Report: Flyers to host 2012 Winter Classic

nash61

Here's the NHL's map of the united states when they try to determine where the winter classic will be held:

pennsylvania.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, um, sorry that Pennsylvania is relatively cold and has two well-supported teams? It was either gonna be them or New York, and you'd have bitched if they put it there, too, "ZOMG another Rangers game on NBC"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm not blaming pennsylvania. I'm just saying there are places like colorado, and basically anywhere in canada that could handle the winter classic.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

They're not putting the game in Canada because NBC doesn't want them to, and they're not putting it in Denver because their team blows goats. Philadelphia is as fine a place as any to showcase the league.

I am in favor of the Lake Tahoe game somewhere down the line, though.

I'm not blaming pennsylvania. I'm just saying there are places like colorado, and basically anywhere in canada that could handle the winter classic.

I'm pretty sure they are just sticking with the Heritage Classic for Canada. If it would to me though I would have the Heritage Classic be open to just the original six teams, and the Winter Classic would be for the rest of the league.

I don't like the whole Canadian NHL gets this game and US NHL gets this game.

Kind of a shame the United States is so ignorant of geography that a game in Ca-Na-Da is unthinkable. "What the hell is Calgary?" "You mean where the hell is it?" "No, what the hell is it?"

Kind of a shame the United States is so ignorant of geography that a game in Ca-Na-Da is unthinkable. "What the hell is Calgary?" "You mean where the hell is it?" "No, what the hell is it?"

That's what I would want to get rid of. I think having games involving only teams from only the two respective countries just reinforces that. Let's do matchups like Ottawa/Buffalo or Vancouver/San Jose. That's not possible under the current system. Can still do Edmonton/Calgary and broadcast that in the US as well. They don't even show the Heritage classic on TV in the US. That's the biggest thing that I would want to change.

They don't even show the Heritage classic on TV in the US. That's the biggest thing that I would want to change.

the Calgary/Montreal game absolutely was on TV in the US

The first one wasn't, but my mistake on the second one. They didn't broadcast it on NBC though, which I think was a mistake.

To be fair, irrelevant cities like Calgary shouldn't be a priority as far as learning geography.

2013 will be Flyers-Penguins from Happy Valley.

I know you're being silly but I think the 2013 game is all but guaranteed to be in Washington.

There's little chance of a 2013 season let alone a 2013 Winter Classic

Those damn Mayans again.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

This will be the Flyers' second time in the Winter Classic, and though they've never played in a WC, this will be the second outdoor game for the Flyers.

MysteryAlaskafaceoff2.jpg

Fixed

How does your edit fix anything? I was making a joke about how the Rangers were the team in Mystery, Alaska. Really you butchered it to the point where my sentence doesn't make any sense and then for some reason has a picture of the Rangers and a fictional hockey team below it.

Thanks though. Good job :rolleyes:

PvO6ZWJ.png

I know you're being silly but I think the 2013 game is all but guaranteed to be in Washington.

Those damn owners again.

FYP

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Those damn owners again.

FYP

If Bettman cancels another season or does another lockout we need to get Seal Team Six to do another double tap with a splash.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

To be fair, irrelevant cities like Calgary shouldn't be a priority as far as learning geography.

How the hell are we irrelevant. :P

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Why can't they ever have a game west of the Mississippi, like the Twin Cities or Denver and yes I know that Calgary had the Haritage Classic but thats nothing compared to the Winter Classic.

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

They wont put a Canadian team in it because Canadian teams dont count towards ratings for NBC and their potential viewership is cut in half.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived