoulder patches.

Looks great and goes to show that it only takes a little ingenuity and you can get around the big wigs at RBK without having to drop 3 hundo.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Very impressed. After reading this, I am looking at my Sharks jersey and I might do the same thing with the shoulder patches. I looked through eBay and the only one that works with the teal jerseys is too big, so I don't know how else I would make it work.

Go A's!

Very impressed. After reading this, I am looking at my Sharks jersey and I might do the same thing with the shoulder patches. I looked through eBay and the only one that works with the teal jerseys is too big, so I don't know how else I would make it work.

Be patient, you'll find them.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

Archived