2011NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well now it looks like Houston will be in the drivers' seat for the non-AQ BCS spot.

Yep. Boise's loss is Case Keenum & Friends' gain. Only question for Houston is whether or not they can rise up enough spots to get the non-AQ bid.

I think for Houston, they'll need Tulsa to be ranked when they meet at the end of the year, and same goes for Southern Miss in the CUSA Championship. That's probably the only thing that could get them into the BCS top 12.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Hardly a unique position, but that blue turf has to go. It makes the whole operation look bush league.

I can't deny it's a tad hokey, but its hokeyness is what makes it perfect for college football. This is a sport that also features the Sooner Schooner and the "Woo Pig Sooie" chant. I think the blue turf fits in. B)

Homer Alert: And let's not forget a giant Buckeye nut with arms and legs. B)

Brutus+the+Buckeye-thumb-280x400.jpg

And this... B)

stanford-cardinal-tree-mascot-2009-ncaa-1bKcwL.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

I think for Houston, they'll need Tulsa to be ranked when they meet at the end of the year, and same goes for Southern Miss in the CUSA Championship. That's probably the only thing that could get them into the BCS top 12.

SMU losing at home to Navy did not help Houston at all.

No, but there is a good chance Tulsa and Southern Miss will be both ranked for their meetings with Houston, so that will help their cause. I haven't seen who Tulsa and Southern Miss have beaten, but both are solid programs and should give Houston their biggest fight.

Okay, for anyone pushing for Houston to get into the BCS, you should really check out their weak schedule. I'm all for giving people a chance, but that is if you play someone. Boise State played no one this year besides Georgia and TCU. Houston? Well, if SMU lost at home, they have no shot at the BCS. No New.Era, Tulsa and Southern Miss aren't going to help them. Not only does their weak schedule hurt Houston, but the perception of what Houston really is. The perception (and truth) that they are just a team that runs up scores against lesser opponents to pad the stats of their QB's and when they play someone even middle of the road, you see who Houston really is. Houston is no different than Boise State, just beating up on lesser opponents. If Houston played, Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Nebraska, Clemson, or a few like that, I'd back their cause to get into the BCS. Their only win out of conference versus a was struggling to beat a bad UCLA team. Southern Miss' schedule won't help Houston. Tulsa's may, but if you're actually looking at someone else's schedule to help you, you have no chance.

Okay, for anyone pushing for Houston to get into the BCS, you should really check out their weak schedule. I'm all for giving people a chance, but that is if you play someone. Boise State played no one this year besides Georgia and TCU. Houston? Well, if SMU lost at home, they have no shot at the BCS. No New.Era, Tulsa and Southern Miss aren't going to help them. Not only does their weak schedule hurt Houston, but the perception of what Houston really is. The perception (and truth) that they are just a team that runs up scores against lesser opponents to pad the stats of their QB's and when they play someone even middle of the road, you see who Houston really is. Houston is no different than Boise State, just beating up on lesser opponents. If Houston played, Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Nebraska, Clemson, or a few like that, I'd back their cause to get into the BCS. Their only win out of conference versus a was struggling to beat a bad UCLA team. Southern Miss' schedule won't help Houston. Tulsa's may, but if you're actually looking at someone else's schedule to help you, you have no chance.

It does not really matter what WE think since the human polls will give them more credit than they may deserve. While they could be like 2007 Hawaii, the AP will vote them high because coaches do not watch the game and the Harris Poll will follow because that is what they do. UH is two-thirds of the way there.

No, but there is a good chance Tulsa and Southern Miss will be both ranked for their meetings with Houston, so that will help their cause. I haven't seen who Tulsa and Southern Miss have beaten, but both are solid programs and should give Houston their biggest fight.

Tulsa's 3 losses are Oklahoma, Boise State, and Oklahoma State.

6fQjS3M.png

Tulsa's 3 losses are Oklahoma, Boise State, and Oklahoma State.

Oh.... Yeah, that might be a problem. Again they're Tulsa and all three of those schools are damn good teams.

Boise State....you're what I like to call "A cute little story".

A "cute little story" that beat your Georgia Bulldogs. B)

ZING!!

I'll give BSU that, but for all intents and purposes, Boise State's season is over. Unless TCU loses twice, BSU won't win their conference and they'll go to some bowl game played before Christmas. Georgia, however, still has all their realistic goals within reach. At worst, Georgia plays in the Chick-Fil-A Bowl on New Year's Eve. Reach the SEC Championship Game, and UGA likely goes to the Capital One Bowl. The Sugar Bowl is still in play.

Who would you rather be right now? Boise State (with nothing to play for) or Georgia (who now looks like they might give LSU a bit of a test)?

The funny thing is, now that Boise State's no longer in the picture, this opens the door a little bit for an Alabama-LSU rematch.

A lot of crazy things still have to happen, but the big hurdle known as an undefeated Boise State team has been cleared. It'll be interesting to see what happens to Oklahoma in the rankings. They lost at home to a Texas Tech team that lost by 60 at home to Oklahoma State. Oregon currently leads Stanford, too. Maybe that's a rematch that's more feasible....

Utes destroy UCLA, who beat ASU last week.

This PAC is tough to figure(have i said that before :rolleyes: )

Thaaaaaaaanks Utaaaahhhhh.

ASU back in control of its own destiny in the Pac-12 South... Because who doesn't want to play Oregon a second time! :P

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived