Villain logo

neo_prankster

The new eye is much better. I wish you would've kept the original logo and posted the updated one so I could compare it. Did you change the shading on the hood? I thought it looked better before like the one FGWB posted. I think this guy needs a jawbone instead of it just terminating at the chin. You really have some talent. Have you ever tried inkscape? If not, I think you should try it. It would really clean up your concepts and take them to the next level.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

It really reminds me of a collge identity but I cant for the life of me remember the name of the school. It's a cloacked figure they use but he usually faces in the other direction. I'm not saying it's a rip job I'm just saying it's the first thing I thought of when I saw this and any time you design a logo that makes folk think of an existing one you're off to a bad start imo, as the whole point of creating an identity is to make a team unique in the eyes of the viewing public.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

He really doesn't look particularly mad or upset at anything. Looks more like he's constipated or strained in some other way. Not particularly intimidating.

9ersteve, I think you may be thinking of Providence College:

large_ProvidenceLogo.jpg

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

He really doesn't look particularly mad or upset at anything. Looks more like he's constipated or strained in some other way. Not particularly intimidating.

9ersteve, I think you may be thinking of Providence College:

large_ProvidenceLogo.jpg

That's the fella! Seeing them together in direct comparison they are pretty different but I did say I didn't think it was a rip job just that it reminded me of somethingelse. I'll be honest if I was going to do a Villans logo I'd be more inclined to go for the old silent movie type villan with the goatee and moustache than a mad monk type, purely for the sake of originality but that's just me.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

There is a really solid foundation here, and I like the imagery used. My one critique would be that the hood should probably cover more of the forehead/brow area, where his eyes are peering underneath that hood. The cloak shading is top notch, love it, nothing wrong with it imo. Maybe look into squaring that chin off slightly, less rounded and I think it'll help.

I think if his jawline could be implied that would help that area down into his upper neck as well. I don't think the ear area and the back of his face need to be shown at all, as the hood should have shadows covering most of it if not all of it. These are just some thoughts I had, if you want to run with them, I'd love to see an update or two on this project, I think it has tons of potential.

Archived